PDA

View Full Version : Shikakai/Aritha Question?

AnnaJamila
November 7th, 2011, 04:10 PM
I've been itching to try using an Indian herbal wash so when I (conviniently :twisted:) ran out of shampoo/conditioner DH told me to get anything I wanted as a treat (I ended up getting some black soap, dabur coconut oil and the herbs listed next). So, I looked on ebay and found a three pack of aritha/shikakai/amla for sale. (It said the combo was for hairloss??)

Herbal wash recipes that didn't add other ingredients said either shikakai or aritha with amla. I was wondering if I could use 1 tablespoon shikakai and 1 tablespoon aritha with 2 tablespoons amla, or if I needed to use either shikakai or aritha, not both.

Will they react with each other? Will they be too diluted to be effective? Help?

AnnaJamila
November 7th, 2011, 04:31 PM
::::::bump::::::

kdaniels8811
November 7th, 2011, 05:35 PM
You can mix them or use them separately. If you have all three, just mix them together. I put a heaping teaspoon of powder in a color applicator bottle and add hot water till it is just runny. Shake well and let steep for a few minutes. I squirt the mixture on my roots and let it sit for 10 minutes or so before rinsing. You will learn how much water to add, when it is runny it is all over your face and shoulders so maybe want to apply in the shower. I apply to dry hair.

Herbal washes will not strip you hair like shampoo so it will not feel sqeaky clean. It takes some getting used to but my hair used to break off and was very fragile. Now it is strong and shiny and growing. Before cancer, I went from not being able to get past BSL until I stopped blow drying and started using herbs to wash. Then I was at waist in no time! See my albums for photos. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions. Oh, is your hair dark? Shihaki will slighly darken blond or grey hair.

AnnaJamila
November 8th, 2011, 05:05 AM
You can mix them or use them separately. If you have all three, just mix them together. I put a heaping teaspoon of powder in a color applicator bottle and add hot water till it is just runny. Shake well and let steep for a few minutes. I squirt the mixture on my roots and let it sit for 10 minutes or so before rinsing. You will learn how much water to add, when it is runny it is all over your face and shoulders so maybe want to apply in the shower. I apply to dry hair.

Herbal washes will not strip you hair like shampoo so it will not feel sqeaky clean. It takes some getting used to but my hair used to break off and was very fragile. Now it is strong and shiny and growing. Before cancer, I went from not being able to get past BSL until I stopped blow drying and started using herbs to wash. Then I was at waist in no time! See my albums for photos. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions. Oh, is your hair dark? Shihaki will slighly darken blond or grey hair.

Thank you so much! Yes, my hair is very dark. Do you find that it gets out oiling well?

I wish you health, dear, and thanks for the info! :)

kdaniels8811
November 8th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Yes, herbs remove oil very well. After washing with herbs, I use a catnip tea soak for conditioning ( I know, taking this herbal thing a bit far - smile!) which helps prevent split ends and breakage. Best of luck and let us know how it works out for you. Everyone's hair is different so herbs may not work for you.