November 4th, 2011, 04:06 AM
What do we think?
Fact or fantastication?

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/how-to-make-hair-grow-faster.html

Arrow
>----->

jennescence
November 4th, 2011, 05:41 AM
Some of it seems like paid advertising. Some of it is true.

hanne jensen
November 4th, 2011, 05:56 AM
The products sound like a lot of hooey! The only thing that will probably happen is the companies get richer and the consumers poorer.

Amber_Maiden
November 4th, 2011, 06:13 AM
uhhhh... "want your locks to grow a few inches over night.." NOT POSSIBLE.... load of baloney. Lots of use this product/buy this product... :/

scotty810
November 4th, 2011, 07:29 AM
some of that stuff may help but it's hard to know, you'd have to be very specific about measuring your avg. hair growth length before taking it then for a few months after. hair growth isn't always a set rate per month either

you could spend alot of money to get the same rate of growth anyway.

I'm patient with my hair, i'd rather just let it grow at it's own chemically free pace.

I take some biotin about it.

Violettwin
November 4th, 2011, 08:05 AM
I think its a lot of advertising! with a couple of facts thrown in lol x

Madora
November 4th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Most of it is the usual spiel about how "XYZ"product is gonna make your hair healthier..or whatever.

The facts about diet and massage are beneficial...but some consumers don't want to take the long way round when it comes to hair care. They'd rather run to Boots and grab the stuff in the bottle.

oscarthehamster
November 4th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Just this: "you want to grow a few inches over night" threw me off.

jojo
November 4th, 2011, 08:49 AM
any moisturising conditioner will do and eating protein well yeah sure it helps! You don't need to spend mega bucks to achieve long healthy hair which is what this site is advocating!

Lucie159
November 4th, 2011, 09:18 AM
Not to be gross, but the "You can grow three inches overnight" sounds like a male enhancement advertisement.. hahahha

Quetiepi
November 4th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if it were true, though? I keep waiting for the magic weight loss pill. 10 doses and I'm Jennifer Anniston.

nellreno
November 4th, 2011, 10:09 AM
The few inches overnight bit makes the whole article useless in my opinion.

moon2dove
November 4th, 2011, 10:37 AM
What do we think?
Fact or fantastication?

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/how-to-make-hair-grow-faster.html

Arrow
>----->

I think a bit of fact as in diet and drinking water ect...:D

Also a bit of product advertising too :cheese: :pumpkin:

gretchen_hair
November 4th, 2011, 10:38 AM
I think you will get better advice at LHC! :inlove:

pepperminttea
November 4th, 2011, 10:44 AM
Anything with specific product recommendations like that, next to advertising blurbs and prices, brings up red flags for me. :bs:

When you've had little sleep and you're run down you will eventually notice your skin and hair becomes dry, dull and brittle.

This bit also intrigues me - how not getting enough sleep can make your hair dry and brittle? Skin I could understand, and I could see why it would hinder new growth and your scalp generally, but your length is still dead no matter how much sleep you get?

Modarunner
November 4th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Definitely sounds like one big, expensive advertisement with a little bit of info thrown in. Everyone wants the quick fixes. Total instant gratification. They don't have the patience to hear what it really takes to grow long hair and how long it actually does take.

HairFaerie
November 4th, 2011, 11:57 AM
:bs:

Wow! That was one of the worst, most vague articles I have ever read. And yeah....they lost me at "grow a few inches overnight." Please!

Curly Hermione
November 4th, 2011, 12:00 PM
This seems like stuff we all probably already know, plus advertising.

Elenna
November 4th, 2011, 12:07 PM
The advertisement disguised as an article has pseudo info, some ok info, and flowery language which is bit much. I mean, we all want long luscious flowing hair, but hair is hair. It's not going to grow any faster or better using some company's product.

heidi w.
November 4th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Most of it is the usual spiel about how "XYZ"product is gonna make your hair healthier..or whatever.

The facts about diet and massage are beneficial...but some consumers don't want to take the long way round when it comes to hair care. They'd rather run to Boots and grab the stuff in the bottle.

And put in extensions! LOL
heidi w.
ETA: Looks to me like someone looked around online for comments and ideas to put in the article, such as the diet, satin pillowcase (although they cited pillow). Nothing about proper detangling, however, which is a big part of long hair care and possibly one of the more instructive details.

GlennaGirl
November 4th, 2011, 02:19 PM
Not to be gross, but the "You can grow three inches overnight" sounds like a male enhancement advertisement.. hahahha

LOL!!! :cheese:

KwaveT
November 4th, 2011, 05:21 PM
You aren't going to grow hair that fast. Like others said this is nothing more than an article full of advertising with a grain of truth thrown in for good measure. The sad part is that many will go buy these products because of this article.