PDA

View Full Version : Brown bangs! (pic heavy)

Dutchesse
November 3rd, 2011, 10:57 AM
So I have wanted to dye my bangs for a few months now, and I finally got the courage and the money to do so! I am really pleased with the results: I still have my pretty blonde locks, but also the brown that I love! If I decide I don't like it anymore, it will be much easier to grow out as I will have to cut my bangs anyway. I'm sorry for the mask I put over the pictures, but I'm a bit hesitant to link my username with my face... I did leave out my eyes, so you can see how they pop out.
Here's before:
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8605/beforeuv.jpgAnd after:http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/992/after1v.jpg
So you can see the line between the brown and blonde:
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/2742/after2t.jpg
I'm so pleased with the result, and the hairdresser was really nice! I had a little trim and she really only cut off 3/4 inch. I had never dyed my hair before, but she helped me pick the right color and she did a really good job!:D

I do have a headache from the chemicals in the dye now, but I hope that will be over tomorrow...

Amber_Maiden
November 3rd, 2011, 11:15 AM
Really nice bangs! I'm glad you had a good experience with your hairdresser! :D

Creatureling
November 3rd, 2011, 12:04 PM
Oooh, I don't think I've ever seen anyone with bangs dyed a darker shade before. Very dramatic and lovely! :D

racrane
November 3rd, 2011, 12:54 PM
It looks very pretty! :)

moon2dove
November 3rd, 2011, 12:54 PM
The colour is nice and really suits you :)

It's good to hear when a hairdresser is helpful and actually listens and cuts off the amount you ask for :) ;)

Violettwin
November 3rd, 2011, 12:59 PM
Really nice, great shade of brown aswell :)

allmixedup88
November 3rd, 2011, 08:59 PM
i love it.

luthein
November 3rd, 2011, 09:02 PM
Really cool. I love it.

irisheyes
November 3rd, 2011, 09:05 PM
Very nice idea! Looks great! And if you want to grow the color out, it won't take years and years.

owlathena
November 3rd, 2011, 09:15 PM
This is an awesome idea! It looks great!

Demetrue
November 3rd, 2011, 10:51 PM
I love it! What a beautiful brown color!

lacefrost
November 4th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Wow! That's so unique! I would've never thought of that myself. It looks beautiful on you!

darklion
November 4th, 2011, 12:25 AM
That looks better than the description.
I didn't know what to think about the thread title!!!
but it looks fabulous!

hwiggins
November 4th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Your hair really suits you like that! :)

Eire
November 4th, 2011, 06:35 AM
That's a very original idea! The shade of brown you picked is really pretty.

bluegirl
November 4th, 2011, 06:48 AM
It does make your eyes pop! I'm a blonde and had my hair dyed a very dark cherry and had the same happy effect. Nice, isn't it? ;) Glad you love your new bang color.

Grillz
November 4th, 2011, 06:53 AM
That's a really cool look. I think the idea of it, in my head, sounds strange, but I really like the execution! The 2 colors looks so nice together. Very cool idea.

Fairytale
November 4th, 2011, 06:56 AM
The hairstylist really knew what she was doing that is a wonderful complimentary color with your blonde shade ! And not to mention your skin tone it looks great and your eyes realy do POP out!!!
If you ever get tired of the blonde you can always go for that beautiful shade of brown all over too !;) wow! Wonderful idea you had!:cool:

Dutchesse
November 4th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Thanks, you all, your compliments make me blush:oops:

Very nice idea! Looks great! And if you want to grow the color out, it won't take years and years.
That's exactly what I thought! Being able to change my bangs means I won't start considering chopping off my length. I am now finally nearly at the longest length I have ever had, so everything from now on will be the longest my hair has ever been. And I love it so much! So if I were to dye it and then regret, it would be really sad. My bangs won't take as long to grow out and that is one of the main reasons I did my hair this way. Now i won't get bored AND I will have long, pretty hair:eyebrows:

Everyone I told about my plan was very hesitant about it, because they couldn't see what image I had in my head. Even the hairdresser didn't really like the sound of the plan, but she was really nice about it and didn't really show it. When it was finished, she seemed pleased with the result as well! I think she really did a very good job with helping me pick the right color, I was really scared it would turn out looking very unnatural (as far as having 2 different colours in your hair can be natural...), but my hair doesn't look too chemical. It also doesn't make me pale, which I feared too.

My little brother's reaction was really priceless. He had told me in advance that he wasn't going to like it and that he would disown me if I would do it (jokingly, ofcourse). When he came in and saw my hair, he turned around and said "You dyed your hair?! I'm going to lock myself into the closet..." and stayed there for a few minutes, but then I guess he got bored. Then he walked up to me and told me dying my hair wasn't going to count, that I was still a stupid blonde (dom blondje, how do you translate?) and that this was a form of "artificial intelligence":laugh: I laughed so hard!

UP Lisa
November 4th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Neat idea. Really cute.

Slinks
November 4th, 2011, 03:40 PM
it does look good :-) I'm glad you left your eyes out because the brown does show your eyes ..

coffinhert
November 4th, 2011, 10:21 PM
She only cut off 3/4 inch?? 0_0 radical yo.

missdelarocha
November 5th, 2011, 06:15 AM
It looks lovely! Much more natural than anticipated, looks like your hair is ombre from the front view :).

(dom blondje, how do you translate?)

Lol! That would be 'dumb blonde'.

CrashDiet
November 5th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Looks awesome! :D

Rocket22
November 5th, 2011, 01:32 PM
I really like the shade of brown you picked. It's very rich looking and seems to have it's own highlights.

Dutchesse
November 5th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Lol! That would be 'dumb blonde'.
Sometimes the translation is so simple when you hear it...:p

I really like the shade of brown you picked. It's very rich looking and seems to have it's own highlights.
Yes, I think it's the highlights from my own color shining through or something... Whatever it is, I like it!

jacqueline101
November 5th, 2011, 03:27 PM
I did something similar except mine were blonde. It was bleached blonde and my natural color in the back. When you dye the bangs blonde and the rest is dark its called a skunk stripe. I liked mine.

missdelarocha
November 6th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Sometimes the translation is so simple when you hear it...:p

Hahaha, exactly what I was thinking :D.

supercupcakexx
November 6th, 2011, 08:22 PM
This is so cute! :D

Rockmoss
November 8th, 2011, 08:44 PM
It looks surprisingly natural. Interesting without being obnoxious haha. Looks fabulous!

jujube
November 8th, 2011, 08:54 PM
I like how it's different without being over the top.