PDA

View Full Version : What's your Magic Potion

robey
November 7th, 2011, 09:56 AM
I have seen lots of stuff on here and there about Argan oil, coconut oil, castor oil, and Monistat. I have seen many people mix oils and Monistat or etc and was wondering......

I have been wondering what mixtures are the best and if anyone has one that has very fast hair growth results.

Right now I have argan, evoo and dah dah dah.... Monistat.

Please everyone share your special magic potion and please post pictures, I would but I am not up to my 100 posts to be able to do so but can't wait until I can get to it:p

BlazingHeart
November 7th, 2011, 03:48 PM
The only thing I've ever used for hair growth is rooibos tea. I had been in a complete growth stall (due to some medical problems), and it bumped me back to my normal growth rate. I don't know how it would have affected me if my hair hadn't stopped growing. I doubted it was the rooibos tea, so I stopped using it, and my hair stopped growing again.

~Blaze

Maktub
November 7th, 2011, 03:55 PM
@ Blaze, do you drink the rooibos tea, or you actually apply it to your scalp ?

gthlvrmx
November 7th, 2011, 04:06 PM
I tried DE and that worked for me.

Yozhik
November 7th, 2011, 04:16 PM
OP, I think you only need 25 posts to be able to make albums. :flower:
If you can't wait for that, I'm pretty sure you can link photos from another host site like photobucket, no matter how many posts you have.

I'm not overly concerned with speeding up my growth rate, but I my regular cure-all when it comes to my hair is coconut oil. I slather it on if it's feeling dry or blah, or whatever. :)

AnnaJamila
November 7th, 2011, 04:23 PM
I like coconut oil for dryness; I use castor oil just in case but I don't see much of a difference. :/

Diamond.Eyes
November 7th, 2011, 05:59 PM
I have a spritz bottle of just plain rooibos tea that I spray on my scalp and length every morning, and I have another spritz bottle (my detangling spray) that contains distilled water, aloe vera gel, glycerin, jojoba oil, and VO5 Strawberries and Cream conditioner. I use both of these very frequently. :)

jojo
November 7th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Rooibo and daktarin (uk's version of monistat) I did try castor oil but too sticky and my dog kept stealing it and then got the runs!

Rockmoss
November 7th, 2011, 09:39 PM
No one's mentioned Moroccan Oil. Is there something bad about it I should know about? I do use aloe all the time though- started it in the summer. I got a very bad sunburn from working outside and put aloe all over my scalp. Surprise for me when my hair turned out lovely from it.

Diamond.Eyes
November 7th, 2011, 09:48 PM
No one's mentioned Moroccan Oil. Is there something bad about it I should know about?
Well Moroccan oil isn't really oil. If you take a look at the ingredients list, there is a whole slew of unnatural ingredients in it, and oil isn't the first ingredient. It's mostly cones, which don't really help with hair nutirition. They just make hair appear to be healthy and hide any damage that you may have. I have an old bottle I just got out of my closet and the ingredients are as follows: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl, MethylPropional, Argania Spinoza Kernal Oil (Aragan Oil), Linseed (Linum Usitatissimum) Extract, Fragrance Supplement, D&C Yellow-11, D&C Red-17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone. Maybe invest in some unrefined coconut oil or another natural oil?

princessashley
November 7th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Diamond.eyes : Have you noticed a significant change while using the rooibus tea? I am very curious of this method and can not find much information that seems legitimate from it.

Rockmoss
November 8th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Maybe invest in some unrefined coconut oil or another natural oil?

If coconut oil actually smells like coconut, I'm going to be all over that. I've seen it in solid forms, is that what you use?

BlazingHeart
November 8th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Maktub, I do apply the rooibos tea to my scalp. I put one tea bag in a cup of boiling water and leave it for a couple hours, then put it in a spray bottle and spritz and rub my scalp until it is all damp. I use 2-3 ounces of tea per application, but I would guess that a good proportion of that is because my hair is so thick that it is hard to get to my scalp. I only remember to do it a couple times a week.

