PDA

View Full Version : the LHC discovery!

bna_rapunzel
November 2nd, 2011, 06:39 PM
Just for fun...
How did you discover the LHC?
If you lurked before you joined, how long did you lurk?
What made you join?

I googled "long hair styles" (or something along those lines) because I felt like I was the only one in the world with long hair and wanted to learn some new stuff, and the first link that popped up was the LHC!
I lurked for less than a week, soaking in all the info I could, skeptical of the crazies putting all kinds of oils and food in their hair... I went home, bought some coconut oil, and realized... I might just be one of those crazies! O_o
I joined for the reason above, these ladies and gents have made this community an awesome place to be. I have tb length healthy locks on the way to wherever it wants to grow! :)

Your turn!

Amber_Maiden
November 2nd, 2011, 06:42 PM
How did you discover the LHC? hmmm... I think i was googling about henna.
If you lurked before you joined, how long did you lurk? about three years :o
What made you join? the people were sooo nice... I wanted to be friends with these people! :)

spidermom
November 2nd, 2011, 06:54 PM
I googled "pictures of long hair" in 2006. My hair was between APL and BSL at the time, and I was planning to grow it out to classic length, although I didn't know the name for that length at the time, but I had a mental picture.

I didn't lurk. I signed up immediately and have been here ever since.

thunderlilies
November 2nd, 2011, 06:56 PM
If I remember correctly it was to find wedding hair styles. I still mostly lurk ;-)

SoulOfTheSea
November 2nd, 2011, 07:01 PM
I was looking for tips on how to take care of long hair, because I had almost hip-length hair but it was super damaged last year. I decided to chop my hair and start fresh, using LHC methods and I lurked for like half a year. Then I joined this summer because I finally felt I had reached a good point to do so. :)

KwaveT
November 2nd, 2011, 07:02 PM
I think I was googling about long hair care when I found this link. I read the forums for about a week or two before I decided to join. I spent some time reading the articles as well as the forum at the beginning.

RedDevil
November 2nd, 2011, 07:10 PM
I wanted (and still want) WL hair so I googled how to grow long hair. I lurked for maybe a week I think. At first some of the techniques seemed strange to me but once I saw the photos of everyones beautiful hair, I thought these people get results!

Creatureling
November 2nd, 2011, 07:26 PM
I was looking at fat acceptance blogs and came across someone who was doing the no-poo thing. They linked to TLHC.

I think I lurked for about a week before joining. I learned more about hair in that week than I learned in 20 years of living!

CaityBear
November 2nd, 2011, 08:24 PM
Man I don't even remember for sure. I was looking up something about long hair and growth or something. I don't remember how long I lurked for though.

darklyndsea
November 2nd, 2011, 08:31 PM
I was googling for hairstyles for long, thick hair, because I didn't want to get back to classic and still only be able to do ponytails, english braids, and cinnabuns.

As for why I joined: pictures! I couldn't see most of them, so of course I was forced to join and start posting.

Hotrox
November 2nd, 2011, 08:42 PM
I googled how to grow long hair quick and ended up on the Monistat thread!

I then lurked for a long time, until in fact Ultrablle posted pictures of her heading eating sock buns and everyone was going crazy over them! I 'had' to see the pictures so I signed up, posted like a crazy person until I could see her picitures - it didn't disappoint :D

Amarante
November 2nd, 2011, 08:43 PM
How did you discover the LHC? I was googling for long hair care tips, and it conveniently sent me here!

If you lurked before you joined, how long did you lurk? A month or so. Even now I lurk a lot more than I post. >.>

What made you join? I was so happy to find other people interested in growing/maintaining truly long hair. Where I live there aren't many long hairs besides the Pentecostal ladies, so I was extremely excited to join you guys. :D

Latte Lady
November 2nd, 2011, 08:46 PM
I found LHC several year back looking for new hairstyles. I had a lot of fun reading the site but it never really dawned on me to join. This site features in a great many of my conversations with family and one day my Mother asked me how long I had been a member. After I told her that I wasn't I thought about it.
What could it hurt? I've been lurking for a while so I knew that this was a fairly nice and polite site. Odd for a community so large. Folks seemed to even go out of their way to look out for each other. I was having fun and I wasn't a member so how much more fun could I have by joining? The next time I had a full evening free I hitched up and haven't looked back.

