PDA

View Full Version : Sofia Vergara Layered Style?

Kristin
November 4th, 2011, 09:17 PM
I've gotten to about two inches above BCL and I feel like this is more hair than I need or want. So...time for a cut. I'm thinking something like Sofia Vergara's, but maybe with a bit less layering. I'd also keep it around hip length. Would this work with my straight hair? I'm running every morning, so I still need a (basically) wash-and-go style.

Pics for reference:

http://www.stylebistro.com/lookbook/Sofia+Vergara/F_gQXagqUJO/Hair

http://hairstyles5.com/medium-hairstyles/sofia-vergara-hairstyles-2011.html

TIA!

And just for the heck of it...:cheese:

coffinhert
November 4th, 2011, 10:12 PM
It looks beautiful, but for the love of all that is holy, make sure you get a stylist who knows about long hair!!

misstwist
November 4th, 2011, 10:16 PM
I think it would look fantastic on you straight hair.

missdelarocha
November 4th, 2011, 10:19 PM
It looks like it would considering in both photos you can see it straight, looks like long layers with more around the face, but it would cut down on hemline opacity/thickness.

I think the hair on the top layer would fall out of a bun/ponytail without any extra support, not sure if that bothers you.

Otherwise, will be beautiful!!

julliams
November 5th, 2011, 05:32 AM
She is my hair inspiration too. I always watch Modern Family and find myself drawn to watching how she does her hair. The fact that she is beautiful and has a bod to match probably helps too...

Sunsailing
November 5th, 2011, 05:46 AM
In one of your album pictures, it looks like you had bangs in 2010. Have they grown out enough for this style you want?

Avital88
November 5th, 2011, 06:05 AM
its very handy style, i have it too :)) you can do a lot more with it than without layers good luck

Kristin
November 5th, 2011, 06:37 AM
coffinhert- I'll probably have my aunt (a stylist) do it. She's really the only other person I trust with my hair. She's been cutting it since I was 11 and will air on the conservative side so that I don't cry.

missdelarocha- I think I actually prefer the "undone" look, so I won't mind if it falls out a bit.

sunsailing- My bangs aren't totally grown out, but I think I want to keep them short enough for side bangs anyway.

Thanks, girls! I think I'll go for it!

Peggy E.
November 5th, 2011, 07:51 AM
It's a gorgeous look and you certainly have the hair to pull it off!

I've become so accustomed to having the hair off my face anymore, the layers falling all around would drive me nuts! They are so sexy and fun, though, I know I would have been tossing my head around back in the day! ;o)

Just realized every sentence ends with an exclamation mark....!!!!!

XcaliburGirl
November 5th, 2011, 08:16 AM
I love her hair too. It looks great wavy or straight. Short layers (too long to be bangs, per se) like hers might get a bit annoying, but they look long enough to pin back with bobby pins.

spidermom
November 5th, 2011, 09:50 AM
If you're ready for a change - why not?

Amber_Maiden
November 5th, 2011, 11:00 AM
I think that would look amazing on you! I think it would really work! :D