PDA

View Full Version : Started a new trend??

Kindredraeven
November 4th, 2011, 01:10 PM
:D Hello everyone.

I work at a coffee shop, and spend most of my time in the drive thru with my back to the customers inside the building. So this passed halloween I got a little creative. I found a hair pin that had a HUGE spider on it, made of beads at a dollar store :cheese: Wore that to work, everyone loved it. I could hear children behind me say things like " MOM look she has a spider in her hair, she is not afraid". And "Man that is cool look at her hair". I must say it made me smile. So I got looking online to see what else I could do, I found a clip that had eyes glued to it, so I made one, then another.
Mom's were the next to make comments, I heard... " watch out she is looking at you" and " see I told you Mom's have eyes in the back of their head" LOL. That was my favorite one. So for the month of October I wore all kinds of halloween stuff in my hair.

Now that its over, I went back to the usual pins and clips and scrunchies .This morning a regular customer come in ordered their drinks, and asked what I had in my hair today? I told them a scrunchie, they were sad, and said they really likes seeing the cool stuff I wear in my hair. So I promised that I would get all kinds done for the winter and the holidays ahead. :)

Thought I would share this with all of you.Just in case you need a smile !
Customer appreciation comes in many shapes, even spiders ;)

moon2dove
November 4th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Awww! I think thats brilliant, very inventive and of course, you made a lot of people smile. Good on ya :)

You certainly made me smile :) :)

Amber_Maiden
November 4th, 2011, 04:28 PM
That is so awesome!!!! :D

irishlady
November 4th, 2011, 04:33 PM
Aww that's lovely :)

FrozenBritannia
November 4th, 2011, 04:38 PM
That is totally awesome!! You'll have to do Santa's list, and candy canes, and mistletoe... :D

Kindredraeven
November 4th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Craft store shopping trip allready in the works for tomorrow :)
Thanks for the comments . More smiles is always a good thing!!!

allycat
November 4th, 2011, 04:46 PM
Love it! So nice to make others smile.

Slinks
November 4th, 2011, 04:59 PM
super cool !! maybe with the month of Dec coming up you can wear all the xamssy looking stuff ?? that would be awesome !!

Slinks
November 4th, 2011, 05:00 PM
That is totally awesome!! You'll have to do Santa's list, and candy canes, and mistletoe... :D
lol - didn't realise someone already mentioned this :-)

embee
November 4th, 2011, 05:31 PM
I would love to see a pic of the spider in your hair!!

invisiblebabe
November 4th, 2011, 05:40 PM
I second the pictures request! :) you should start an album of your creative hair accessories!

ETA: I notice you already did, how fun! Looking at it now :)

Kindredraeven
November 4th, 2011, 05:46 PM
I have a most of the pics in my photo album on my Profile page, should have mentioned that earlier, sorry ;)

FrozenBritannia
November 4th, 2011, 06:10 PM
lol - didn't realise someone already mentioned this :-)

Great minds..... ;)

einna
November 4th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Haha, very nice. Love the comments!

spidermom
November 4th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Sounds like fun; wish I could have seen.

Aqua Gal
November 4th, 2011, 06:40 PM
Great idea!!

Octave
November 5th, 2011, 02:46 AM
Oh you just have my tons of ideas for Christmas! What a lovely story. *goes off to have a look at your albums*

sally_neuf
November 5th, 2011, 03:12 AM
How nice !!! Having friendly costumers who appreciate what you do!! I'd have been smiling the whole Halloween!! I'm checking your pics right now!

gthlvrmx
November 9th, 2011, 06:36 PM
That is amazing!!! :D Id be so in the mood to see that each day!! :D
So much fun! :) It's great to see creative people, it brightens people days.

Metallia
November 9th, 2011, 08:08 PM
This morning a regular customer come in ordered their drinks, and asked what I had in my hair today? I told them a scrunchie, they were sad, and said they really likes seeing the cool stuff I wear in my hair. So I promised that I would get all kinds done for the winter and the holidays ahead. :)

Thought I would share this with all of you.Just in case you need a smile !
Customer appreciation comes in many shapes, even spiders ;)
That sounds like so much fun! Makes me want to get some seasonal things! Also, how awesome that you have regular customers who have gotten to know you. I try to do this at places I frequent. I feel like too often in the world we don't pay attention to all the people we see every day!

PixxieStix
November 9th, 2011, 08:18 PM
See, I just love that! And how sweet is it that someone let you know they noticed? I just adore people that I "people watch", just to see how they change things up sometimes, and it brings a smile to my face when there is something new or different. So yay for you and yay for your hair!

Mountaingrrl
November 9th, 2011, 08:50 PM
What a cool idea! I'm going to try to get more inventive with adornments now that my hair's getting long.

Lady Dragon
November 9th, 2011, 10:28 PM
That sounds like so much fun!