PDA

View Full Version : effects of castor oil on seb. dermatitis

coffinhert
November 7th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Does anyone know if it will exacerbate, relieve, or have no effect, when applied directly to the scalp with s.d.?

Edit: so ive been doing castor coconut scalp oiling for a month and it has made my dermatitis SO much better. No problems since i started except for when i went too long between washes. I highly recommend this for those with itchy flakey scalp. I use my finger tips to rub a light cover on my scalp after each shower.

heidi w.
November 7th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Seborrheic Dermatitus is a particularly nasty form of Dandruff, where sebum over-produces very rapidly, and skin cells can't shed very easily, and it all gets caught up together in a kind of gooey format, if left unwashed.

If you want to try this, I recommend trying it on a patch of skin where if you have a reaction that's adverse, it's not your entire head, at least.

As a person with severe Seborrheic Dermatitus, I have found that putting anything on my scalp skin is in general an aggravator of my condition. One must be very careful about these decisions in the wake of Seborrheic Dermatitus, Psoriasis, Exzema, and any kind of scalp skin condition.

heidi w.

coffinhert
November 13th, 2011, 10:17 AM
I made a 50/50 castor/coconut oil mix and applied a heavy layer directly to my scalp and let it sit for 2 days. It reduced the itchiness a lot and after about a day my dandruff flakes were much reduced. Like I have about 20% as much as I did before the oiling. I'm going to add scalp oiling to my regular routine.

Heartwillfollow
November 13th, 2011, 10:48 AM
don't know if it will cause aggravation or not. Castor oil is known for being the best carrier oil to absorb deep into the skin, using it with another oil helps the other oil be drawn into the skin better, I mentioned the seabuckthorn soap and cream from CV shop to my friend she has Psoriasis/ exzema on her arms and she is very pleased with the results for calming her skin down.