PDA

View Full Version : Hair Crazy

HaiirPEACE
July 7th, 2008, 12:58 PM
i've figured out that i'm crazy protective of my hair when i drove 25 miles away to get a dusting with gas being $4.17.. she's the only one i trust now

would you drive way out of your way for an amazing stylist?

wintersun99
July 7th, 2008, 01:10 PM

Carolyn
July 7th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Hell yes! :D When I was in Michigan, I drove about 3 hours to the Cleveland area to get a trim and treatment at Enchantress. Of course that included a wonderful liver and onion lunch and getting to spend the day with my bud Koala Kim! Gas prices be damned! :p

Curlsgirl
July 7th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Oh I definitely would!!!! My new one is very close but it just happened that way.

lilalong
July 7th, 2008, 01:17 PM
No.
But I pay roughly three times of what you pay for gas.

HaiirPEACE
July 7th, 2008, 01:34 PM
i only need a dusting every 3 or 4 months so i actually guess gas won't impact it that much

orangeeyecrayon
July 7th, 2008, 01:53 PM
yup for two years i lived in rochester and i would only get my hair cut when i visited my family on long island, so it was either a 7 hour drive or a 1 hour plane flight

xrosiex
July 7th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Yes I would. I got lucky and found someone close. I dont get many dusting it's great to have her close.

wolf girl
July 8th, 2008, 09:30 AM
I am concidering driving 300 miles to Miami just to get a trim at the George Michael salon down there. :o Since I only get a trim once a year, I thought it could be a fun weekend getaway....

Islandgrrl
July 8th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Nope. I'd cut my hair myself before I'd drive that far. Heck, right now all I have to do is walk across the street (from my office), and I don't even do that!

squiggyflop
July 8th, 2008, 10:49 AM
no i dont think i would.. i would rather pay the 20$ to get some good hair scissors and do it myself.. i havent been in a salon since spring of 2006.. im not about to start going now when im perfectly capable of cutting my own hair.. however i do understand that some people cant cut hair.. my friend amy cant cut hair to save her life.. so she goes to a salon.. i definitely wouldnt pay for a dusting.. its just not worth it in my mind.. i would rather do a s&d.. now i would drive 25 miles to get someone else to do my henna for me.. messy messy

Elanor
July 11th, 2008, 05:34 AM
I've been going to the same hairdresser almost all my life. She lives in the building where I lived when I was 5-11 years old, and even though I've moved with my family a couple of times and now live on my own in the neighbor city, I still go to hers. If I ask she will trim only 2 millimeters, and she's always asking my opinion during the cutting and worrying about cutting too much. She's lovely :)

harley mama
July 11th, 2008, 05:42 AM
If I could find a really great stylist. I would be tempted to drive long distances for a good cut.
Alas, I have not been so lucky. I did drive to the town we use to live in (about 40 miles away)
to visit a stylist there. I think if I had continued going to her, I could have bent her to my hair will! ;)
But, I just cut my own hair now. :D

lady_hero
July 11th, 2008, 07:06 AM
I drive about a 1/2 an hour to get my hair trimmed.

Chromis
July 11th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Nope! Of course seeing as I don't drive it's a good thing my stylist is always with me. She does just what I want her to too! I would not trust anyone else with my hair but me!

thankyousir74
July 11th, 2008, 07:48 AM
I am concidering driving 300 miles to Miami just to get a trim at the George Michael salon down there. :o Since I only get a trim once a year, I thought it could be a fun weekend getaway....

We have a george micheal salon down here? Is he good? or is there a lot of ego down there? (sorry I've got my hair cut at supercuts all my life and they always cut more than they're supposed to and I never piped up because I've been like 12 years or younger.) Is it an expensive place?

OH and I see you are of age that's good, cos Miami is only fun if you are over 18 -.-

trolleypup
July 11th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Not that I get trims, but if someone is doing S&D on me, chances are (about 50%) that I've flown 550 miles. Normally, I do it myself though.