PDA

View Full Version : S & D

Brenda714
November 2nd, 2011, 10:22 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but what does S & D mean? And does it help with breakage? Thanks all! :)

Amarante
November 2nd, 2011, 10:27 PM
I believe it stands for 'Search & Destroy', and it means finding and trimming split ends/damage/knots/white dots.

ElusiveMuse
November 2nd, 2011, 10:27 PM
It stands for "search and destroy." It's basically going through your hair's individual strands and snipping off damaged or split ends. Best to use sharp haircutting scissors you keep only for that purpose. It does help with breakage because it prevents damaged ends from traveling up the shaft and breaking off.

laura85
November 3rd, 2011, 12:40 AM
I didn't know either, thanks for asking!

julliams
November 3rd, 2011, 04:15 AM
Just be careful though - when I started S & D I only had a handful of splits. Once I started the splits got worse and worse. I had brand new scissors that were designed for cutting hair so I'm not thinking it was the scissors. It could have also simply been that as my hair grew, the ends were longer and older and more prone to splitting.

But in any case, I started S & D and ended up with more splits - many more splits.

Amber_Maiden
November 3rd, 2011, 06:44 AM
Just be careful though - when I started S & D I only had a handful of splits. Once I started the splits got worse and worse. I had brand new scissors that were designed for cutting hair so I'm not thinking it was the scissors. It could have also simply been that as my hair grew, the ends were longer and older and more prone to splitting.

But in any case, I started S & D and ended up with more splits - many more splits.

Same here....:(

QMacrocarpa
November 3rd, 2011, 03:13 PM
I just self-trim occasionally as needed. If I started S&D-ing, I'd get too obsessive about it.