PDA

View Full Version : Aubreys Shampoo Ingredients

Natalia
November 5th, 2011, 02:03 AM
Hello all! Long time no post glad to be back :). Wasn't sure where to put this but i figured if in doubt here is good enough. I have a ridiculously rebellious and finicky body Aubreys JAY shampoo is the only thing ive been able to use for quite a while now and though i like it fine it would be nice to have some options especially cheaper ones. My issue is i cant remember the technical name for what they call "coconut-corn oil soap" so im having difficulty trying to find substitute shampoos. I know in the US they dont have to list the real names of each ingredient but they do overseas so i was hoping someone could help me out with the ingredient name.

I have tried one other aubreys shampoo the rose one, not HSR but the other one and it made me itchy and gunked up my hair a little so i went back to JAY. Im suspecting it was the "inactives" rather than the cleanser that gave me that result so if i knew the name i could try alternative brands for something i mike like better. If your familiar with the cleanser recommendations would be much appreciated :).

Thanks,
Natalia

Yosha
November 5th, 2011, 04:28 AM
You mean an alternative name? Like saponified coconut oil, or saponified cocos nucifera?

Kaijah
November 5th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Aubrey Dictionary (http://www.aubrey-organics.com/custom.aspx?id=60). :D

"COCONUT OIL-CORN OIL SOAP — Natural cleansing and foaming agent made from coconut/palm fatty alcohols and glucose obtained from corn. This mild, natural detergent has a similar composition to saponins (plant glycosides) obtained from soap bark (quillaya) and yucca root."

I'd look for cleansers based around decyl glucoside or lauryl glucoside. I've had good luck with California Baby Super Sensitive and Shea Moisture Moisture Retention. I'm not sure either of those are much cheaper than Aubrey's stuff, though...

Natalia
November 5th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Thank you both yes that was what i was looking for. I thought it was maybe a glucocide or something of the like but didnt know for sure. Thank you :)