PDA

View Full Version : To Bang, or not to Bang?

FrozenBritannia
November 5th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Ok. I had bangs. I've had bangs for years. Only they are really errrr.... not thick, but taking up a lot of my hair? I don't know quite how to put it. So, I've been trying to grow them out. Only now that they are getting long enough that they stay back, I'm not so sure if I should grow them out any more. Maybe I should just grow out half of them and keep a small fringe?

Thoughts? Advice?

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j453/FrozenBritannia/hair/RSCN1430-1.jpg
Me with no bangs

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j453/FrozenBritannia/hair/7.jpg
Me with bangs

ETA: Me with shorter thinner bangs:
http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j453/FrozenBritannia/hair/RSCN1447-1.jpg

Rocket22
November 5th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Oh I like the bangs! I think they are very flattering and look like good bangs to me. I had bangs forever and they were certainly not this pretty

battles
November 5th, 2011, 12:25 PM
I prefer without bangs. :)

long&blonde
November 5th, 2011, 12:35 PM
I prefer you without bangs too:makes your pretty face & eyes stand out so much more. I gtoo always give bangs thought,& appreciated this photo:to clarify my own self preference

luthein
November 5th, 2011, 12:38 PM
You look great with and without! If you wanted more versatility with your look, perhaps you could do long bangs that could be pinned or braided back.

silverjen
November 5th, 2011, 12:41 PM
I like bangs in general, but I think you look much prettier without them. As long&blonde said, not having bangs makes your eyes stand out more. Your face is very well proportioned and lovely, and the bangs close it off somewhat, if you see what I mean.

UltraBella
November 5th, 2011, 01:02 PM
I like you with bangs but I don't care for the thickness and the shape of your bangs. I think if you grew some of your bangs out it would be better. A nice soft rounded part where your bangs separate from your length would be my preference.

I also think pictures can be deceiving, if the bang photo was taken up close with you looking at the camera, I think people would think your eyes stand out just as much as the photo without.

Maraz
November 5th, 2011, 01:06 PM
You have such a pretty face, you can wear bangs or not and it won't make much difference, but I do like the pic without bangs better. I'm not a huge fan of bangs anyway, though.

FrozenBritannia
November 5th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Oh I like the bangs! I think they are very flattering and look like good bangs to me. I had bangs forever and they were certainly not this pretty It was a good bang day I think. (That sounds wrong!):)

I prefer without bangs. :) :)

I prefer you without bangs too:makes your pretty face & eyes stand out so much more. I gtoo always give bangs thought,& appreciated this photo:to clarify my own self preference :o thanks

You look great with and without! If you wanted more versatility with your look, perhaps you could do long bangs that could be pinned or braided back. Thats an interesting idea!:)

I like bangs in general, but I think you look much prettier without them. As long&blonde said, not having bangs makes your eyes stand out more. Your face is very well proportioned and lovely, and the bangs close it off somewhat, if you see what I mean. Yes, it does seem to cut it off doesn't it?:confused: I think with less bangs it wouldn't look like that. Or no bangs. :)

I like you with bangs but I don't care for the thickness and the shape of your bangs. I think if you grew some of your bangs out it would be better. A nice soft rounded part where your bangs separate from your length would be my preference.

I also think pictures can be deceiving, if the bang photo was taken up close with you looking at the camera, I think people would think your eyes stand out just as much as the photo without. Yes, if I keep the bangs I will be definately changing the shape and growing out at least half.:)

You have such a pretty face, you can wear bangs or not and it won't make much difference, but I do like the pic without bangs better. I'm not a huge fan of bangs anyway, though. :o thank you!

Loreley
November 5th, 2011, 01:36 PM
You look pretty either way, but I prefer without bangs.

invisiblebabe
November 5th, 2011, 01:42 PM
IMO you are definitely much prettier with no bangs.

KatjicaMjau
November 5th, 2011, 01:43 PM
With bangs, you remind me little bit on Sandra Bullock :)

You look pretty,with and without bags, but If I were you, I would go with thinner bangs if you understand :)

Shesta
November 5th, 2011, 02:31 PM
With bangs, you remind me little bit on Sandra Bullock :))

So true!

