PDA

View Full Version : hair dries after showering

hellopanpan
November 3rd, 2011, 06:16 PM
Soooo, this might seek like a silly question, I'm not sure. But lately whenever I wash my hair, when I get out of the shower my hair doesn't feel wet. I mean of course its wet, but normally my hair is sopping wet. Lately though, it seems as if my hair is sticking together in sections. Almost like when you go to the pool, and you get out and your hair is a little dry but still wet. its like that. Does that make sense? And then ill put my hair in a towel and maybe 10 minutes later my roots and a little bit below are completely dry (normally they're not) also, the ends of my hair have been extremely dry and frizzy lately. Any ideas as to whats going on? Or maybe I'm just making a big deal out of nothing. I also haven't changed anything in my routine.

RedDevil
November 3rd, 2011, 06:30 PM
My hair has always done this. My ends especially dry way faster than than the rest of my head. I attribute this to damage that i caused from the blow dryer and flat iron. If you dont abuse your hair like i did, you may just have some build up.

amantha
November 3rd, 2011, 06:39 PM
Have you turned the heat on in your house recently?

mora
November 3rd, 2011, 06:56 PM
It sounds like it has something to do with porosity (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=30766) but that really shouldn't change if your routine's the same.

My drying time changes depending on what conditioning product I use or how much of it I use. Did you maybe change that after your tangling thread or healthy-hair-feels thread?

jaine
November 3rd, 2011, 06:58 PM
My hair feels like that after I use a protein conditioner ... it's a stiff and clumpy kind of wet. After a protein-free conditioner it's more of a loose, sloppy, wet kind of wet.
I think it's normal!

jesis
November 3rd, 2011, 07:01 PM
My hair used to do this when I straightened all of the time. Have you ever tried S&Ding? It will get rid of all of your damaged ends and make your hair all around healthier. It is time consuming, though.

It could also be from buildup. Have you tried clarifying? I use Neutrogena's clarifying shampoo, followed by a deep conditioner. Improves a lot of issues. My hair stylist also clarifies when I go in because I use a lot of products on my hair.

Hope you figure it out!

jesis
November 3rd, 2011, 07:04 PM
My hair feels like that after I use a protein conditioner ... it's a stiff and clumpy kind of wet. After a protein-free conditioner it's more of a loose, sloppy, wet kind of wet.
I think it's normal!

I agree, I think my hair does this when I use too much protein as well. It also tangles very easily and just in general looks unhealthy.

caiti42
November 3rd, 2011, 07:23 PM
Mine does that when it has oil build up

Amber_Maiden
November 3rd, 2011, 07:24 PM
Mine does that when I go swimming. I get "dreads".

Fairytale
November 3rd, 2011, 08:00 PM
I believe its a porosity issue also and nothing to be concerned about. your hair either is getting healthier so less water is being soaked up into the hair so its less poros meanning less damage or it can also be the use of too much oil build up and not letting the water absorb into the hair shaft.
remembering what I learned in cosmotology way back,when hair is DAMAGED its very poros so when coloring its always a good idea to use a porosity control filler to even out the color .so look at it maybe like a good thing (how does it feel after its dry does it look healthier?)hope it helps.:o

BlazingHeart
November 3rd, 2011, 10:34 PM
Sounds like buildup to me. Styling products, cones, and proteins would be my top guesses. A clarifying shampoo should take care of any of those. I would follow it with a moisture deep treatment like a SMT.

~Blaze

hellopanpan
November 3rd, 2011, 10:54 PM
Thank you so much everyone for your replies! I think it is a build up issue, so tomorow I'm going to clarify and then SMT :D

Have you turned the heat on in your house recently?
I live in Hawaii so we don't use a heater. My room has AC, and the weather has been pretty humid and rainy lately, or else it's smothering hot!

It sounds like it has something to do with porosity (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=30766) but that really shouldn't change if your routine's the same.

My drying time changes depending on what conditioning product I use or how much of it I use. Did you maybe change that after your tangling thread or healthy-hair-feels thread?
I changed conditioners, but after I made the switch I didn't notice anything different. My hair actually started feeling better. I did, however, start using Organix Morrocan Argon oil, which I think has a lot of cones.

I think it's normal!
That's exactly what I mean! After reading this, I realize my description wasn't that good haha.

amantha
November 3rd, 2011, 10:58 PM
I live in Hawaii so we don't use a heater. My room has AC, and the weather has been pretty humid and rainy lately, or else it's smothering hot!

Ah ok! I was just asking because I noticed my hair was drying faster when I finally turned the heat on. It makes the air in my apartment so dry. :(