Cassie 123
November 2nd, 2011, 09:12 PM
I was looking for safer, more natural beauty products. I started with Skin Deep (http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/) and No More Dirty Looks (http://nomoredirtylooks.com/), which left me with lots of specific hair-care questions to google, and every time, the most in-depth answers were found on this one crazy hair-care forum. :D I lurked for a few months before I just had to see the pictures, so I started posting.

I'm still a little mystified when I think about the idea of myself posting on a site wholly devoted to hair. I don't have particularly long hair. Before I found LHC, I never even wanted longer hair; I always kept it trimmed between APL and BSL. So how did LHC manage to grab me and pull me in, convince me to ditch shampoo and buy drawerfuls of hairtoys, and make me covet knee-length tresses? :shrug: I have no idea.

beckishness
November 2nd, 2011, 09:16 PM
Let's see...how did I discover the LHC? I googled oily hair remedies and this was the first site that popped up!

I have to admit, I did lurk around here for awhile before I joined. I would have to say maybe a month or so?

What made me join? I wanted to be apart of all the fun!

HumanBean
November 2nd, 2011, 09:16 PM
I was googling for tips on growing out my son's hair as he has said he wants to shoulder length (still above his ears). Found the site. Started reading. Wondered why I've never gone past APL and how much fun it would be to do updos. Lurked about a month.

Amiblue
November 2nd, 2011, 09:30 PM
I googled long hair styles (for the weddings I have to go to next year actually) and here I am. I lurked for awhile and then wanted to join in. You guys are awesome! I want to learn and be apart of you all. I also feel so much better finding natural ways of doing things. I would be very happy living off the land and not having to deal with any of this other stuff and this kinda gives me that feeling - in a little way that is. :) Plus, the smileys are sooo cool here.

Lightningfury
November 2nd, 2011, 09:33 PM
I'd randomly google "Long Hair" and finally stumbled upon this. I didn't lurk for very long. I wanted to read more.

racrane
November 2nd, 2011, 09:48 PM
I lurked for maybe one day and decided to join. I was looking up long hair pictures because I had a dream the night before of me with long hair again. I missed it so much I decided that day to grow it long - the healthy way this time. LHC popped up. I've been here since. :)

Shermie Girl
November 2nd, 2011, 09:58 PM
I was goofing around on another message board and in a discussion thread a member there linked to a thread here. I clicked the link, read the thread, got interested and started clicking around and reading and reading and reading. I never did get back to that other board, that day. :lol: I lurked and read here for a couple of weeks before I joined up. :D

Yoanna
November 2nd, 2011, 11:03 PM
I wanted to grow my hair long, so after obsessively googling day and night for great routines and drooling over indian hair sites I found LHC to be the best forum to learn how to achieve my desired locks. I lurked for weeks or month I'm noy sure.

ibleedlipstick
November 2nd, 2011, 11:11 PM
I was losing hair, and I researched protective styles or something like that. I didn't lurk at all because I wanted to be involved in the conversations, and lurking always makes me feel uncomfortable. I hate eavesdropping in real life, and I feel like lurking is the internet version of the creepy person listening in just outside the door.

KateMcC
November 2nd, 2011, 11:12 PM
How did you discover the LHC?
When I first started growing out my hair I googled how to care for long hair and found Bill Mahavier's website. He had a George Michael's salon in the Dallas area where I live. I was despirate to have someone tell me how to do this as I had never had long hair, and I didn't have any friends or family members with long hair either. He was amazing, and he recommended I check out the LHC. Unfortunately Bill no longer cuts hair, but I'm still here.

If you lurked before you joined, how long did you lurk?
I might have lurked a few weeks. I don't think it was that long, but I don't really remember.

