PDA

View Full Version : Tangle Teezer in Canada?

Amber_Maiden
November 2nd, 2011, 09:54 AM
I've been googling it, and I can't seem to find anywhere in Canada to buy it from... I really don't want to buy from the states and ship here because I have no idea if duties will tax me on it or let it slip by.... Any of you fellow Canadian LHCers know where I can get my hands on one online/or off line? Would Walmart have it? :(

Amber_Maiden
November 2nd, 2011, 10:43 AM
Anyone at all?

moxamoll
November 2nd, 2011, 10:44 AM
Sorry, I've been looking too and no luck. I might stop into Chatters this weekend and see if they have them/can get them. I will let you know if I find anything!

Chromis
November 2nd, 2011, 10:44 AM
It has not even been an hour since your last post. Give people time to respond!

(I am watching to see since I too would like to try one.)

Amber_Maiden
November 2nd, 2011, 10:49 AM
It has not even been an hour since your last post. Give people time to respond!

(I am watching to see since I too would like to try one.)

I'm a bit impatient... I've been looking for one for the last 4 hours online... Feeling a bit down that I can't find one on my own... agh....:p:(

teal
November 2nd, 2011, 11:24 AM
I haven't seen them, and I've been looking. Sally Beauty doesn't have them in Canada. I don't know if they'll ship from the States. I think it might be a licensing thing. eBay, maybe.

Are you close to the border? If you are, there are usually parcel places just across the line that will allow you to ship to them. Edit: I mean receive on your behalf from companies that won't ship to Canada. I've done that for a few things before.

newbeginning
November 2nd, 2011, 03:44 PM
I've bought 2 in different locations of Sally Beauty Supply. I just went to the website and got the locations from there then called to make sure they had the tangle teezers in stock.

Geekergal
November 2nd, 2011, 04:15 PM
Hi I'm new to the site, been lurking for a bit(I'll make an intro post later). My husband is currently working in Fredericton NB and he got me a tangle teezer at sallys for $15 after tax. I know they are popping up at more and more sallys. The one I got is the original black one, I don't know if they have other colors there yet . I hope they get the travel ones in soon because already I'm loving my TT and I want one for my purse :)

Amber_Maiden
November 2nd, 2011, 04:22 PM
Thank you! I'll check it out... never heard of that store before. I wonder if they have them in Quebec?

moxamoll
November 2nd, 2011, 04:31 PM
Thank you! I'll check it out... never heard of that store before. I wonder if they have them in Quebec?
I went to the Sally's site to see if I could find Canadian locations. It says you can put in Canadian cities, but it didn't seem to matter which province I picked, it didn't find any stores. :mad: Let me know if you get it to work, please!

EDIT: I had a brainwave and just google mapped Sally Beauty Supply. There is one here, so I called and they do carry them - $13! Woohoo!

Amber_Maiden
November 2nd, 2011, 04:34 PM
None in mtl.... :(

McFearless
November 2nd, 2011, 06:10 PM
I've seen them in Sally's in Toronto.

dulce
November 3rd, 2011, 02:15 PM
L found a 'knock off "version of it,pink colour with a long handle called the "tangle tamer" at a Cargo SX store in british Columbia.

ebba
November 3rd, 2011, 02:55 PM
i got mine from ebay and it was fine, i think it was about $15

Jean Stuart
November 3rd, 2011, 03:15 PM
How close too the border are you? maybe you can slip over or meet someone half way. They are on amazon. idk if Amazon charges extra to ship to Canada.

andrea1982
November 3rd, 2011, 03:20 PM
I bought mine right off of the UK tangle teezer website, I think it cost around $20.00 total with the shipping. I've never been dinged on duty with anything I've ever ordered (knock on wood). I always try and keep international orders under $50.00 though.

Amber_Maiden
November 3rd, 2011, 03:25 PM
moxamoll lives in Canada and where she lives there is a Sally's. She's offered to send me one the next time she goes there. :)

julliams
November 3rd, 2011, 03:29 PM
Canada is a bit like Australia in that you can't find alot locally in stores (hubby is Canadian as well as some of my family so I have been visiting since I was 6 years old). It can be very frustrating especially since the US is so close yet shipping is ridiculously expensive.

