PDA

View Full Version : Cassia and cones?!

Annibelle
November 8th, 2011, 07:22 AM
I posted this on the cassia thread, but it seems kinda dead over there right now. For those of you who use cassia... do you use cones? Have you used cones with cassia? Does it work okay? I'm considering going back to cassia, but I wanna try something from the Suave Professionals line, but NOT if it will mess with the cassia! :) THANKS! :flower:

cmg
November 8th, 2011, 02:29 PM
At some stage I might have used cassia on hair that was washed with cones. It was before I started to pay attention to cones. I could still feel the cassia effect, but I think it is counterproductive to first coat the hair with cones and then try to put something like cassia on it. It stays on the outside and washes out for the most part. In a paste there is plenty I guess. Still seems like a waste though. The effect doesnt last as long as without.

Annibelle
November 8th, 2011, 02:48 PM
That's exactly what I was wondering... because it seems that way to me, too.

Blond On Blond
November 8th, 2011, 04:59 PM
I've used cassia a lot before I started hennaing. I'm on and off with cones, but when I did use them I simply clarified my hair each time before a cassia application to get the maximum benefits.

reilly0167
April 9th, 2016, 03:01 PM
Hello, just reading along and came across this thread about cassia and cones, so I figure I just revive it a bit with my recent experience using a cone conditioner. I also posted on the henna gloss using coconut milk(super hydrating thread). Last week I did a henna gloss using coconut milk as the main mixing liquid, but in my mind it looked like straight henna so I added conditioner. I was out of cone free conditioner (suave), so I used a conditioner called Aussie miracle 7 ( has cones) figured couldn't hurt and mixed it together and left it on for an hour and a half, it worked perfectly fine, didn't effect dye uptake at all on me. Perhaps it be the same with using cassia:)