PDA

View Full Version : Protein treatment made my hair soft - but it isn't so shiny?

Evie
November 6th, 2011, 04:26 AM
Hello....

I've recently done a henna n' placenta protein treatment from Hask, and I left it on overnight. I then showered in the morning, rinsed it out with my normal CO, and was really, really happy with how healthy it looked, my Velcro ends are so much better....but even though it is soft, it feels a bit, well, dry? Does it now need a deep moisture treatment? Why does protein dry hair out?

Very glad I did this, I might just target the damaged sections next time, but would like to get that very supple shine back?

Amber_Maiden
November 6th, 2011, 08:49 AM
I used to use that. Found that my hair really didn't like it- it dried it out... Do a CO mask?

Evie
November 6th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Hmmm yes I think I will, thanks :flower:

I think my hair did need the protein. I'm also going to try cone free, maybe I have buildup and need to switch, just in case that is causing any problems, so am plannig on trying some Aubrey Organics or something I can get hold of easily, and see how I go....maybe cone free and protein might work better on me?!?

jojo
November 6th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Id clarify and then evaluate the shine from there. It sounds like you did need protein but you have done a treatment on top of build up. I normally do a clarifying treatment and then follow with a protein, if my hair still feels crap I do a SMT and it generally does the trick!

archel
November 6th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Not to be a downer, but placenta treatments are highly estrogenic and estrogen imbalance leads to all sorts of health problems including a higher risk of breast cancer...

archel
November 6th, 2011, 12:05 PM
http://jamesdailministries.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=116&Itemid=158

Evie
November 6th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Hey, thanks for that link. I only bought a sachet, so I'll have a look into this, and other types of protein. And Jojo, you are right that is what I did - I'm still evaluating whether I need cones or not (or whether to switch back to henndigo)....I'll try the things you suggest, and see how it goes :)