PDA

View Full Version : How to avoid the 'after-romp' rats nest hair?

hurricanexkat
November 7th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Sorry if it's not allowed or considered lewd, but I have bsl hair and am wondering the best way to keep it out of the way and from becoming dreadlocked after an old fashioned rumble in the hayloft, if you catch my drift. I'm tired of dealing with the horror of detangling and it's even starting to make me want to 'have a headache' instead.

Help? Suggestions? Or is this a sign for abstinence? Lol.

Kelikea
November 7th, 2011, 07:31 PM
French braid, Pony tail half-pulled through, bun with pins(not a hair stick), or really any braid should be fine. Don't fake a headache, its like the boy who cried wolf. You won't be believed if you actually have a headache!

NativeGirl
November 7th, 2011, 07:33 PM
I used to have this problem. I just twist my waist length hair into a quick bun, if it's one of those unexpected moments. If I know ahead of time that it's going to happen I braid my hair.

Chromis
November 7th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Braid it or change position.

DreamDance
November 7th, 2011, 07:35 PM
I have the advantage of having to plan around a two-year-old's sleep schedule, so I just put enough coconut oil in my hair (use whatever your favorite is) where I know it will get tangled and then make the de-tangling part of the bargain. DH just grabs the comb without even asking now!

leslissocool
November 7th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Braid it or change position.

Yep, beware of buns too, I pulled my neck and couldn't turn my head to the left for a week, DH accidentally rested his elbow on it and with the friction it ended up twisting my neck.

FrozenBritannia
November 7th, 2011, 07:43 PM
I'm so glad someone else asked this. :) Not so much a problem at my current length, but I remember it being painful last time I was at BSL.

spidermom
November 7th, 2011, 08:01 PM
I used to wear a high ponytail.
Then I would routinely braid it before bed.

Now there are cobwebs where the romp in the hay used to be.

katsrevenge
November 7th, 2011, 08:11 PM

:eek::shocked:

I'm sorry.

jacqueline101
November 7th, 2011, 08:15 PM
I wear a bun for those moments.

Vanilla
November 7th, 2011, 08:24 PM
I detangle with oil afterwards, can't always bun or braid beforehand.

Raiscake
November 7th, 2011, 08:53 PM
I just gather my hair above my head or leave it hanging on the edge. Usually, romping is one of those rare times I'm not thinking about my hair.

archel
November 7th, 2011, 08:56 PM
There ain't a thing I can do about it. A romp with my BF leaves even the tightest french braid pulled down and tangles all over the place.

And I ain't complaining! :cheese:

HumanBean
November 7th, 2011, 09:02 PM
This is such a practical question and I'm glad you asked it! I don't have an answer myself, just reading the others.

honeyblonde
November 7th, 2011, 09:12 PM
I TRY to braid beforehand. lol

Rockmoss
November 7th, 2011, 09:19 PM
Hah! I never even thought about this problem. I guess my hair isn't long enough currently for this problem. I do have issues with him sleeping on top of my hair through the night though, and he gets frustrated with it in his face when we spoon. The layers I currently have make it pretty impossible to braid and I can just almost throw it into a bun without layers falling in my face. I think pig tail braids would be super cute in bed when you get.... busy....

luthein
November 7th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Always be on top. =P

shannonsun
November 7th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Always be on top. =P

I like that advice!!! ;)

Eden75
November 7th, 2011, 10:16 PM
I prefer my hair down for those moments and have discovered that satin pillowcases work wonders for all sorts of things other than keeping curls from frizzing ;)

Annibelle
November 7th, 2011, 10:30 PM
My hair doesn't tangle, so I just let it do its thing. I usually make sure my hair is down beforehand, though, because if it's up or braided, I'll look veeeery unattractive half-way through. ;)

Sidenote: Once, I showed up to work and a co-worker INSISTED that I had romped beforehand. (I hadn't.) Her rationale? I had "bed hair." That was my clue that I needed to comb more often. ;)

racrane
November 7th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Eh, I always have scrunchies on me and if we get going, I just put my hair in a ponytail or messy bun.

MrsGuther
November 8th, 2011, 12:00 AM
I just put my hair up in a quick half looped ponytail in the heat of the moment so it won't get all tangled, or I already have it bunned for bedtime.

Dars
November 8th, 2011, 01:05 AM
Just an FYI, a romp has been shown to relieve headaches so I won't commend saying that or any excuse period. ;)

RoseOfClare
November 8th, 2011, 02:06 AM
Pigtails! My bf loves them n ponys n buns n messy buns always fall out on me

Alaia
November 8th, 2011, 02:39 AM
Always be on top. =P

Uhuh. Agreed. :p

Chetanlaiho
November 8th, 2011, 04:15 AM
Thanks for asking this question! I've been trying to figure it out myself xD Even tight dutch pigtail braids manage to get tangled somehow :/ any kind of pins won't work since they press into my scalp and that actually does give me a headache xD

I'll be watching this thread for more ideas ^_^

Bish
November 8th, 2011, 05:28 AM
Eh, I always have scrunchies on me and if we get going, I just put my hair in a ponytail or messy bun.