However, I think I like you more without the bangs. ;)

Thalia
November 5th, 2011, 03:01 PM
Without bangs is my fav.

newbeginning
November 5th, 2011, 03:07 PM
I prefer no bangs.

jacqueline101
November 5th, 2011, 03:20 PM
I like you with bangs.

sibyl
November 5th, 2011, 03:22 PM
You look lovely either way! I prefer with bangs but I'd cut them a little shorter than you had them before.

Amber_Maiden
November 5th, 2011, 03:28 PM
I prefer without as well.

els23
November 5th, 2011, 03:38 PM
I prefer without bangs. :) Plus, I remember what a hassle it was to have bangs, so I think I vote for growing them out.

coffinhert
November 5th, 2011, 03:39 PM
I prefer without bangs, it makes your eyes pop. You have really pretty eyebrows and the bangs kinda hide them, you know?

RedheadMistress
November 5th, 2011, 03:40 PM
- I like the bangs, they're a bit too long for my taste, but it also looks good without.
I'd keep it, cut it a bit shorter so you can see your eyebrows, then you can always pin it to the side when you feel like . .

Slinks
November 5th, 2011, 03:44 PM
I like the bangs and agree with Ultrabella - thinner bangs :-)

lesbia
November 5th, 2011, 03:44 PM
I prefer without. And I also think it is more easy to deal with

FrozenBritannia
November 5th, 2011, 04:32 PM
You look pretty either way, but I prefer without bangs. thank you : )

IMO you are definitely much prettier with no bangs.:) thanks

With bangs, you remind me little bit on Sandra Bullock You look pretty,with and without bags, but If I were you, I would go with thinner bangs if you understand REALLY??? :D thanks!

So true!
However, I think I like you more without the bangs. :) thank you!

Without bangs is my fav.:) thanks!

I prefer no bangs.:) thanks!

I like you with bangs.:) Thank you!

You look lovely either way! I prefer with bangs but I'd cut them a little shorter than you had them before. They grow really fast :)

I prefer without as well. : )

I prefer without bangs. Plus, I remember what a hassle it was to have bangs, so I think I vote for growing them out. Mine aren't much a hassle except for the trimming all the time : )

I prefer without bangs, it makes your eyes pop. You have really pretty eyebrows and the bangs kinda hide them, you know? thank you :)

- I like the bangs, they're a bit too long for my taste, but it also looks good without.
I'd keep it, cut it a bit shorter so you can see your eyebrows, then you can always pin it to the side when you feel like . . That's true, thanks! : )

I like the bangs and agree with Ultrabella - thinner bangs :-) :) thank you

I prefer without. And I also think it is more easy to deal with:) thanks!

julliams
November 5th, 2011, 06:40 PM
I prefer without bangs too - very pretty.

FrozenBritannia
November 5th, 2011, 06:44 PM
I prefer without bangs too - very pretty.

:) thank you.

You all are wonderful!

FrozenBritannia
November 5th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Ok, so since some of you thought I should try less bangs, I figured I'd try it and post a pic, because I'm still pinning up my bangs right now anyways, and if it doesn't look like you thought it would it's no hardship at this point to just brush them over and keep on growing them.

So, I tried to round the part a bit more, and the bangs, and still growing out most (which are pinned up and making me look like cindy loo hoo at the moment so ignore that if you please!)

UltraBella
November 5th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Oh yes, I like that very much !

FrozenBritannia
November 5th, 2011, 07:28 PM
Oh yes, I like that very much !

Thank you! :) :)

GlennaGirl
November 5th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Ok, so since some of you thought I should try less bangs, I figured I'd try it and post a pic, because I'm still pinning up my bangs right now anyways, and if it doesn't look like you thought it would it's no hardship at this point to just brush them over and keep on growing them.

So, I tried to round the part a bit more, and the bangs, and still growing out most (which are pinned up and making me look like cindy loo hoo at the moment so ignore that if you please!)

