PDA

View Full Version : Dying hair back to natural?

Cesania
November 1st, 2011, 10:01 PM
I hope I put this in the right thread :confused:

When my hair was really short it was bleached over dyed brown hair. Then I dyed it brown again. I want to get my hair to dark ash blonde, its natural color. I was thinking I should probably go to a salon? Also I figure there will be a bit of damage so should I prepare ahead of time and look for a specific product? My friend just went from black to bright red with a dye called Chi(?)at a salon and it appears for the most part undamaged. So should I get that? :o

Also I haven't had my hair ash blonde in so long. My mom used to bleach my hair when she did hers when I was little P:.

Diamond.Eyes
November 1st, 2011, 10:11 PM
If I were you, I would most definitely go to a salon to get the color you want. Maybe bring a picture of what you want to show the hair dresser. As far as products to look for after you dye it, I would try to find, or make, a conditioning treatment that won't alter your new hair color in any way. I would look for some virgin coconut oil.

Ishje
November 2nd, 2011, 12:52 AM
I agree, go to a salon.

it is very difficult to get the same shade, maybe even impossible.
let your hair grow out an inch, so they can see the original color well, that will make it a bit more easy.

my hair was black and I wanted to go to my original color too, it automatically became red blondish after bleaching, it was very damaging though.
it helps to oil a bit more often before and right after the treatment.
not sure if you would have to bleach, but oiling more often will be good anyway if it is just dye.

Rosetta
November 2nd, 2011, 01:37 AM
Hi Cesania, like others have said, the salon might be the best option for that, but I just wanted to add something I recently saw someone say in a thread (and now I of course can't find where :p) - that when people dye their hair back to their natural shade, they usually don't like it very much as chemical dye is so flat, unlike natural hair which has lots of variation, and this is especially true for dark ash blonde! So in the best case it'll be somewhere close to your natural shade, but even then it won't be quite the same as your virgin hair will be :) I just think it's good to keep this in mind, so as not to end up disappointed with the dye result.

Also, here are some threads you might find interesting: :)

Giving up the dye/bleach and growing out natural:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=51155

Blonette pride:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=51155

Amber_Maiden
November 2nd, 2011, 10:03 AM
I'm dying over some old henna with a chemical free dye called Palette by Nature. It's supposed to not hurt hair as much as a chemical dye. Also very easy to use, I hear. It's made out of plant dye.

jojo
November 2nd, 2011, 04:13 PM
If I was you id wait say 3 months and get some roots showing, then go to a salon and ask for the rest of your hair to be dyed to match the roots. Hair colour changes a lot as we get older, so to go back to what you "think" your hair colour is may cause further frustrations later on.