This. :D

Always be on top

This. :D

LocustSpawning
November 8th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Haha, interesting thread. Mine is usually down, I feel prettier that way. & like another post mentioned, I'm pretty much on top mostly so it doesn't interfere too much.

SteelRose
November 8th, 2011, 06:15 AM
I just detangle afterward. If I put it up DH would just take it down anyway! Not that I'm complaining!

gracenotes
November 8th, 2011, 06:33 AM
French braid! Or, if I don't have a lot of time to plan beforehand, a quick bun with a hair tie works just as well. Some detangling inevitably always has to be done afterwards anyway, but I'm not complaining!:D

Kiwiwi
November 8th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Braid it or quickbun it.
Most important; keep your head on a satin pillowcase if you're lying down. It really does work wonders.
Staying on top, too ;-) But hey, we like to switch things up, right? ^_^

Amber_Maiden
November 8th, 2011, 06:51 AM
Very high bun...

Amiblue
November 8th, 2011, 08:57 AM
I usually make a pony tail and just pull it part way through at the end so it is all kinda up and at least above my shoulders. Mine is waist right now.

nobeltonya
November 8th, 2011, 09:03 AM
braid or bun [depends on whether I comb it or not]

Merlin
November 8th, 2011, 09:35 AM
This topic comes up on LHC every few months. The best reply I've seen yet was, and I think I'm quoting, "if your hair isn't messy by the time you've finished you're not doing it right"

moxamoll
November 8th, 2011, 09:40 AM
DBF is well trained, so if he sidles up and says "Why don't your braid your hair?", I know he's feeling amorous! :))

moon2dove
November 8th, 2011, 09:41 AM

^^^^ This.....Hehehehe!!! ! Yep !;)

nellreno
November 8th, 2011, 11:05 AM
I always braid it before bed so if sex happens then I'm ready for it. Other times I just attempt to keep it out of the way and typically fail miserably.

Shesta
November 8th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Usually my high cinabun with scrunchy will do the job. Otherwise I just flip my hair over the pillow. Most of our bed linen are either silk or satin so I don't really get that many tangles :D

Nastasia
November 8th, 2011, 02:13 PM
French braid. It gets tangled anyway, but not too badly. And, like Merlin said, if I didn't get tangles, I'd think I was doing it wrong :D.

Lapin
November 8th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Yeah, a certain amount of tangle is worth it for the :cheese:

That being said, my coarse hair likes to mat into pseudo-dreads with any sort of... friction.
I deal :D

I feel infinitely sexier with my hair down, but once i actually have some length I might have some issues... eh, if that's my big issue in life i'm good! I guess braids are sexy compromises between hair being free and being preserved.

I like this thread! Today I've gone from the TMI Cervix thread to this guy - it's been fun!

Panth
November 8th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Always be on top. =P

This ceases to work past classic...

Magdalene
November 8th, 2011, 03:03 PM
High scrunchie bun and a silk pillowcase

squee
November 8th, 2011, 03:12 PM
There ain't a thing I can do about it. A romp with my BF leaves even the tightest french braid pulled down and tangles all over the place.

And I ain't complaining! :cheese:
*giggles* Me too with my bf, I don't even bother anymore, it is loose and shockingly it does not get too bad if I give it enough EVOO. :o

RedheadMistress
November 8th, 2011, 03:50 PM
- Heheheh fun problem, I would make a bun or make braids, but my hair't not long enough for it to become a problem . . to be fair, with my SO, it would end up being dreaded anyways . .

spike316
November 8th, 2011, 05:12 PM
I'm thinking braids and a silk pillowcase should fix the problem? Although with my boyfriend and I the pillows get knocked off the bed half the time. ^_^

RitaPG
November 8th, 2011, 05:20 PM
I just gather my hair above my head or leave it hanging on the edge. Usually, romping is one of those rare times I'm not thinking about my hair.
My thoughts exactly :D when you get used to having long hair, you unconsciously and automatically flip it to one side or throw it above the pillow.
If I have mine in a bun, though, I have to put it down, "messed up" buns get too tangly and combing that out brings a lot of breakage, I rather have it loose. Braids seem to do okay, though.
A satin pillowcase also helps, a lot.

battles
November 8th, 2011, 05:26 PM
I really would not be concerned about my hair in that situation.

At all.