Beautiful! My motto is: You only live once. If you want to bang, do it. :p

GlennaGirl
November 5th, 2011, 07:48 PM

GlennaGirl
November 5th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Ok. I had bangs. I've had bangs for years. Only they are really errrr.... not thick, but taking up a lot of my hair? I don't know quite how to put it. So, I've been trying to grow them out. Only now that they are getting long enough that they stay back, I'm not so sure if I should grow them out any more. Maybe I should just grow out half of them and keep a small fringe?

Thoughts? Advice?

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j453/FrozenBritannia/hair/RSCN1430-1.jpg
Me with no bangs

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j453/FrozenBritannia/hair/7.jpg
Me with bangs

Am I alone in thinking these thick ones are HOT? They make your eyes pop like bright baby blue madness, they're sexy and classic and you have the hair for it. I LOVE this look on you.

Rocket22
November 5th, 2011, 08:01 PM
Am I alone in thinking these thick ones are HOT? They make your eyes pop like bright baby blue madness, they're sexy and classic and you have the hair for it. I LOVE this look on you.

Haha just you and me! we are the only ones pretty much. I thought the same thing you thought

FrozenBritannia
November 5th, 2011, 08:02 PM
I say that a lot too :) I'll live with it like this for a few days and if it doesn't work out, oh well! back to growing them out!

FrozenBritannia
November 5th, 2011, 08:07 PM
:o thank you. So, do prefer the long bangs over the short ones then? or doesn't matter? I'm just curious. :)

Herb
November 5th, 2011, 08:12 PM
I like without a lot! :)

long
November 5th, 2011, 08:13 PM
I like the bangs. I also think what makes you feel happy and most at home with your look is best.

FrozenBritannia
November 5th, 2011, 08:56 PM
I like the bangs. I also think what makes you feel happy and most at home with your look is best.
:) I'll be a lot happier when my layers grow out! LOL. Thank you!

Herb- it won't let me multi quote at the moment, but thank you too. :)

GlennaGirl
November 5th, 2011, 09:50 PM
:o thank you. So, do prefer the long bangs over the short ones then? or doesn't matter? I'm just curious. :)

Personally, I prefer the longer length, and the fullness. :cheese:

Natalia
November 5th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Sounds like your int he same spot im in, you like bangs but not the maintenance or the way they are with your hair type so you start to grow them out and then you arent sure what you liked better? lol yeah im still in that conundrum. Not really relevent to the queation you asked but i'll put in my two cents on what im planning to try. I was cruising the articles section and saw the video on making false bangs so if i can save enough money and find some false hair to match my color im going to give it a go. Figure id sew the tracks onto a ribbon then stitch the toupee clips to the other side so its a bit more flexible than glued, also easier to wash when needed. I like how bangs look on me but not having to deal with them everyday so viola :)! Worth a shot anyway, hope you found the answer you needed.

pennyroyal
November 6th, 2011, 12:19 AM
I love you with bangs! I wish i could have blunt bangs like that but i have a cowlick (?) so I can't. :(

Lucky
November 6th, 2011, 01:55 AM
I prefer without the bangs, but you're lovely either way :)

FrozenBritannia
November 6th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Personally, I prefer the longer length, and the fullness. :cheese: :) Interesting!

Sounds like your int he same spot im in, you like bangs but not the maintenance or the way they are with your hair type so you start to grow them out and then you arent sure what you liked better? lol yeah im still in that conundrum. Not really relevent to the queation you asked but i'll put in my two cents on what im planning to try. I was cruising the articles section and saw the video on making false bangs so if i can save enough money and find some false hair to match my color im going to give it a go. Figure id sew the tracks onto a ribbon then stitch the toupee clips to the other side so its a bit more flexible than glued, also easier to wash when needed. I like how bangs look on me but not having to deal with them everyday so viola :)! Worth a shot anyway, hope you found the answer you needed. I don't think I have thick enough hair to hide the clips, or I'd try this!!

I love you with bangs! I wish i could have blunt bangs like that but i have a cowlick (?) so I can't. :( I have a front cowlick too, on the left side, it pushes all my bangs to the right :)

I prefer without the bangs, but you're lovely either way :) :) Thank you!

jojo
November 6th, 2011, 09:16 AM
You look pretty with or without, you look very much like Stacey Soloman she goes through stages where she has them too!

spidermom
November 6th, 2011, 09:24 AM
I like your face about 95% better without the bangs.

rowie
November 6th, 2011, 09:25 AM
You look gorgeous with or without bangs. Go with what you personally like because you look fabulous in both hairstyles.

