PDA

View Full Version : Do you use a wash-out with your leave-in?

Annibelle
November 2nd, 2011, 07:53 AM
Do those of you who use a leave-in conditioner also use a wash-out conditioner beforehand? I've been doing both when I use a spray leave-in, but I plan on buying a creamy leave-in tomorrow and I'm wondering if I should use a wash-out first. The bottle says shampoo and then put the leave-in in, but I'm wondering if it would leave me too try... or if the leave-in with a wash-out will leave me too oily... or clumpy or something. :)

starlamelissa
November 2nd, 2011, 07:59 AM
I use a rinse out to detangle in the shower, them rinse super good, and apply Paul Mitchell the conditioner leave in on towel dried hair.

oktobergoud
November 2nd, 2011, 08:04 AM
I use a conditioner in the shower and then use a leave-in for the parts of hair that still feel dry :) When my hair feels good, I don't use a leave-in. I do always use a conditioner in the shower though..

isabelx
November 2nd, 2011, 08:36 AM
I use a cone-free conditioner in the shower and wash it out, sometimes I only wash around 80% out though as it makes it feel good :) I sometimes then use a coney leave in if my hair's feeling extra dry, but it builds up easily making them even more dry so I don't use it that often.

DreamDance
November 2nd, 2011, 09:12 AM
The ends of my hair are really dry (chemical damage). I use a conditioner in the shower, usually a generic of Biolage's conditioning balm, and then rinse it really well. Then I use a small amount of the same conditioner as a leave-in afterwards.

thankyousir74
November 2nd, 2011, 09:48 AM
I accidentally voted no because I didn't understand the question :( But yes, I do use wash out condis with my cream leave-in occasionally. It depends on my mood, my routine fluctuates, but I always always use a wash out condi, it's one of the fixed things in my routine haha...

MychelleC
November 2nd, 2011, 10:43 AM
I use a creamy rinse-out conditioner in the shower and follow with a very light leave-in spray after. This helps me detangle and keep frizz at bay.

kidari
November 2nd, 2011, 09:42 PM
Only if my ends looks like they need it I use the tiniest dab of She Moisture curl smoothie on the ends. I use a leave in spray conditioner most days because I normally wash only with shampoo.

Carolyn
November 2nd, 2011, 09:49 PM
There isn't a leave in in the world that would detangle my hair like a rinse out conditioner and leave it moisturized enough. A leave in boosts what I get from a rinse out conditioner. I couldn't even begin to get a comb through my hair if I only applied a leave in conditioner.

Ishje
November 3rd, 2011, 05:22 AM
I alway's use a conditoner and a leave in, usually oil or nightblooming's pancea.
sometimes when my hair feels more dry than usual I also add an pre wash hair mask :)

my hair needs load of moisture, apparently XD

09robiha
November 3rd, 2011, 07:00 PM
mine are actually the same thing!
i detangle with my rinse out then pop my head back in the shower for a few seconds to distribute/rinse of excess and then use as a leave in.