I bought my tangle teaser from the UK for a very reasonable price. You'll have to google since I don't have the seller bookmarked but I do remember that I could buy it on ebay from the UK as well. In fact that might be how I did it????

In any case, it won't take long (about 2 weeks) so it's only patience you will lose.

Anje
November 3rd, 2011, 04:37 PM
Maybe it's a stupid question, but do you get dinged for duties if you buy from within the Empire? I'm just wondering if it would be more effective to ship it from the UK than from the US.

Amber_Maiden
November 3rd, 2011, 07:18 PM
Maybe it's a stupid question, but do you get dinged for duties if you buy from within the Empire? I'm just wondering if it would be more effective to ship it from the UK than from the US.

Yep. Still get dinged for duties if I buy from the UK, or that's been my experience :( Wish the Empire were nicer....

moxamoll
November 4th, 2011, 08:33 AM
I find that it's totally random whether or not AND how much I get charged for tax and duties, regardless of whether it comes from the US, Europe or Australia.

Hmm... DBF is friends with the shipping guy at the university, maybe he has "the rules" and can make me a copy? Either that or I'm right and it's just random according to whose hands it goes through at the border and whether they've had a good day or not. :p

Amber_Maiden
November 4th, 2011, 09:01 AM
I find that it's totally random whether or not AND how much I get charged for tax and duties, regardless of whether it comes from the US, Europe or Australia.

Hmm... DBF is friends with the shipping guy at the university, maybe he has "the rules" and can make me a copy? Either that or I'm right and it's just random according to whose hands it goes through at the border and whether they've had a good day or not. :p

haha! Let me know if you can get a copy on "the rules". It seems pretty random to me as well... :mad:

moxamoll
November 11th, 2011, 11:20 AM
So here is the Government of Canada web page about importing things and what is charged: http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/postal-postale/duty-droits-eng.html#c1

The sentence which seems to be the problem is this one "You may have to pay duty..." (bolding mine) So, as far as I can tell, if you have something shipped in that cost over $20, they will charge you GST or HST + 8.50 handling charge...

If they feel like it? If your package happens to be randomly picked out of the pile of incoming? If the voodoo chicken lands on it?

Who knows? :cheese:

Amber_Maiden
November 11th, 2011, 12:30 PM
So here is the Government of Canada web page about importing things and what is charged: http://cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/postal-postale/duty-droits-eng.html#c1

The sentence which seems to be the problem is this one "You may have to pay duty..." (bolding mine) So, as far as I can tell, if you have something shipped in that cost over $20, they will charge you GST or HST + 8.50 handling charge...

If they feel like it? If your package happens to be randomly picked out of the pile of incoming? If the voodoo chicken lands on it?

Who knows? :cheese:

I think they pick it based on how rich they think you might be... LOL. Randomly...

teal
November 11th, 2011, 04:00 PM
I think they pick it based on how rich they think you might be... LOL. Randomly...

If that's the case then they sure were dicks for charging $90 of duty on a computer from a friend in the states after my house burned down. I had literally nothing but the clothes on my back, sleeping on my friends' couch, and they expect me to find $90 from somewhere? Yeah, I'm going to forego eating for the next two weeks so I can have a computer... not. (My friend - who was pissed, because he'd tried to prepay all charges - paid when he found out what happened.)

Amber_Maiden
November 11th, 2011, 05:40 PM
If that's the case then they sure were dicks for charging $90 of duty on a computer from a friend in the states after my house burned down. I had literally nothing but the clothes on my back, sleeping on my friends' couch, and they expect me to find $90 from somewhere? Yeah, I'm going to forego eating for the next two weeks so I can have a computer... not. (My friend - who was pissed, because he'd tried to prepay all charges - paid when he found out what happened.)

I feel you. It's was no fun last week when I got charged for a baby book- a bloody abby book that cost $30, and they charge me $30 duties??? :mad: Just because it says its a baby book, and you assume because I'm getting a baby book I must be having a baby- does not make me rich. Not by a long shot.

mora
November 11th, 2011, 05:47 PM

I feel you. It's was no fun last week when I got charged for a baby book- a bloody abby book that cost $30, and they charge me $30 duties??? :mad: Just because it says its a baby book, and you assume because I'm getting a baby book I must be having a baby- does not make me rich. Not by a long shot.

