PDA

View Full Version : A little help question

Tawnylioness
November 2nd, 2011, 06:28 PM
my current routine if you will please bear with me is i wash my hair on saturdays and wensdays, on sat i smt, the night before washes i oil my hair with coconut oil, braid it, bun it and sleep in it. i cwc with coney shampoo and condish ( i use pantine aqua light and elvive re moisturising - love them! ) when i come out i let my hair dry a bit and then oil with coconut oil again....when my hair dries it it lovley smooth as silk, shiny and basicly the hair i have always wanted.

The next day my hair is all flyaway and not as nice as washing day. any ideas how i can keep my look longer?

Also since joining this thread i have started to comb my hair in the shower whith condish, it makes my hair wonderful but is it normal to clog up the drain with hair everytime?

just before i joined this site i coloured my hair with permament box colour which i now really regret, and so now my hair snaps at the slightest thing, tempting to shave it and start all over but i have just gotten my hair to the longest it has been in my life and i dont want to part with it so am trying to conditioner it like mad :P

Any help would be wonderful :)

Tawnylioness
November 2nd, 2011, 06:32 PM
I forgot to add, that i let my hair airdry with only finger combing and brush with a 1/2 bbb 1/2 plastic brush the next day when i wake up and take my hair out of its night time bun...if that makes a difference :P

Amber_Maiden
November 2nd, 2011, 06:36 PM
It sounds like your hair really like moisture. Have you tried a leave-in conditioning spray? I use an organic one and it seems to help my hair and tame fly aways...

Btw, you definitely do not have to shave your head. Your hair just needs some care, that's all :)

Kelikea
November 2nd, 2011, 06:36 PM
I know that, for me, combing in the shower leads to a lot of breakage and shedding. It is much better if left until dry to comb. Not sure about the flyaways, maybe use a light gel like aloe to style second day? Maybe it is cone overload? Other people on the sight know more about getting rid of color if you are really unhappy with the box color. I don't think you will need to shave! Search for a way to get the color out and then maybe one extra smt?

Madora
November 2nd, 2011, 07:39 PM
Try brushing your hair well before starting to shampoo..and be sure that the hair is detangled after brushing and BEFORE you hit the shower. By brushing it well first you are getting rid of hairs that may be ready to fall out. Of course there is bound to be be fallen out hair during the shampooing/conditioning process, but your drain will not be clogged with a lot of shed hair. If you don't have one already, a drain strainer is a great way to keep those shed hairs from clogging up your drain.

Roscata
November 2nd, 2011, 08:14 PM
For the drain you can get a Drain Protector (http://www.amazon.com/Slip-X-Solutions-Stop-A-Clog-Drain-Protectors/dp/B00314YBPM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320286190&sr=8-1).

Concerning the fly always like others have suggested you can try a leave in, either conditioner or oil (Kimberlily's defrizz spray (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=277)). I also recommend looking into a satin pillow case or satin sleep cap to prevent them. Aloe Vera get is also a good choice to tame them. Hope that helps! :D

CurlyZ
November 3rd, 2011, 07:10 AM
The last couple days I've had great results with using aloe gel mixed with a little jojoba oil.
I just rub a little in my palms and smooth my frizzies. Works great!