Avaya
November 6th, 2011, 09:33 AM
I think you have a very beautiful face and it shows more without the bangs. But you look good with both, so whatever decision you make, will be the right one. :)

GlennaGirl
November 6th, 2011, 11:03 AM
I second the faux bangs experiment. Why not buy some clip-ins? I know you can often get them uber-cheap on ebay and I'll bet you could get them at Sally's, and probably Chloe's too, if you have a Chloe's.

You would keep your volume in the back and have bangs when you wanted them.

Then, if you found you really were wanting them way more often than not, you could cut them back in. :)

GlennaGirl
November 6th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I prefer without the bangs, but you're lovely either way :)

^^ I agree that you do have a very very pretty face. You really can carry off either look.

KatjicaMjau
November 6th, 2011, 02:37 PM
wow! those new bangs suits you perfectly! :)

FrozenBritannia
November 6th, 2011, 05:31 PM
You look pretty with or without, you look very much like Stacey Soloman she goes through stages where she has them too! I don't know who that is but I will google! ETA: just googled, and she's actually a dead ringer for my little sister! LOL.

I like your face about 95% better without the bangs. Thank you :)

You look gorgeous with or without bangs. Go with what you personally like because you look fabulous in both hairstyles. :o thanks!

I think you have a very beautiful face and it shows more without the bangs. But you look good with both, so whatever decision you make, will be the right one. :) :) thank you

I second the faux bangs experiment. Why not buy some clip-ins? I know you can often get them uber-cheap on ebay and I'll bet you could get them at Sally's, and probably Chloe's too, if you have a Chloe's.

You would keep your volume in the back and have bangs when you wanted them.

Then, if you found you really were wanting them way more often than not, you could cut them back in. :)
I don't have a Sally's or a Chloe's. I might check ebay tho

^^ I agree that you do have a very very pretty face. You really can carry off either look. :oYou all are very flattering and sweet, thank you. I guess I don't see what you all see when I look in the mirror, but then, who does?

wow! those new bangs suits you perfectly! :) I'm not so sure about them today... A little too short I think. By next week they will be fine though I'm still seriously thinking about growing them out.

artiste
November 6th, 2011, 09:13 PM
I also prefer no bangs, although you are lovely either way.

FrozenBritannia
November 6th, 2011, 09:41 PM
I also prefer no bangs, although you are lovely either way.
thank you :)

Vercelli
November 6th, 2011, 09:46 PM
You are very pretty indeed and it doesn't matter at all if you wear bangs or don't. Personally, I would prefer the picture without bangs but I think you should do whatever makes you feel good.:)

Have fun deciding!:cheese:

Revontuletar
November 6th, 2011, 10:02 PM
I like the bangs, I think they are pretty. I have been contemplating for ages whether or not I should take the plunge and get bangs as well, but my hair is so thin I am terrified they would look awful.

FrozenBritannia
November 6th, 2011, 10:29 PM
You are very pretty indeed and it doesn't matter at all if you wear bangs or don't. Personally, I would prefer the picture without bangs but I think you should do whatever makes you feel good.:)

Have fun deciding!:cheese: Decisions, decisions!! :) Thanks

I like the bangs, I think they are pretty. I have been contemplating for ages whether or not I should take the plunge and get bangs as well, but my hair is so thin I am terrified they would look awful.

I have quite thin hair too- which is why it takes such a deep part to get the thicker looking bangs. My ponytail measures 1.75". I don't know how much thin/thickness has to do with it overall?

Revontuletar
November 6th, 2011, 10:37 PM
Decisions, decisions!! :) Thanks

I have quite thin hair too- which is why it takes such a deep part to get the thicker looking bangs. My ponytail measures 1.75". I don't know how much thin/thickness has to do with it overall?

I just wouldn't want to have almost half my hair taken up my the bangs (a deep part, as you called it), as I am kind of self-consious about my hair as it is.