PDA

View Full Version : Ouidad shine glaze serum

Loops
March 14th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Hi everybody -

has anyone tried this? I recently ordered this, and it claims to be water-soluble, although it contains cyclomethicone and dimethiconol. I asked the experts on the Ouidad board and they said it was water-soluble and wouldn't build up - I did say that I mostly just conditioner - very infrequent shampooer.

I have also ordered another serum which only has cyclomethicone and a lot of shea oil - basically because I need some sort of silicone on my ends or the tangling is ferocious and I end up with a lot of damage. I COed for a year without cones but the tangling and bed-head hair and crazy ends sticking out all over the place got me down as I could never wear my hair down. Oils never gave me slip just bad build-up (I have baby-fine slightly wavy hair). Serums give me very silky tangle free hair and no bed-head!

Anyway Ouidad claims that their silicone is silica from quartz so it is different in some way - thus I suppose making it water-soluble. Anyone got any experience or ideas about this?

Thanks

Loops

coasiwo
August 9th, 2019, 04:48 AM
Their products never worked for me no matter what!

coasiwo
August 9th, 2019, 04:54 AM
Hi everybody -

has anyone tried this? I recently ordered this, and it claims to be water-soluble, although it contains cyclomethicone and dimethiconol. I asked the experts on the Ouidad board and they said it was water-soluble and wouldn't build up - I did say that I mostly just conditioner - very infrequent shampooer.

I have also ordered another serum (https://thecopcart.com/) which only has cyclomethicone and a lot of shea oil - basically because I need some sort of silicone on my ends or the tangling is ferocious and I end up with a lot of damage. I COed for a year without cones but the tangling and bed-head hair and crazy ends sticking out all over the place got me down as I could never wear my hair down. Oils never gave me slip just bad build-up (I have baby-fine slightly wavy hair). Serums give me very silky tangle free hair and no bed-head!

Anyway Ouidad claims that their silicone is silica from quartz so it is different in some way - thus I suppose making it water-soluble. Anyone got any experience or ideas about this?

Thanks

Loops

Ops a thread from 2008 *** can't seem to find the option to delete my comment! Apologies xxx.

lapushka
August 9th, 2019, 08:19 AM
Don't worry about it, things like this happen! :flower: