PDA

View Full Version : updos for study and work!

Clem_Dela
November 3rd, 2011, 01:48 PM
Today, i put my hair up so that i could focus on my homework, and it suddenly occurred to me: "Am I the only one who needs their hair to be a certain way in order to focus?"

Thusly spawning this thread.

This is how I have my hair:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8854&pictureid=117892

cool and light and out of the way :D

how do you fix your hair when you're working or studying?

dRummie
November 3rd, 2011, 01:55 PM
Any way is fine by me as long as it's out of my face and doesn't need redoing often.

Shuan
November 3rd, 2011, 02:14 PM
I can't stand my hair dangling in front of me and it usually does since I tend to hunch a bit forward when I'm writing. I just put it in a ponytail or a bun.

Amber_Maiden
November 3rd, 2011, 02:15 PM
I've been that way my whole life! Even when I was a kid. I couldn't study without my bangs in my face either.

WaterMusic
November 3rd, 2011, 02:41 PM
It has to be out of my face, and high enough up on the back of my head that it doesn't hit whatever I'm sitting on when I lean back.

Study hair is a big deal for me. :P

Anje
November 3rd, 2011, 04:42 PM
I need to put it up. I'll fiddle with it or look for split ends instead of studying otherwise.

Madora
November 3rd, 2011, 04:47 PM
For years I alternated between my Heidi braids (as shown in my avatar) and 3 other braided styles.

Nowadays I usually lace braid around my head for comfort and protecting my ends.

owlathena
November 3rd, 2011, 08:06 PM
I have to have my hair up when I study otherwise I play with it nonstop. Look for splits, massage my head, etc. Very distracting!

unheardletters
November 3rd, 2011, 08:20 PM
I have to wear my hair up all the time, otherwise I play with it and end up on a split end search.

gretchen_hair
November 3rd, 2011, 08:34 PM
I have mine up in a bun with a bandanna scarf on while I'm working.

jojo
November 4th, 2011, 09:00 AM
I have a number 8 bun most of the time and 2 side braids when at home. I did used to keep it down at home but I end up obsessing!

moxamoll
November 4th, 2011, 09:15 AM
That's funny. I don't study very well unless it's down and I can fiddle with it. :)

Dutchesse
November 4th, 2011, 12:14 PM
I fiddle with my hair all the time while I should be studying. But even if I put it up, I end up undoing it and playing with the hair elastic and then redoing it again all the time. I drive myself totally crazy! Putting my hair in an antenna braid yesterday did really help, because it was nice and tight, but not too tight so it didn't bother me. Because the whole updo would be undone by pulling out the pencil I used for a hairstick, I didn't fiddle with it at all. I knew redoing it would be too hard without getting in front of the mirror. So I guess I'm going to use that hairstyle again on busy study days!

heidi w.
November 4th, 2011, 12:15 PM
To get anything done from cooking, mowing the lawn to office work, the hair must be up securely and out of the way. This length is relatively impossible to get a lot accomplished in as it's also dangerous in so many situations.

For example, cooking: if I turn the waft swishes up the flame on the stovetop and on hot oven doors get caught or singed (singe past tense, not vocally singing). Lawn mowers, to prime the pump, long hair of mine would drag on the ground, filing in the office: can get caught in cabinets and chairs and other people.

heidi w.

blondie9912
November 4th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Every day to school I wear mine in a high bun secured with a large clip and a fabric headband :D
Two thumbs up for benign neglect!