PDA

View Full Version : Heat caps

Amber_Maiden
November 2nd, 2011, 06:40 PM
Heat caps- does anyone here use them?
The plug in electrical kind I'm talking about...
What brand/company makes yours?
Do you see a difference between not using one and using one?
Was it worth the money?
How long have you been using it?
how often do you use it?

I'm considering getting one...

owlathena
November 2nd, 2011, 06:50 PM
I curious about these too!

Buggheart
November 2nd, 2011, 08:46 PM
I have one. It's very old and was my aunt's from like the 1970s. I use it when I do deep conditioning or when I henna in the winter. I keep my house quite cold in winter and worry about the henna getting too cold so I use it for that.

Animae
November 2nd, 2011, 09:39 PM
I have this one (http://www.sallybeauty.com/heat-cap/SBS-255503,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair09), I really really like it. I use it when I henna and deep condition.

Shermie Girl
November 2nd, 2011, 10:00 PM
I have this one (http://www.sallybeauty.com/heat-cap/SBS-255503,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair09), I really really like it. I use it when I henna and deep condition.

That is the one I have, also. I use it for deep conditioning, especially in the Winter. :D

Cassie 123
November 2nd, 2011, 10:23 PM
I have the Mastex plug-in heating cap (http://www.amazon.com/Mastex-kk0010-Thermal-Heat-Cap/dp/B000HTNBB4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320293733&sr=8-1). It definitely makes conditioner work better, no doubt about it. I use it every time I wash (CO), which is once a week. I use it for 15-20 minutes. If I could buy a better version, I would; I really don't like how this one has a big cold spot at the base of my skull where the cord joins the cap. But other than that it works fine.

Gilly
November 3rd, 2011, 03:43 AM
I have a Wondercap!!!:cheese::cheese::cheese:
I love it!!

Beaglebuddy
November 3rd, 2011, 08:43 AM
I have the same one as Animae, and I also have had the Mastex one. I have had three and I love them. I do think they make oil treatments and conditioning absorb more but even if they didn't, I love the feel of the heat on my head. (Not burning, just warm)

Amber_Maiden
November 3rd, 2011, 11:19 AM
You've all convinced me. I want one now... :)

Amber_Maiden
November 3rd, 2011, 12:11 PM
I got one!
http://www.fabove.ca/Thermal-Spa-Heat-Cap.html

JDzWife
November 3rd, 2011, 12:53 PM
Please keep us posted Amber, I'm curious to know what you think. I was just on another thread about the WonderCap.. but apparently it's not for sale yet in the US.

Amber_Maiden
November 3rd, 2011, 01:05 PM
Please keep us posted Amber, I'm curious to know what you think. I was just on another thread about the WonderCap.. but apparently it's not for sale yet in the US.

I was looking at the wondercap as well, but we can't get it in Canada either. Also seems kind of overpriced, if you compare it to a $40 heat cap that does the same thing...:p

Cassie 123
November 3rd, 2011, 01:20 PM
I was looking at the wondercap as well, but we can't get it in Canada either. Also seems kind of overpriced, if you compare it to a $40 heat cap that does the same thing...:p

As I understand it, the problem with the currently available microwaveable caps is that the bags of gel inside are very easily destroyed by heating just a few seconds too long. If Wondercap has solved this problem, it might be worth the money. Time will tell.

Amber_Maiden
November 3rd, 2011, 01:23 PM
As I understand it, the problem with the currently available microwaveable caps is that the bags of gel inside are very easily destroyed by heating just a few seconds too long. If Wondercap has solved this problem, it might be worth the money. Time will tell.

hmmmm... True... I don't have a microwave so that's why I was looking at the caps that plug in...:p

dulce
November 3rd, 2011, 02:11 PM
My cheap version of a heat cap is to wash my hair,rinse then apply conditioner and put on a plastic shower cap,the finish the rest of my HOT shower still wearing the cap, etc[ every am] It works really well.

Aqua Gal
November 3rd, 2011, 06:15 PM
You're going to love it. The heat makes such a difference!

Slinks
November 3rd, 2011, 06:52 PM
lol .. that was quick :-)

Slinks
November 3rd, 2011, 06:55 PM
My cheap version of a heat cap is to wash my hair,rinse then apply conditioner and put on a plastic shower cap,the finish the rest of my HOT shower still wearing the cap, etc[ every am] It works really well.

Must try this !! I never even thought of that !! .. I just had a really crazy vision, put the condish/treatment on, then the shower cap and heat up a wheat bag in the mircowave and put that on top :-) lol .. too funny - :rolleyes:

Amber_Maiden
November 3rd, 2011, 07:16 PM
lol .. that was quick :-)

yep... couldn't help myself! :p

DTsgirl
November 3rd, 2011, 08:31 PM
Sally Beauty carries a $10 thingy that is intended to use to make your normal hair dryer into a bonnet hair dryer that I use. It looks like a dryer vent tube attached to a bag. You slip the hose end over your dryer nozzle and put the hood on and then turn on your hair dryer. i usually put whatever hair gak I am using on my hair, swirl it on top of my head and then put a shower cap over that to keep moisture in, and then out the bonnet over that. It works GREAT and was cheap, since I already had the hair dryer.

jojo
November 4th, 2011, 09:03 AM
I have this one http://www.loveafrocosmetics.com/aphrodite-hair-conditioning-cap-557-p.asp and really love it. My hair feels so much better after a DC treatment. I may just do one today! hope you love yours as much.