PDA

View Full Version : You know you're a henna-head when...

VikingVampChick
November 7th, 2011, 08:59 PM
you venture to the grocery at 10 pm with henna on. Yes, covered, but still..:D

McFearless
November 7th, 2011, 09:24 PM
How do you cover your head and still manage to not look like an alien? My hair is piled on top of my head with saran wrap, a scarf and a chunky hat when I henna. My head looks huge!
:p

dragonette@1
November 7th, 2011, 09:33 PM
You drive 50 miles to have a friend slather on the henna, and then drive all the way back looking like an alien (conehead), and hope you don't have to stop for ANYTHING!

Blond On Blond
November 7th, 2011, 09:50 PM
You know you're a henna-head when you wish the henna would fade so you can keep reapplying it.

When the first 20 or so bookmarks in your browser contain the word "henna".

When your family asks you NOT to talk about henna during Thanksgiving.

VikingVampChick
November 7th, 2011, 10:23 PM
How do you cover your head and still manage to not look like an alien? My hair is piled on top of my head with saran wrap, a scarf and a chunky hat when I henna. My head looks huge!
:p

I only have shoulder length hair. Shower cap covered by a scarf worked tonight.

Sieren
November 7th, 2011, 10:27 PM
hahaha I've done that before, when my hair was short. Everyone teased me because it made me look bald!
Now that my hair is longer than APL and thick, I look like an alien. So far I haven't gone anywhere besides out in my yard. But that's not saying I won't.......
LOL!

Pierre
November 8th, 2011, 06:32 AM
You look at your shed hairs to see the red sparkle.

You put henna attar in your hair to make the scent match the color.

Blond On Blond
November 8th, 2011, 06:43 AM

LOL, doing it all the time! :D

Mayflower
November 8th, 2011, 08:22 AM
When everytime you apply it you get so annoyed by the scent and stuff dripping down your neck everywhere, but still you look forward to it every month just because it makes your hair feel and look fantastic those first few days!

giuditta
November 8th, 2011, 08:25 AM
When every redheaded lady in the street makes you wonder if she's a henna head too....

Amber_Maiden
November 8th, 2011, 08:26 AM
When you wake up, and while yawning, start mixing up some henna.

Neecola
November 8th, 2011, 03:51 PM
When you look at the spice and herb aisle and instead of food, wonder what else you could try in your henna mix.

Celebrian
November 8th, 2011, 04:50 PM
Yes, all of those things you've all said: I do then all! :cheese: ATM, my shower doesn't work properly, so I cover my henna head with loads of saran and a long winding scarf turban style - and creep down the backstreets (10-12 mins walk) to the university gym where I am a member, and head for one of the two big shower rooms. I take ages in there - and emerge with very wet and red hair, only to have to walk back home again in the winter cold! It's getting a bit much now - but I'll be doing it again tomorrow to try and get my grey roots better covered.

Oh, and I'll be up, yawning and mixing at breakfast too - so I can can go up to uni and rinse off in late afternoon. I'm obsessed with it really. The shine is like nothing else! :D

VikingVampChick
November 8th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Yes, all of those things you've all said: I do then all! :cheese: ATM, my shower doesn't work properly, so I cover my henna head with loads of saran and a long winding scarf turban style - and creep down the backstreets (10-12 mins walk) to the university gym where I am a member, and head for one of the two big shower rooms. I take ages in there - and emerge with very wet and red hair, only to have to walk back home again in the winter cold! It's getting a bit much now - but I'll be doing it again tomorrow to try and get my grey roots better covered.

Oh, and I'll be up, yawning and mixing at breakfast too - so I can can go up to uni and rinse off in late afternoon. I'm obsessed with it really. The shine is like nothing else! :D

Your majesty
:queen:
:)

BrennalaRosa
November 8th, 2011, 06:52 PM
When you read something aloud to your s/o about the smell of henna being an aphrodisiac and s/he/xe heartily agrees, if only from being used to it

...And then hears that it's henna FLOWERS that are aphrodisiac, so s/he/xe goes out and buys live henna plants with hopeful eyes.

fairystar32
November 9th, 2011, 12:49 AM
hahhaah great posts :)
I do a few of these although I would NEVER venture out of the house, with my henna on LOL unless its sat in the back yard, which I do a lot...

