PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Curl Pattern Lossening and Length

cheetahfast
November 2nd, 2011, 05:36 AM
Right now my hair is at apl dry. My siggy picture below is with wet hair. My hair is A LOT shorter once it dries. To me it seems that as my hair gets longer my curls do not get looser. A few years ago I had curly bsl hair that was very close to waist when I straighten it.

My curl pattern is different from how it used to be. My curls are much looser now, I don't know if this is from the 2 keratin treatments I did or henna. I think one of my photo albums has a picture of my old hair it was very blonde and very tight curls. I've had a lot of new growth since my last keratin treatment (Jan '11) so I'm thinking my texture might have changed.

I was wondering if any of you curlies have had your curls loosen as you gained length and at what length it became noticeable. I love my curls, but it drives me crazy that my hair growth isn't very noticeable because of it.

ETA: Can you please post below which answer you choose and how thick/heavy your hair is. Mine is very fine and thin so I'm thinking those with thicker hair might have looser curls from them being weighed down.

julliams
November 2nd, 2011, 05:54 AM
My curl pattern has not loosened but it has actually become more defined as it has gotten longer. I think my curls look their best at about mid-back length (about 2 inches or so above waist). I've just posted a thread that shows how it has progressed over a 2 year period if you want to check it out...http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=81238

ylime
November 2nd, 2011, 06:10 AM
My curl pattern has not loosened but it has actually become more defined as it has gotten longer. I think my curls look their best at about mid-back length (about 2 inches or so above waist). I've just posted a thread that shows how it has progressed over a 2 year period if you want to check it out...http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=81238
I've found I'm the same! when I had a bob it looked like an Afro but now they're clearer and spiral all the way down :D

cheetahfast
November 2nd, 2011, 06:17 AM

Beautiful!!! I like how they've changed over time/length. That was very helpful to see for me!

CurlyCap
November 2nd, 2011, 07:32 AM
My curl pattern stays the same whether it's short or long. The only thing that changes is that when it's BSL+, I can damp bun it, preserving "curliness" but relaxing some of my natural curl.

Amber_Maiden
November 2nd, 2011, 10:06 AM
I'd say it's gotten wavier/curlier than before. When it was shorter than BSL you couldn't see it at all. Now that it's getting longer it's becoming more visible and apparent.

missmagoo
November 2nd, 2011, 10:17 AM
I voted BSL, but my experience has been similar to the other posters. The curl pattern has changed though. The ends are much more consistently ringlets, and the top is straighter than when it's short. When my hair is shorter, it's less curly at the ends, but curlier overall (if that makes sense).
I am growing another couple of inches down to waist, but I am really liking the length it is right now (a couple of inches longer than in my sig. pic), and will likely cut back to this length once I reach waist.