:shocked:That's really exorbitant! I had no idea duties could be so high.

Amber_Maiden
November 11th, 2011, 05:49 PM
:shocked:That's really exorbitant! I had no idea duties could be so high.

Yep... and this summer I ordered vitamins in bulk from the states, $100 worth, and they charged me $150. I really didn't want to pay it, but couldn't get the vitamins in Canada anywhere.

teal
November 11th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Yep... and this summer I ordered vitamins in bulk from the states, $100 worth, and they charged me $150. I really didn't want to pay it, but couldn't get the vitamins in Canada anywhere.

Free trade, my a**. LOL.

moxamoll
November 11th, 2011, 08:12 PM

Yeesh! I have some connections in the vitamin and herbs line. No guarantees, but I might be able to get things more reasonably for you. Of course, I thought that about the brush too! LOL

Amber_Maiden
November 17th, 2011, 06:37 AM
Just wanted to update everyone! Got my Tangle Teezer from moxamoll in the mail yesterday! It kind of reminded me of a horse comb... lol And because mine is Pink it reminds me of a My Little Pony comb...hehe.. All it needs is a butterfly sticker or rainbow... haha.

Anyways, used it last night- and OMG. Wow. I don't think my hair has ever looked so good. And no comb has ever just 'glided' through it... It's AMAZING! I've cut my hair combing time from 45min-1hr to about 10min-5min! :D I am SOOOOOO HAPPY!!

Jessikinz
November 18th, 2011, 08:35 PM
I have got to get my hands on one!

*Seraphina*
November 19th, 2011, 02:08 PM
I'm glad you like it that much Amber Maiden!

moxamoll
November 21st, 2011, 09:14 AM
Glad I could help!

excitedmom
August 11th, 2015, 12:23 PM
I think I should also try for it . I have a Sally's nearby. My kids could really use one especially my son. He is only 8 but has thigh length hair...will definitely check it out....

Mainesongbird
August 11th, 2015, 05:09 PM
I get mine in New Brunswick in a Sally's in Edmunston.

teal
August 11th, 2015, 11:46 PM
Oh wow, this thread came back from the dead! For a moment I didn't recognize my own posts - haha! :p But yeah, four years on and paying duty still sucks. :lol:

I never have seen a Tangle Teezer sold locally, though I did end up getting a few after all: I had them sent to me, one from the swap board and two more from a friend in England. I must say, they make detangling a breeze!

luvlonghair75
August 12th, 2015, 07:48 AM
I bought mine out of Target (when it was temporarily here) but I have seen them in Superstore and in Walmart. Pricey, yes, but I like mine!

luvlonghair75
August 12th, 2015, 07:50 AM
Oh wow, this thread came back from the dead! For a moment I didn't recognize my own posts - haha! :p But yeah, four years on and paying duty still sucks. :lol:

I never have seen a Tangle Teezer sold locally, though I did end up getting a few after all: I had them sent to me, one from the swap board and two more from a friend in England. I must say, they make detangling a breeze!

Oh! LOL! I didn't even think to check how old the thread was!! :D

luvlonghair75
August 12th, 2015, 07:55 AM
Double post!

excitedmom
August 12th, 2015, 04:36 PM
I bought mine out of Target (when it was temporarily here) but I have seen them in Superstore and in Walmart. Pricey, yes, but I like mine!
I am in B.C. if Wal-Mart and superstore carry them here also that would be fantastic! !!!! I will check this weekend. .

teal
August 12th, 2015, 05:08 PM
I am in B.C. if Wal-Mart and superstore carry them here also that would be fantastic! !!!! I will check this weekend. .

I am also in BC - if you find them, let me know! I'd like to buy a couple for friends and family if there's no exorbitant shipping/duty costs.

excitedmom
August 12th, 2015, 08:36 PM
I am also in BC - if you find them, let me know! I'd like to buy a couple for friends and family if there's no exorbitant shipping/duty costs.

Sure I will . Hey !!!! I just noticed your location and I am also close by !!!!

excitedmom
August 12th, 2015, 11:08 PM
:yumm:

Sure I will . Hey !!!! I just noticed your location and I am also close by !!!!