:cheese:

celebriangel
November 8th, 2011, 05:54 PM
I often braid for DBF. But for date nights with my Locrian (DBF #2, essentially), I cone lots.

Slinks
November 8th, 2011, 07:11 PM
I TRY to braid beforehand. lol

you won't believe the :lol:s that come with this one because of your siggy pic of Rapunzal trying to hurridly comb all her hair !!! :lol: :-) love it :eyebrows:

I put a bun on the top of my head with a big claw clip :D

Merewen
November 8th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Braids are nice.

But, erm, I find some things are worth some tangles. :D

BrennalaRosa
November 8th, 2011, 08:26 PM
My hair is pretty well perpetually up in a bun. The morning after or else, right after, I usually shower and that helps to untangle my hair.

taimatsuko
November 8th, 2011, 08:54 PM
This is the best thread ever! I totally need to subscribe to this.
I've generally forgotten about my hair in the 'heat of the moment' and just dealt with the tangles later. It always gets pulled on anyways.... ^_~

I think I'll try french braid pigtails when It gets longer. I think I could make that look sexy...

AshNight1214
November 8th, 2011, 09:00 PM
If you wear your hair up more often than not, I think the chances of you having your hair down during an unplanned romp are much less. I've never had problems, but then I suppose my gf at the time had long hair too and we were careful. (does that make me weird?? hmm...)

owlathena
November 8th, 2011, 09:22 PM
This topic comes up on LHC every few months. The best reply I've seen yet was, and I think I'm quoting, "if your hair isn't messy by the time you've finished you're not doing it right"

^^^^^^^this

Lostsoule77
November 8th, 2011, 09:31 PM
My hair is generally up anyway. Plus I too am on top more often than not. Plus I tend to throw it up into my version of a knot bun if it's getting in the way or making me too hot. :D I think a few knots isn't too much to pay for that kind of activity anyway. :eyebrows:

HintOfMint
November 8th, 2011, 09:46 PM
Keeping all of these suggestions in mind, including the one that says "if it's not messy, you didn't do it right." Perhaps TMI but, I haven't had this "problem" since APL. That's about to change this weekend. My hair is now two inches shy of tailbone. Oh. Dear.

longhairedlady
November 9th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Well you can always have boring sex and nice smooth hair lol. Personally I go for the messy hair sometimes.

C.H.
November 9th, 2011, 12:23 AM
DBF is well trained, so if he sidles up and says "Why don't your braid your hair?", I know he's feeling amorous! :))

So cute! :)

Nix
November 9th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Ha ha, I love this thread! Braids all the way

snowfaery
November 10th, 2011, 10:12 AM

Hmm something to keep in mind, my hair generally looks a lot better after a romp while DH who has longer thinner finer hair than me is a total disaster. I was thinking of something along these lines this morning so I'm glad I found this thread.

ladonna
November 10th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Putting my hair in a pony tail turn's my DH on...

Elia
November 10th, 2011, 12:06 PM
oh god I lol'd from this thread, I've totally wanted to ask the same question but felt too awkward about it..just be on top or put it to the side or in a braid/bun etc. basically what everyone else said :)

luxepiggy
November 11th, 2011, 03:29 AM
Another vote for a French braid (^(oo)^)v

Moor_tu_lyfe
November 11th, 2011, 04:21 AM
Leave it down and toss it around... adds to the atmosphere! (but my hair doesn't seem to knot up that easily... Lucky Me!!!)

slz
November 11th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Well you can always have boring sex and nice smooth hair lol. Personally I go for the messy hair sometimes.
(and many other possible quotes as well)

Few things are more lewd, unwelcome and boring than the "I'm having better sex than thou" trend that tends to appear with this kind of subject. Why the need for reassurance, once you're past 20 ? It gets old and potentialy unnecessarily belittleling.

boudica
November 11th, 2011, 08:40 AM
The satin pillowcase changed everything. I switched shortly after joining LHC, and I'm never going back. The dreadlocks are so OVER!

Lapin
November 11th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Sadly, I thought of this thread the last time there was romping. My hair sucks at being untangled, and no position is going to help in any activity. I'm thinking if it's an issue when my hair is longer, I'll throw it up afterwards, and detangle the next time I shower.

I have to add that the people who post about how their SO's find putting your hair in a braid or ponytail as a precursor alluring is incredibly endearing.

Mairéad
November 11th, 2011, 11:42 AM
I'm never in a position where I'm lying down, so it hasn't been a problem for me.

perkidanman
November 12th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Well, my preference is "doggy" so I just put my hair over one shoulder or let it down my back. If it's still wet from the shower I find I usually have a bit more volume than if it just air dries.

Also, yes, satin pillowcases help. If I'm feeling especially protective of my hair I'll do it up in a satin turban. Not very sexy but practical.