PDA

View Full Version : Big Trim. 5 to 6 inches. :(

Shelly
November 5th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Ok. I did it. How does it look? Before the trim it measured 37.75 inches and now I'm down to 32 inches.

This is the pic I took after the trim on September 11. It measured about 37 inches.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8760&pictureid=118059

And here it is now after the trim today. It measures 32 inches.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8760&pictureid=118058

It still doesn't look quite the way I would like it to. It's still a little thin on the sides but it is a lot closer than it was a couple of hours ago. I had been debating it but I wasn't sure if I was actually going to do it or not until I actually did it. In the end, I didn't really want to do it but I'm glad I did because I think they look a whole lot better now and they feel a whole lot better as well. I'm upset that I lost as much length as I did but I know it was worth it.

Amber_Maiden
November 5th, 2011, 05:39 PM
I think it looks a lot healthier. I think the cut was a good idea. :) It will grow back, don't worry.

bgarrison
November 5th, 2011, 05:40 PM
I think it looks nice! And still very long.

Slinks
November 5th, 2011, 05:56 PM
I would keep up with micro-trims now to help it thicken up

Rocket22
November 5th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Ok I must be blind because it still looks just as long to me? :)

mora
November 5th, 2011, 06:11 PM
I was thinking the same thing!

Maraz
November 5th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Not only does it look the same length to me, it also looks more even in the second pic. Not sure how you managed that, must be magic with a pair of scissors!

RedDevil
November 5th, 2011, 06:18 PM
You made the right choice. To me, it doesnt look like you trimmed, it looks as if your sides caught up.

Feng-Shui
November 5th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Your ends is much beautiful and better after the cut.
No reason for sadness.
The length comes back.:flower:

GabrielleRose
November 5th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Your trim came out wonderful, and your hair looks beautiful in both pictures. As others have said, it simply looks as if your ends just caught up with the rest of your hair. Your hair looks very whimsical to me. :)

MrsGuther
November 5th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Your hair still looks very long after the trim. :) Pretty hair, you have there!!!

FrozenBritannia
November 5th, 2011, 08:16 PM
I have to agree with the others, it doesn't look any shorter to me! Looks very nice though, and I definately think it was a good idea (the trim). Not that it looked bad before, but just that it looks really good now!

Emerald88
November 5th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Add me to the list - it does not look like you lost much length, but it does look healthier so I think you made a great decision.

spidermom
November 5th, 2011, 08:42 PM
You must have not cut many hairs because honestly it looks the same length to me, just with a more defined hem. It looks good; I think you did the right thing.

blondie9912
November 6th, 2011, 01:53 AM
I was thinking the same thing!

Haha, I second that! It looks the same length and healthier.. like someone said, you've got magic scissors :D

lapushka
November 6th, 2011, 08:32 AM
When looking at your waist line in both pics, yes it does look like there's lots of length gone. It'll grow back, and now you have a neater looking hemline, so that's great!

Shelly
November 6th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Thank you all so much. I'm missing those inches I lost but I know it was for the better and I know that when it gets back to that length, it will look a lot better than it did before. No, I don't have magic scissors. I wish I did. It's going to take at least 2 years to get that length back unless I do find something that will actually make my hair grow faster. I know it can grow faster, I just need to find my "miracle grow."

jojo
November 6th, 2011, 01:16 PM

it does me too! I think its hardly noticable when your hair is very long

Shelly
November 6th, 2011, 04:11 PM
It may not seem very noticable to others bit anyone that has lost that much length all at once knows it's a lot to lose all at once. I almost feel naked now. :lol:

supercupcakexx
November 6th, 2011, 08:36 PM
It looks very healthy now...not to say it didn't look nice before! :D

Also, if you look at the two pictures, in the first she has a dropped band and in the second her belt is around her true waist. I think since her hair is a little below these markers in both of them, it makes it seem like she didn't lose as much (although it still is not that noticeable of a difference, and it does look like the sides just caught up) :D

embee
November 6th, 2011, 08:47 PM
It looks fine. Bet it will be *very* different in an updo, though! You'll have to relearn. ;)

Shelly
November 7th, 2011, 08:23 AM
I don't really have to relearn anything. :lol: in the first pic the chain was at TBL and the second the belt was around my waist. It's 4 inches shorter than TBL now. :( That's why I put it around my waist instead of TBL. If you look at the length from the elbows, the length difference is very obvious IMO.