Celebrian
November 9th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Your majesty
:queen:
:)

Hee hee - thanks. I made it there and back today without being stopped! I may have to do it again in a few days as my grey roots are proving tiresome. Who cares. The whole brew-up and smacking of warm fragrant henna on my head is a tonic! And the wash-off and revelation of the rich colour and shine is a tonic as well. :cheese:

stacyyyy1972
November 11th, 2011, 10:43 PM
When every redheaded lady in the street makes you wonder if she's a henna head too....

hahaha I DO THAT!!

oktobergoud
November 12th, 2011, 04:02 PM

When everytime you apply it you get so annoyed by the scent and stuff dripping down your neck everywhere, but still you look forward to it every month just because it makes your hair feel and look fantastic those first few days!

Yup, agree with these two! :)

VikingVampChick
March 8th, 2012, 05:10 PM
you go out to eat (just frozen yogurt and to pick up take-out) with your cousin with henna on (covered with 2 shower caps - yay growth!) and black shawl-thing (see my opening post on this thread).

...spend too much time looking at the sparkly copper little grays and the red shine in your hair whenever you pass by a reflective surface.

Mrsbaybeegurl
March 8th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Go to a sunny room with mirror in hand just to brush your hair so you can watch the almost magical color change as the sun shimmers off each strand :)

eshta
March 9th, 2012, 11:21 AM
When your family doesn't react to half a drawer of fresh henna powder in the freezer.

The only time you use a blowfryer is after henna so you can see the color faster.

When your neighbors ask if it's henna or a deep treatment under your wool hat in the middle of the summer. (I used only do it with henna, but it also works wonders with DTs).

eshta
March 9th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Sorry, double post.

Unofficial_Rose
March 9th, 2012, 11:33 AM
When you try to go back to chemical colour and give up and henna because you have got used to the superior conditioning and the lovely way your hair feels. And that's even when the chem colour is slightly prettier.

When you wondered how you ever put chemical slurries on your hair and scalp.

When your family wet themselves laughing when you henna your eyebrows.

When the postman says "Are you hennaing - I used to henna" when you answer the door to get a parcel. That one from a fifty-something chap really surprised me. :)

When your ad server thinks you are of Asian origins and serves you adverts for Asian marriage bureaux.

When you are mixing up your henna/henndigo and your teenage DS says "There had better be some indigo in there" (he knows henna on its own doesn't suit me that well)

Of the Fae
March 9th, 2012, 02:15 PM
When you stick your face into your hair every few minutes to smell the lovely henna smell up until three days after applying :)

Shatam1
March 9th, 2012, 05:30 PM
When you've convinced your 18 year old son to let you henna his hair (I just did that by the way an hour ago, hope he doesn't kill me afterwards):D His hair is really dark brown almost black so I am counting on the color not showing too much:rolleyes:

Dorothy
March 9th, 2012, 05:41 PM
When people started calling me a Redhead! :cheese:

Littlewing13
March 10th, 2012, 12:41 AM
When in the first few days you look for excuses to go into the bathroom just to look at your hair in the mirror & cant stop touching your amazingly conditioned silky hair!

When you get so sick of the waiting for the dye release & however many hours you leave it on for, only to rinse out & to immediately want to do it again!

(Henna noob. its exciting!)

Maelyssa
March 10th, 2012, 01:00 PM
When your man now looks at every redhead he sees and wonders out loud if she uses henna. Lol

malwes
March 12th, 2012, 11:07 AM
When your man now looks at every redhead he sees and wonders out loud if she uses henna. Lol
Eaxactly! My husband is doing exactly the same....a few more hennaying and he would be able to recognize which henna are others using just by looking at their colour :)

Alvrodul
March 12th, 2012, 11:12 AM
... when you sneer at the "henna" kits in the shops. REAL henna is BAQ!! :twisted:

JellyBene
March 12th, 2012, 11:16 AM
you venture to the grocery at 10 pm with henna on. Yes, covered, but still..:D
I have gone hiking once! I had a shower cap and a silk scarf but there was still drippy green mess on my neck! Then another time I went to a video store and got hit on :rolleyes:. I take that as a serious compliment considering how I looked!