PDA

View Full Version : Woah!

buttercupmcgee
November 8th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Damage central but holy clever hair invention!

http://www.youtube.com/user/LuxyHair#p/u/1/W3KCFRADoX8

moxamoll
November 8th, 2011, 03:49 PM
I had a friend who used to do this all the time. The only time I could get it to work was in a previous long hair phase when the ends were a mess. (So bad, I could braid down to the end and let go - all the splits and frizz held it together. :shudder: )

I've tried it now and without product and with nice ends - it just slides right out. Meh - I never leave home without some kind of toy!

isabelx
November 8th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Gah! :scared:

buttercupmcgee
November 8th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I had a friend who used to do this all the time. The only time I could get it to work was in a previous long hair phase when the ends were a mess. (So bad, I could braid down to the end and let go - all the splits and frizz held it together. :shudder: )

I've tried it now and without product and with nice ends - it just slides right out. Meh - I never leave home without some kind of toy!

Oooo, this is a good hair health test then!

amantha
November 8th, 2011, 04:13 PM
I haven't finished the video yet, but the cat rolling around on the bed in the background is making me giggle so hard.

aisha.christine
November 8th, 2011, 04:33 PM
I haven't finished the video yet, but the cat rolling around on the bed in the background is making me giggle so hard.

This is the exact same thing I thought when I watched the video. My computer's on mute, and all I saw was an adorable cat freaking out on the bed. SO CUTE.

Amber_Maiden
November 8th, 2011, 04:43 PM

haha! Me too! I was so distracted!

spike316
November 8th, 2011, 04:49 PM
This is the exact same thing I thought when I watched the video. My computer's on mute, and all I saw was an adorable cat freaking out on the bed. SO CUTE.

Me too! Pretty coloring too, Siamese? It's hard to tell because it's out of focus. That being said, it doesn't look that damaging to me since it seems like the damage is already there. :shrug:

darklyndsea
November 8th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Oooo, this is a good hair health test then!
Well, unless you have hair that tangles that easily when it's not damaged...I'd only make it halfway down, if that, before I couldn't braid anymore if I didn't untangle as I went.

RitaPG
November 8th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Yeah, my hair is to slippery to make reverse braiding work...
Cute kitty! :D

twopoints
November 8th, 2011, 05:04 PM
I just tried this with half my hair and it stayed quite securely. Although, my hair isn't damaged and I use silicon products. If I tie my hair into a knot, it slips straight out. It was just in a bun so there isn't that many tangles.

kitten1986
November 8th, 2011, 07:19 PM
my hair has a little damage on the ends which i am slowly cutting off but I just tried it and it worked
but looked quite messy, i would probably only use it it i was absolutely desperate to put my hair back and I didnt have anything to secure it
My hair didnt really knot or tangle so it was quite easy to undo it when i took it out i think it you were careful it wouldnt cause too much extra damage

julliams
November 8th, 2011, 07:29 PM
I would think this has more to do with hair texture rather than damaged hair. Plus how how many days past wash day too. My SIL has the slipperiest hair I've ever some across so I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work for her, but just might work for me. Hair is wet right now so I have to wait until it's dry.

Merewen
November 8th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Well, I will either have a heck of a time detangling the hair while braiding or while taking it out, so I don't see that it's any worse than braiding my hair in general.

Also, KITTY!

archel
November 8th, 2011, 08:13 PM
EEEE Himalayan rolling around on the bed *squee* Wait, what?

racrane
November 8th, 2011, 08:24 PM
I know, me too! I adored the kitty! That's all I saw. Oh yes, the braid. :) Right off the bat, my hair's too slippery for things like that. Ah well, I liked the cat.

jojo
November 8th, 2011, 08:40 PM
clever but imaging taking that braid out like "snap snap snap!" anybody care to be guinea pig? :D.....I will pass!!

Yame
November 8th, 2011, 08:43 PM
I don't see why it would be so damaging?

owlathena
November 8th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Hmm...I dont think it would be super damaging. I'll have to remember this next time I'm in a bind.

Lostsoule77
November 8th, 2011, 09:40 PM
I just can't imagine trying to get the knots out when your done. Lucky for me I keep hair ties in my purse 24/7 plus I have one in my pocket 9 times out of 10 too. That & I can get my bun to stay up without anything most of the time as well too.

I didn't even notice the cat, now I have to go watch it again. :)

oktobergoud
November 9th, 2011, 01:32 AM

I just wanted to say this haha :D It's soo cute!

joflakes
November 9th, 2011, 03:01 AM
Oooh kitteh!!