PDA

View Full Version : Detangling spray?

Lilli
November 3rd, 2011, 07:16 AM
My hair is very fine and is very hard to detangle at the roots, mainly because I do not want to use conditioner there b/c it will flatten it. I can comb it easily if I use a coney shampoo and conditioner, but I don't like to do that all the time. Does anyone have a non-coney detangling spray they like to use, that wouldn't flatten my fine hair?

Amber_Maiden
November 3rd, 2011, 08:18 AM
I have an organic detangling spray that' cone free by Druid... I bet you could find it on the net. Not sure if Mane and Tail is cone free, but i've had a good experience with that as well.

Lilli
November 3rd, 2011, 09:54 AM
I have an organic detangling spray that' cone free by Druid... I bet you could find it on the net. Not sure if Mane and Tail is cone free, but i've had a good experience with that as well.

Thank you. And WTH is up with your location??? :eyebrows:

Maktub
November 3rd, 2011, 10:10 AM
I use a small spray bottle and mix a little water and 1 drop of natural coneless conditonner. Mix real well and spray on wet / damp hair. I only make the quantity I need at one time.

Another thing that works well for me is water and a couple drops of apple cider vinegar. Mix and spray.

Maktub
November 3rd, 2011, 10:11 AM
Do you detangle from the bottom up with a wide tooth comb ?

Lilli
November 3rd, 2011, 11:27 AM
Yes, I do it that way.

UP Lisa
November 3rd, 2011, 01:48 PM
My hair is baby-fine, and I actually have better luck detangling from the top down.

Kenra makes a detangling spray for fine hair that I really like.

Ann Marie
November 3rd, 2011, 02:07 PM
http://www.amazon.com/California-Baby-Hair-Detangler-8-5/dp/B003BI00ZS

I love this...I add a little essential oil (it is scented with this ) but I like a bit more. The scent is mild....and I love it!

This is good for detaining...makes hair shiny like a ACV rinse.
No cones or build up....

My hair is a tangled mess before I use this BTW...
Comb slips through easily....

I think it has a bit of citric acid....which give it it's "slip"

Lilli
November 4th, 2011, 08:02 AM

I love this...I add a little essential oil (it is scented with this ) but I like a bit more. The scent is mild....and I love it!

No cones or build up....

Thanks! I will look for it. No/light smell is important for me.

Zesty
November 4th, 2011, 10:47 AM
<snip> Not sure if Mane and Tail is cone free, but i've had a good experience with that as well.
Just popping in to say that most Mane n Tail leave-in products are full of cones. Like, dimethicone-as-second-ingredient full. So that might not be your best bet.

Also, Amber Maiden, I love your hair. I've been admiring it from afar until now. :)

Amber_Maiden
November 4th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Thank you. And WTH is up with your location??? :eyebrows:

I wish it were "UP"... if you catch my drift... hehehe:p

Amber_Maiden
November 4th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Just popping in to say that most Mane n Tail leave-in products are full of cones. Like, dimethicone-as-second-ingredient full. So that might not be your best bet.

Also, Amber Maiden, I love your hair. I've been admiring it from afar until now. :)

Thanks for informing me about the cones!

Thank you for the compliment! Means a lot to me! :D

Lilli
November 4th, 2011, 11:03 AM
I wish it were "UP"... if you catch my drift... hehehe:p

I do get it now!

MychelleC
November 4th, 2011, 11:05 AM

No cones or build up....

Nitpicking, but citric acid is included to adjust the PH of the product downwards. It doesn't contribute to the detangling or slip of products. This product is mostly water and coconut and jojoba oils, with the extracts and citric included at less than 1%, most likely at 0.25-0.5%. It seems to be a mild product that might be just what you are looking for. :)

Lilli
November 4th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Nitpicking, but citric acid is included to adjust the PH of the product downwards. It doesn't contribute to the detangling or slip of products. This product is mostly water and coconut and jojoba oils, with the extracts and citric included at less than 1%, most likely at 0.25-0.5%. It seems to be a mild product that might be just what you are looking for. :)

Ah, but some people love acidic rinses because of the slip they give. My hair would be a tangled mess if I used a poo bar, but add some lemon juice rinse, and tangle-free!

jojo
November 4th, 2011, 04:15 PM
I use Avon's kid detangler on my fine hair but its coney; most are I think!

FrozenBritannia
November 4th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Not sure if anyone has already said this, but I use roobios tea.. I keep it in an old spray bottle. I started using it to try the roobios experiment and see if it would make my hair grow faster, but I've kept using it because it is actually (at least on me) an effective detangler. It makes my hair feel soft too :D

jojo
November 4th, 2011, 08:48 PM
^^ of course rooibo, ive actually a long thread about this on here!

*Rose Red*
November 6th, 2011, 02:46 AM
I use the shine and detangler spray from Aubrey Organics, and I love it!

Eternal.Fiend
November 6th, 2011, 07:35 AM
I'm currently using the Naked for Kid's Untangle me Spray and I'm liking it so far :)
Reading the back, it has no sulphates, parabens, petrochemicals or silicones.

Well, it smells AMAZING :D It's called "orange lollies" which is cute :) Like the way it makes my hair feel, and really does help with knots. (I recently back combed my hair to death (I know it's bad) for halloween and this realy helped in the combing out process before I washed it).

Oh, and for me at least, I haven't noticed it making my hair any flatter then combing does in the first place... but I don't often wear my hair down so I don't really worry :)