What made you join?
It was a small, intimate, helpful group (not even a thousand members yet), and I felt like I clicked with some of the other members. I liked being able to ask all the "dumb" questions, and getting a lot of help from people who actually cared and didn't think I was crazy.

honeydippedxo
November 2nd, 2011, 11:15 PM
I first found this site 5 years ago hours after a bad hair cut. I had TBL hair and asked for a trim and the dude cut my hair up to nearly BSL! I had a panic attack and ran into the car crying (16 at the time). My mom paid the a-hole. I cried to my boyfriend, he was sad too. I got online and found this site. I couldn't join because I didn't have a paid e-mail address so I lurked for a week or two and forgot about it.

I grew my hair out to TBL and kept it that way until I was 19 and wanted to try new looks.

Well I'm 21 now and found out I like MY OLD hair best. My hair was WL but layered and I hated the layers so I tried growing it out but I kept cutting my hair because I hated the layers so much. I knew I would get tired of chopping all my progress away anyways so in Aug. I did something I never in my wildest nightmares thought I would do. I chopped my crappy layered WL hair to my chin and started fresh. A couple weeks ago I complained to myself...I wish I was in a hair growing club or something and I remembered this site! So here I am.

I lurked for umm 10 minutes and joined. I was so happy I could finally join the site.

ebba
November 2nd, 2011, 11:29 PM
I heard people talking about it on another forum and joined immediately

MonaLisa
November 3rd, 2011, 02:07 AM
I was searching for stuff that could stop my shedding, also researching causes of it..last winter..then i kept 'finding' this place...and got hooked..
I lurked for let's say 2 months...I had the urge to join, but I was never a member of any forum before so it was all quite new.
And also I've been so shy and well ashamed of my hair obsession :D
Never talked about it so much IRL, so this was such a great discovery.

I still 'lurk'/read more than i speak here...and I enjoy getting to 'know' people here.
Very interesting group :)

isabelx
November 3rd, 2011, 02:12 AM
I discovered it by googling 'does hair stop growing at a certain point' :laugh: I was amazed to discover women here with hair longer than I've ever seen!

I lurked for quite a while, maybe 2 weeks, I'd never been a member of a forum before.

I joined because it seemed like such a lovely place, the people were genuine and happy to help. And because I wanted to grow my hair of course!

Yay LHC! :cheese:

infinity_girl
November 3rd, 2011, 02:30 AM
I don't remember exactly but I suspect I was looking up MSM and faster growth and came across lots of threads from the LHC and the LHCF, both of which are my go-to hair sites now. Growing your hair is addictive!

MyKing'sQueen
November 3rd, 2011, 02:33 AM
I discovered LHC after I did a gelatin hair mask and it turned my hair turned into dry, tangly mess, and I googled something about that. That's when I found out about protein/moisture balance and it got me very interested. People on here seemed very smart and willing to help, I loved how well everything was explained so I joined immediately. I lurked for a while before posting though because I'm pretty shy:o

DancingQueen
November 3rd, 2011, 02:36 AM
I discovered it because someone mentioned it in a youtube video. For several months, I didn't really think about it, I didn't even check it out, but then I randomly thought about it, and made a profile. I don't think I was lurking for more than ten minutes. I joined because there seems to e a lot of interesting information, maybe mostly because the thread about castor oil. :)

Libbylou
November 3rd, 2011, 03:43 AM
In January I decided to limit my use of chemicals in my life. I had a few silvers in my hair and I googled natural ways to cover the grey and henna and indigo threads popped up from this forum.
I had no intention of growing my short layered hair until visiting here. Then I remembered how much I enjoyed my hip length hair when I was in high school and decided to grow in March.
I lurked until August because I wanted to ask questions and see all of your beautiful hair pics.

bluegirl
November 3rd, 2011, 07:00 AM
I found it while looking for a new hair claw. My horizontal one broke, and I love that thing. Spent a while looking online for a new one and stumbled onto LHC. Boy, am I glad I did. I lurked for a few weeks before joining and posting.

Metallia
November 3rd, 2011, 07:30 AM
I think I was googling hair styles, and stumbled into a thread here. I lurked for a while, joined, continued to lurk, and then started actively posting because there were all these pictures I couldn't see! :p Plus there's so much to read, but asking questions and responding really adds to what I've been learning.