PDA

View Full Version : Yuck! High updo and hair cleavage.....

shikara
November 5th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Had a real scare for a bit there-don't know why I never noticed it before, but I gave myself an updo where the hair was swept high up. It was probably a couple days after a fresh wash bit when I viewed it from the sides I had a number of cleavages all around the temple areas. I noticed when I use a shampoo bar this dramatically decreases but nonetheless I'll certainly be watching out for these from now on - I do not like them one bit!!!!!

laura85
November 6th, 2011, 05:13 AM
:confused: Whats hair cleavage...... :o

CarpeDM
November 6th, 2011, 05:36 AM
It is "exposed" scalp :)

DoubleCrowned
November 6th, 2011, 08:40 AM
I run a boar bristle brush through the areas of an updo that are not in the bun, twist, or braid as the final step. This usually hides the cleavage, or shows me where I need another hairpin to hide it, but lots of times I just have to start over.

Amber_Maiden
November 6th, 2011, 08:46 AM
Just try to sweep it up more when brushing, being sure to get the sides. Should help a bit.

Freckled.Thing
November 9th, 2011, 10:16 PM
I find that I get these quite easily if I let my hair get too greasy. If I keep it reasonably clean though it's never an issue. I don't know how often you wash your hair but my hair get oily wicked fast (I know, it's part of being a teenager. My mom says her hair was the same way) so if it's been a day or two since I washed try to avoid styled which use pins or clips and focus on braids or hair stick styles.