Rockmoss, unrefined coconut oil does smell like coconut, but refined coconut oil is almost odorless.

Princessashley, my hair does not behave differently after a rooibos spritz. The only difference I have noticed is that it pulled me out of my growth stall.

Diamond.Eyes
November 9th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Diamond.eyes : Have you noticed a significant change while using the rooibus tea? I am very curious of this method and can not find much information that seems legitimate from it.
I have noticed a pretty significant change in my hairs' thickness since using rooibos tea. I put it in a spray bottle and spray it on my length and scalp every morning. :)

If coconut oil actually smells like coconut, I'm going to be all over that. I've seen it in solid forms, is that what you use?
Yep, that's exactly what I use. :) And like BlazingHeart said, if it's unrefined it will have a nice coconut smell to it :p. If you set a jar of coconut oil in some warm water it will become liquid. I think it hardens around 76 degrees or so. :)

Chibbylick
November 10th, 2011, 01:01 AM
I love coconut oil, and often make an oil shampoo with coconut oil and Tresemme shampoo in a 1:1 ratio, followed by ACV as a rinse.
This week on a whim I applied Avocado oil, about 1 tablespoon, through my hair of an evening, and then washed it out the next morning. I am stunned by how good my hair feels. It is day 3 now and I've had to put my hair back up because I just can't leave it alone it feels so good! My ends are over due for a trim, and have felt fragile, but they feel smooth and strong and shiny today. My Mother combed it through last night (helping me check for lice which one of my daughters has had-I'm clean) and in the same sentence as she insisted it needed to be cut shorter, she told me what lovely condition it is in! I keep meaning to look up the properties of Avocado oil so I can figure out what it actually was that has had such a good effect... any way I intend to try and do it again!

naturegirl321
November 10th, 2011, 02:11 AM
I find that keeping my hair up rather than putting stuff on it works for me.

Ishje
November 10th, 2011, 02:27 AM
untill now I have the best results with coconut oil and SMT's.
and beer rinses, they give me so much volume!

Lilibet
November 10th, 2011, 03:03 AM
Does the coconut oil not leave your hair greasy in any way? I've seen so many people mention it in here but I'm just a little too nervous to use it myself in case I just end up with an oil slick.

I'm definately trying rooibos, anything that might help stimulate growth is good in my books!

infinity_girl
November 10th, 2011, 03:20 AM
What is the science behind Rooibos tea and hair growth/thickness? I've been drinking it like crazy but might try spraying it on my scalp instead. How dilute does it need to be?

BlazingHeart
November 10th, 2011, 08:57 PM
I have no idea what the science behind it is, to be honest. When I do it, I just go 1 teabag to 1 cup of boiling water, just like making tea except that I leave it in the water for a few hours.

candycandace
November 10th, 2011, 09:04 PM
I LOVE my unrefined coconut oil. Seriously, I wish I knew about it a while ago. It has really helped with my hairs moisture and thickness. I love it, and it smells so great. :heartbeat

aisha.christine
November 10th, 2011, 09:12 PM
Unrefined coconut oil here, too. It really helped cut down on my frizz that I get in my canopy. It's also great for dry ends, but I suggest use when your hair is damp. I noticed that it works less efficiently when my hair is dry.

shannonsun
November 10th, 2011, 09:23 PM
I posted this in the "do you oil?" poll thread, but this is the approximate recipe for my magic potion :stirpot: :

40% Aura Glo - I use lavender scent
40% Castor Oil
15% EVOO
5% Argan Oil
and a few drops of lavender EO

I've been smoothing it on my damp length and massaging a tiny bit onto my clean scalp every time I wash. I couldn't do straight coconut, straight EVOO, straight argan or even diluted castor/EVOO, so I made this mix. I use it on my face and various other body parts as well!! :)