PDA

View Full Version : Basic question re trimming

Kapri
November 5th, 2011, 02:41 AM
I have just read through some of the information on Emichiee's blog about hair trimming and tapering.

Brilliant info...but I'm not clear on one thing..

Emichee talks about the method of trimming 1/4 inch a month. Am I right in understanding that that is about trimming 1/4 inch from the hemline and then trimming split ends from new growth and top down growth too OR does that mean trimming 1/4 inch from the growing down layers every month too?

Many thanks!
Kapri

PeachyWavy
November 5th, 2011, 04:21 AM
I have just read through some of the information on Emichiee's blog about hair trimming and tapering.

Brilliant info...but I'm not clear on one thing..

Emichee talks about the method of trimming 1/4 inch a month. Am I right in understanding that that is about trimming 1/4 inch from the hemline and then trimming split ends from new growth and top down growth too OR does that mean trimming 1/4 inch from the growing down layers every month too?

Many thanks!
Kapri

Ooh, this one's difficult... I'm not too sure myself, but I'm interested to see what other people will come up with! -subscribed- :)

jojo
November 6th, 2011, 09:30 AM
I think she means cutting half her growth every month to get a blunt hemline. so if she grows 1/2" a month shes saves half her growth and trims the rest off. HTH