PDA

View Full Version : Hairmotivation

Chamy
November 2nd, 2011, 09:37 PM
Is there a thread like this anywhere, i did'nt find it. If someone knows about such a thread please let me know.

When i reached waist i sort of lost the motivation to keep growing my hair. I still want it long, but im a bit tired of the journey. Anyone else feel the same? If so, we should help eachother making it fun again. :cheese:
What do you think?:)

julliams
November 2nd, 2011, 09:39 PM
Yep I'm hearing you. After 2 years of thinking about growing, I'm a little over it myself too - lol. Have you tried the Waist to Hip thread or are you maintaining at waist? I think there is a maintaining thread somewhere. Finding tutorials on updos like those of Torrin Paige (search Youtube) are really great for re-discovering your hair and what you can do with it.

Chamy
November 2nd, 2011, 09:47 PM
Yep I'm hearing you. After 2 years of thinking about growing, I'm a little over it myself too - lol. Have you tried the Waist to Hip thread or are you maintaining at waist? I think there is a maintaining thread somewhere. Finding tutorials on updos like those of Torrin Paige (search Youtube) are really great for re-discovering your hair and what you can do with it.

I know! It's like it has become too much. I should look into the waist to hip thread, i just checked in there, and never really followed up. Torrin Paige is really great, i love her tutorials. Good tips, thank you! So are you still a bit tired of it, or did you get out of your hair-rut? :D

HintOfMint
November 2nd, 2011, 10:30 PM
One thing that helps me stay motivated to keep growing my hair and not chop it off on a whim is to do something that is embarrassingly narcissistic.
1. Go to the mirror
2. Grab a comb or brush
3. Comb or brush hair
4. Admire
5. Fantasize
6. Repeat steps 3 to 5
It always works for me because I get to admire the length I have so far, and I get to imagine how it would look once it gets to the length I want. It's silly, I know, but it works for me.

candycandace
November 2nd, 2011, 10:34 PM
What motivates me is seeing other girls in person with naturally long, gorgeous hair. Sure, I get jealous but then I think to myself "I can have hair like that too...in a couple years." I have noticed a lot of hair growth lately though. My hair used to my about an inch below my shoulders, and since I found this site with the help of a friend, my hair is now about an inch and a half below my collar bone. :)

KateMcC
November 2nd, 2011, 10:38 PM
I know what you mean. I've been a member here for many years, but I seem to be active in waves. I'll be obsessive (as I am now) for awhile, and then I'll get on with life and practice benign neglect for awhile. I'm still motivated to grow my hair to classic length, but I just can't keep up the attention/focus that long.

I agree that looking at new hairstyles and YouTube instructions is very helpful, and it's nice to have people at LHC know what I'm dealing with. So is that truly a lack of motivation or a symptom of ADD?

julliams
November 2nd, 2011, 11:50 PM
I know! It's like it has become too much. I should look into the waist to hip thread, i just checked in there, and never really followed up. Torrin Paige is really great, i love her tutorials. Good tips, thank you! So are you still a bit tired of it, or did you get out of your hair-rut? :D

I get bored very easily (eg change my hair products before I need to etc) so I'm pretty amazed that I stuck with growing for 2 years. I think what started me growing was that I realised my hair looked the same for a period of about 6 years - I kept going in for the same haircut and wondering why I always looked the same. Truth is, that cut (face framing layers) does suit me very well so I think I will go for that look with a bit of soft layering around the back.

But I'm determined to get to hip first which I think I will get to by early 2012. I am a bit bored now so that's why I am experimenting with updos to make life a little more interesting hairwise. What keeps me going is that I like to curl my hair once in a while and with hip length hair, it still looks long to me when it's curled as opposed to BSL which springs up to shoulders and makes me want to cry - lol.

Avital88
November 3rd, 2011, 03:00 PM
The best motivation is given to me from pictures or girls IRL with longer and/or better quality hair than me..This keeps me motivated.. but for example today i saw a girl with gorgeous hiplenght hair and blunt ends, when i saw her ends it almost made me want to cut my hair too because i want a thick hemline so bad.you just need to think about your goals and about when u want to have it, like me i want to have classic before summer..so no cutting will occur

Amber_Maiden
November 3rd, 2011, 03:10 PM
There's a thread on here somewhere with pics of long hair (both guys and girls)... I tried looking it up, but can't find it... Can anyone find the thread I'm talking about? It's title is along the lines of hair inspiration...

I also think HintOfMint's suggestion is pretty good. Fantasizing is key.

torrilin
November 3rd, 2011, 04:12 PM
Whenever I lose my motivation, I go look at Spidermom's pics. Especially ones with Buster. Pretty hair, pretty snake. Never fails to remind me that I want hair down to my butt.

spidermom
November 3rd, 2011, 04:28 PM
Thanks! I'll have to tell Buster.