PDA

View Full Version : Good Hair Salon Experience???

Libbylou
November 3rd, 2011, 04:26 AM
Couple of days ago I used my Caruso hair setter and was not quit happy with the way my stupid layers were behaving badly. So I whined about it to DH, his remark was "you should perm it like you used too." I just said "AH, NO". We were running errands that day and I needed a bang trim so we stopped at the walk in salon that I usually go to. I got a stylist that I had never seen there before, she was a little older than most of the newbies. I told her just a bang trim and that I had my ends trimmed last time. The first swipe of the comb in my hair and she proclaimed I had the healthiest hair she had seen in a long time. I told her what DH had said earlier and she told me to never perm my hair, it was way too pretty for that. Of course that made my day.
When we were finished she asked if I needed any product. I didn't have the heart to tell her that the reason my hair is so healthy is because I stopped using those kind of products 8 months ago. I just gave her a 50% tip and went on my way.:cheer:

Amber_Maiden
November 3rd, 2011, 06:47 AM
A good experience!

I need one of those...! :)

bettylibertine
November 4th, 2011, 01:45 AM
Lovely to hear a good experience! :D

Gilly
November 4th, 2011, 04:06 AM
Well, I went to my new hairdresser today, I like her!! She had a nice long chat with me first so she knew what I wanted to achieve long term with my hair and what my habits were like. she checked it out and found so many odd bits that were not cut right, she said that basically most of the people in places like Just Cuts don't understand how to cut curly hair like mine, she told me not to worry and that she could fix it. She was very thorough and was checking everything all the time, I have lost a few inches of length at the back but the idea is to grow it longer with a good basic shape and get the layers trimmed up each time but just the bare minimum so the length can grow. I was very pleased and have booked to go back just before christmas!!:cheese:

Gilly
November 5th, 2011, 12:13 AM
I have just posted a picture in my albums if anyone wants to see what I'm starting with (again) I plan on taking one each month to see the progress.:cheese:

I can't figure out how to turn the picture so that it is the right way up!!!
Any ideas?????

PeachyWavy
November 5th, 2011, 04:17 AM
Couple of days ago I used my Caruso hair setter and was not quit happy with the way my stupid layers were behaving badly. So I whined about it to DH, his remark was "you should perm it like you used too." I just said "AH, NO". We were running errands that day and I needed a bang trim so we stopped at the walk in salon that I usually go to. I got a stylist that I had never seen there before, she was a little older than most of the newbies. I told her just a bang trim and that I had my ends trimmed last time. The first swipe of the comb in my hair and she proclaimed I had the healthiest hair she had seen in a long time. I told her what DH had said earlier and she told me to never perm my hair, it was way too pretty for that. Of course that made my day.
When we were finished she asked if I needed any product. I didn't have the heart to tell her that the reason my hair is so healthy is because I stopped using those kind of products 8 months ago. I just gave her a 50% tip and went on my way.:cheer:

That's fantastic! My hairstylist is great, but she doesn't do the personal comments thing. Then again, my hair isn't healthy enough for her to notice yet! But in any case, congratulations! :D

hototogisu
November 5th, 2011, 04:18 AM
That's wonderful! It's so difficult to find a hairdresser who really respects long hair. My deal with my hairdresser is he'll do the 'boring' cut so long as he can try new things with the blow out - I always walk out with insane, gorgeous magazine hair and the cut I want. I'm very okay with that!

Gilly
December 10th, 2011, 09:27 PM
I am due to go back and see my new hairdresser on the 23rd, I really am looking forward to it, I can honestly say that since she cut it last time I have actually LOVED my hair rather than been cursing it everyday because it has the horrible step that won't play ball, I have suffered with that damn thing for several years:rolleyes:
She totally gets that I want to grow it and has promised to just take the minimum she can off each time or "it just won't gain any length", I thought that I would have to lose a fair bit of length to get back to a good basic shape but this woman is a genius!
I seriously want to hug this woman:cheese:
I am going to get her a little something for christmas.

spidermom
December 10th, 2011, 10:08 PM
I think that you can have healthy hair while using salon products. Your wallet might not be so healthy, though.

Gilly
December 22nd, 2011, 10:40 PM
Well I went to the hairdresser this morning, she said that my hair was in amazing condition for hair that is so fine!
She remembered that I am trying to grow it and literally just dusted over all of my hair, she was taking such a small amount off each time that the breeze running through the salon was blowing the tiny ends of hair up in the air!! I had no curls laying on the gown, it was all just tiny bits, I am beyond happy at that!!
I am so happy that I have found her!

piffyanne
December 22nd, 2011, 11:51 PM
:cheer:My best salon experience was when I was in 6th grade--my hair was straggly for some reason (I didn't do anything WRONG with it, or different than I did AFTER I got the trim, and I still don't know what was up with it) and my dad took me into the nicest salon in town for an expensive haircut (it was a treat from a father desperate for me to look my best before the potential teenage full-teasing could set in from my peers). My family all refers to it as the Landmark haircut, and it was memorable, indeed.
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/404340_10150428924582282_632327281_8863395_6883494 04_n.jpg:magic:
No pulling when I brushed, my split ends were alll gone, and the frizz on top of my head virtually disappeared for a long time.
The gorgeousness lasted for about a year after the cut (it kept looking blow-dried done, whether I air-dryed or not.:confused:), which makes little to no sense, either. In the end, my hair is a scary place filled with confusing contradictions, but I love it for that! :heartbeat
We went back for another miracle cut from the same woman, but the magic didn't repeat. :confused:

The hairstylist my family currently frequents took one look at my crop of hair when I went in and got a really nervous look on her face. In broken English (they're Greek immigrants), she BEGGED me not to "cut all your beautiful hair off." :D I only went in for a trim, so that concern didn't concern her long. I haven't been back recently, because I went a year sans trims, and now am having my dad dust my ends (the 1/4 of a centimeter kind, FYI), but I still think about what she said and smile a huuuge smile. :cool:

Lilli
December 23rd, 2011, 05:54 AM
I have just posted a picture in my albums if anyone wants to see what I'm starting with (again) I plan on taking one each month to see the progress.:cheese:

I can't figure out how to turn the picture so that it is the right way up!!!
Any ideas?????

If the size of the photo is near the forum size limit (600 pixels), it will reorient it. I don't know why. Anyway, I just make it smaller and it will reorient.

Lilli
December 23rd, 2011, 05:58 AM
My stylist always does a good job. He is very conservative and always listens and suggested years ago that I grow it out. He also won't put any product on it (just makes my hair flat and sticky) or blow it dry if I don't want it.

His boss, on the other hand, is a nightmare - does whatever he wants, usually way shorter than you want. It always is a technically good cut that lasts a long time, but you have to be okay with getting a different cut than you asked for. :taz: