PDA

View Full Version : My one year anniversary!

jujube
November 1st, 2011, 09:20 PM
Finally. After one year of LHC haircare, my hair has grown from a pixie to almost shoulder. I'm not at solid shoulder yet, but will definitely be by Christmas.

My little story, for those who don't know me: I shaved my hair in 2009 when my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. No, I didn't donate it to Locks of Love, it was just a symbolic gesture to show my solidarity. I kept my hair very short for a while, and then experimented with a few pixie styles, until I decided to grow my hair out. I discovered the LHC and found a whole new way of caring for my hair. But it hasn't been easy. Growing out a pixie comes with a lot of akward stages! The mullet, the shag, the bangs in the eyes, the soccer-mom, the flips, etc.

Well, I can safely say I made it through the hardest part! My hair is brushing shoulder and in relatively good condition, I can now focus more on health than length. One big change I'm having to make these days is trying to work with my natural texture instead of against it - growing out wavy short hair comes with a lot of "hiding" and "taming" the hair.

So thank you, LHC, for having taught me and inspired me. A special thanks also goes to my beloved Super-Shorties who've been very supportive. So, picture time!

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x357/gldtgtu/FB.jpg

~BoHemiAngel~
November 1st, 2011, 09:23 PM
Wow, your hair is beautiful!!! Congrats on reaching 1 year!! :D

RedheadMistress
November 1st, 2011, 09:40 PM
- Wow your hair is gorgeous and healthy !
It's beautiful how you shaved your hair in solidarity . .

SoulOfTheSea
November 1st, 2011, 09:43 PM
I agree with my hair twin, lovely hair and great growth! :) Congrats! :flower:

Lisa R
November 2nd, 2011, 12:23 AM
Congratulations! Your hair is looking gorgeous. Nice and shiny too. I love the waves:) How is your mum going?

pepperminttea
November 2nd, 2011, 12:39 AM
So much growth! And what a lovely reason to shave your head, too.

Ishje
November 2nd, 2011, 12:43 AM
that is great growth!! I really like your waves!

Lissandria
November 2nd, 2011, 01:09 AM
Gorgeous hair and amazing growth. Your hair will be so pretty long, can't wait to see it!

Debra83
November 2nd, 2011, 01:10 AM
Looks really good!!! Way to go!!! Changes your look completely too.....like you are a different person!!!

Lucky
November 2nd, 2011, 03:03 AM
Congrats on making it through the awkward stages, your hair is really lovely, I love your color! I admire your head shaving gesture, I'm sure it meant a lot to your mom. Happy growing!

Avital88
November 2nd, 2011, 03:42 AM
Woohoo, from now on it will al go quicker..Its beautiful your hair, i cant wait to see you with long hair, do you have a goal in mind? happy growing!

*Seraphina*
November 2nd, 2011, 03:46 AM
Your hair looks great! Love the colour.

DavidN
November 2nd, 2011, 03:47 AM
Congratulations to you, jujube, on your one year LHC anniversary!:cheer:

Your hair looks wwonderful, and you have made great progress!

oktobergoud
November 2nd, 2011, 06:46 AM
It looks amazing! :D I love your waves, can't wait till my hair is that length..
Your hair sure grew fast!

chou
November 2nd, 2011, 07:24 AM
Wow, awesome growth! Your waves are so pretty!

Colourful
November 2nd, 2011, 08:01 AM
You and your hair look really beautiful! :)

aggie_deirde
November 2nd, 2011, 08:09 AM
Lovely hair!Lot's of growth!

jojo
November 2nd, 2011, 08:18 AM
Your hair has come a long way; its beautiful and id call that shoulders!

auroraclio
November 2nd, 2011, 08:21 AM
I love your hair, so pretty!!!

infinity_girl
November 2nd, 2011, 08:24 AM
Wow, your hair looks lovely and you are super cute! Well done. How long do you want to grow it?

moxamoll
November 2nd, 2011, 08:27 AM
So pretty and healthy looking! Congratulations!

Rocket22
November 2nd, 2011, 08:30 AM
Happy Anniversary!!!! Looks fantastic, love the waves. I can not even imagine the awkward stages that come with shaving ones head, good job.

vintage88
November 2nd, 2011, 08:42 AM
Congratulations! You've made amazing progress in a year:)

Amber_Maiden
November 2nd, 2011, 09:39 AM
Wow! Big difference! Happy anniversary! :D

freckles
November 2nd, 2011, 10:21 AM
your current length looks really great with your texture. Congratulations on all your growth!

lapushka
November 2nd, 2011, 11:26 AM
Congratulations! It looks great!

Mannaz
November 2nd, 2011, 11:31 AM
I love your color and waves! You'll be at APL before you know it!

blondie9912
November 2nd, 2011, 02:36 PM
It looks awesome! Great to see that you've gotten past the 'awkward' stage (mullets and stuff) and can just let your hair grow now :)

ylime
November 2nd, 2011, 02:46 PM
congratulations!! it looks absolutely beautiful :D

Aqua Gal
November 2nd, 2011, 02:55 PM
Your hair looks gorgeous! I agree, the toughest part is over...been there done that and lived to tell the tale. Congratulations!

BTW, love the waves.

Mopolop
November 2nd, 2011, 03:05 PM
You look so pretty with wavy hair. :)

Roscata
November 2nd, 2011, 03:10 PM
Happy anniversary! I LOVE your waves, they are very pretty. :)

HereIGrowAgain
November 2nd, 2011, 03:14 PM
Jujube - Wow! It's so pretty! I should have been stalking your albums a lot more... the last time I saw a new length shot was your puggy siggy, and for some reason that froze your length in my mind.

It's getting so long! And it's making your cheekbones look amazing! :D

Ligeia_13
November 2nd, 2011, 03:18 PM
If I had waves like that, I might just keep it at that length. It looks really really nice :D

Happy growing!

einna
November 2nd, 2011, 04:21 PM
Beautiful hair! Good luck with your next year! :)

thelittlestdoc
November 5th, 2011, 12:42 AM
So lovely--your natural texture is very pretty--embrace it! And you really are past the hardest part, now. Not that it's been all sunshine and roses since my hair reached my shoulders, but there are quite a lot of new options that open up once you hit that length. Good luck!

Slinks
November 5th, 2011, 12:49 AM
your hair looks really good :-)

Quahatundightu
November 5th, 2011, 01:24 AM
Yay you have really come a long way! Congrats, will be great to see how you progress as well, how long are you planning on having it?

Thalia
November 5th, 2011, 01:29 AM
Your hair looks awesome, Congrats!

JamieLeigh
November 5th, 2011, 01:57 AM
What lovely progress! Congratulations on 1 year of growing! :flower:

yvsa
November 5th, 2011, 03:51 AM
Wow, great progress. You look beautiful!

missdelarocha
November 5th, 2011, 05:46 AM
Yay! Happy Anniversary! Your hair looks gorgeous and so do you! I think the curliness is lovely.

Nera
November 5th, 2011, 05:49 AM
First of all, I really admire your descision to shave your hair. I have no words for it.
Second of all, you are gorgeous.

Sunny_side_up
November 5th, 2011, 08:11 AM
Very pretty healthy hair, great growth progress and the waves look lovely:)

Oksana
November 5th, 2011, 08:19 AM
You have made fabulous progress, can't wait to see it longer :)

Lostsoule77
November 5th, 2011, 10:18 AM
I'm always amazed at how much growth we can gain in one year. I think with the pixie you were cute, but now you are gorgeous! You're lucky that with your face any cut probably looks good, but I think the longer length and waves really suit you. :)

Shaving your head like you did is amazing! I'd agree with Jojo, I think you are at SL. Congratulations on your one year anniversary and happy growing. :D

Meadowbloom
November 5th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Your courage to shave all of your hair is amazing! I wish I had the guts! Now your hair and the colour really looks great!

spitfire511
November 5th, 2011, 10:59 AM
WOW! You've had great growth and it looks so good! :) Congrats on your hair-i-versary! :blossom:

moon2dove
November 5th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Yayy !! Congrats on 1 year and great growth too :) :)

InTheCity
November 6th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Wow, I love the way that style looks on you! I know this length is just a stepping stone but you should be happy to know that your face shape works incredibly well with both lengths.