PDA

View Full Version : The Horror... why would you put this near your hair!

FloraGreen
November 6th, 2011, 05:32 PM
I spotted this whilst browsing hair toys. The site has some really nice things, but this? Rrippppp, tangle tangle tangle...

http://www.dressytresses.com/store/details.asp?PID=2621http://www.dressytresses.com/store/details.asp?PID=2621

Amraann
November 6th, 2011, 05:36 PM
I agree with you! That looks damaging!

Amber_Maiden
November 6th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Ouch. Not just the metal part of it, but the stars would definitely get caught.... yuck!

einna
November 6th, 2011, 06:05 PM
It is funny how differently I look at hair stuff after joining the LHC. This makes me cringe now!

SunnyRainStorm
November 6th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Here is the way I wear decorative bands like that....I put my hair in a ponytail using my non damaging cotton bands in black and then just wrap the decorated pony band around the cotton ones so it doesn't come in actual contact with the hair but covers the other bands so that it looks like it is holding the ponytail. It works great with no damage and tangles. :eyebrows:

Copasetic
November 6th, 2011, 06:58 PM
I'm guessing people put it near their hair because they like how it looks. I think that's the case with most hair toys.

Grillz
November 6th, 2011, 08:04 PM
I saw a headband at a flea market today that was a stretchy metal chain

shudder:

Anje
November 6th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Eeek! I'd really expect Dressy Tresses to have stuff that's more hair-friendly than that. That just looks like tangles waiting to happen.

jojo
November 7th, 2011, 02:16 AM
oh heck! id be done for murder if I let that near my hair!

redwoman
November 7th, 2011, 06:06 AM
I can just see all those little stars with 3 or 4 hairs wrapped around them as I try to remove the thing, then it would just hang there tangled in my hair......:scared:

pepperminttea
November 7th, 2011, 06:48 AM
They'd look quite pretty on a barrette, but as a ponytail holder? Oh that's just asking for trouble...

UltraBella
November 7th, 2011, 07:23 AM
My daughter has a ponytail holder that is very similar. It's actually not a big deal to get it in or out without pulling hairs and she didn't have any tangles. I think she used a black stretchy ponytail holder first, and then used the fancy one. It worked well.