PDA

View Full Version : Braids make hair less greasy.

Orangerthanred
November 3rd, 2011, 06:17 AM
Has anyone noticed it?

I braid my hair before I go to sleep every night, and when I wake up it's always less greasy.

bluegirl
November 3rd, 2011, 06:36 AM
I'm not sure if you mean less greasy than when you went to sleep, or that it's less greasy than usual over a period of days.

If it's the latter, I totally agree. I've found that's the case also. Although in my own case, I've been unsure it it's that or just that I've been caring for my hair differently since stumbling on LHC.

Amber_Maiden
November 3rd, 2011, 06:40 AM
I also find buns help make hair less greasy.

DancingQueen
November 3rd, 2011, 07:01 AM
I have a theory... When you put your hair up, it tangle less, and therefore, you don't have to comb or brush as much. As a result, the natural oils don't get distributed as much?

Vanilla
November 3rd, 2011, 08:48 AM
I defintely agree with you. I can go another full day before washing then if I sleep with my hair loose.

pepperminttea
November 3rd, 2011, 09:38 AM
I have a theory... When you put your hair up, it tangle less, and therefore, you don't have to comb or brush as much. As a result, the natural oils don't get distributed as much?

Ditto. The less I mess with my hair, the less oily it gets.

spike316
November 3rd, 2011, 09:42 AM
I think it could be because it doesn't have as much contact with your face while you're sleeping (i have relatively oily skin) but I agree!

Alaia
November 3rd, 2011, 10:36 AM
I think it could be because it doesn't have as much contact with your face while you're sleeping (i have relatively oily skin) but I agree!

Face and neck, too.

I think less handling has an effect too :D

Either way, it works.

Mirsha
November 3rd, 2011, 10:38 AM
They just seem to make my hair look extremely dry.. I try not to braid for that reason, lol.

CorinaS
November 5th, 2011, 04:56 AM
I've noticed that the more oils and lotions I use on my face, the more greasy my hair is. I have a nasty scar on my forehead and the creams I use make my fringe look very greasy and ugly, but there's nothing I can do about it :(.