PDA

View Full Version : Waist to Hip Thread by Next November (2012)!

Pages : [1] 2

Amber_Maiden
November 1st, 2011, 04:20 PM
I've noticed that there's no Waist to Hip thread, and I know some of us are getting close... This is a thread for those who have reached Waist and have perhaps 5 to 10in left till they reach Hip. We can post progress pics, tips, advice, share encouragement, and support each other while we grow! :)
Happy growing! :D

:cheese:

MsBubbles
November 1st, 2011, 04:39 PM
There is a waist to hip thread (http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17576).

But I think many vetoed it as a thread idea because somehow TBL was more worthy, or something. :rolleyes:

Anyway, there wasn't a "Waist to Hip Thread by Next November (2012)" until now :D.

I'll join you...even though I'm only two inches away from hip. My hair is having a hard time not fraying at this length so I am in for a very long, slow trimming haul. I would like to hope I can achieve hip a year from now, with a nice hemline and ends in tact.

Where is hip on you? I think on me it's around 35".

Kelikea
November 1st, 2011, 04:43 PM
Ummm...Is this almost hip length? (My siggy pic)

Amber_Maiden
November 1st, 2011, 04:45 PM
Ummm...Is this almost hip length? (My siggy pic)

I think your getting close to hip! It looks like you have 4in-5in To go?

Amber_Maiden
November 1st, 2011, 04:46 PM
There is a waist to hip thread (http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17576).

But I think many vetoed it as a thread idea because somehow TBL was more worthy, or something. :rolleyes:

Anyway, there wasn't a "Waist to Hip Thread by Next November (2012)" until now :D.

I'll join you...even though I'm only two inches away from hip. My hair is having a hard time not fraying at this length so I am in for a very long, slow trimming haul. I would like to hope I can achieve hip a year from now, with a nice hemline and ends in tact.

Where is hip on you? I think on me it's around 35".

ahhhh... Funny. It didn't come up when I did a search. But this thread has a goal- of a year! HEHE. So it is different... :)

For sure join us!

Is there a reason your ends are fraying? Is it because of uneven growth, or dryness?

julliams
November 1st, 2011, 04:55 PM
I'll join too because the other thread never stayed current. I am almost there though but I am too having trouble with splits at this length. I'm pretty sure I've got the type of hair that is just gonna split with it gets long!

My plan is to grow until January 2012 when I think I'll hit my goal. I have these dymples at the top of my butt that I'm growing to and calling hip because "butt dymple length" doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

Then I plan to trim every 2 - 3 months in an attempt to grow out all the hair that it possibly left over from my straightening days from before November 2009. I'm not planning to self-trim because I have a sneaking suspician that it's not having brilliant scissors that could be leading to more splits. So I'll do that for about a year and then if the splits have not decreased I will either admit defeat or just self-trim.

Lately however I have been wanting to cut layers into my hair - even a fringe so I'm not sure if I'm getting bored with the whole thing. I've stuck to it for 2 years now (anniversary thread to come) so I've given it a really good go. We'll see. Maybe I need to be part of a thread like this to keep going with growing...

Amber_Maiden
November 1st, 2011, 04:59 PM
I'll join too because the other thread never stayed current. I am almost there though but I am too having trouble with splits at this length. I'm pretty sure I've got the type of hair that is just gonna split with it gets long!

My plan is to grow until January 2012 when I think I'll hit my goal. I have these dymples at the top of my butt that I'm growing to and calling hip because "butt dymple length" doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

Then I plan to trim every 2 - 3 months in an attempt to grow out all the hair that it possibly left over from my straightening days from before November 2009. I'm not planning to self-trim because I have a sneaking suspician that it's not having brilliant scissors that could be leading to more splits. So I'll do that for about a year and then if the splits have not decreased I will either admit defeat or just self-trim.

Lately however I have been wanting to cut layers into my hair - even a fringe so I'm not sure if I'm getting bored with the whole thing. I've stuck to it for 2 years now (anniversary thread to come) so I've given it a really good go. We'll see. Maybe I need to be part of a thread like this to keep going with growing...

Welcome juilliams!
Your "butt dymple length" comment made me laugh so hard! It does have a certain ring to it... :)

I'm basically in the same boat you are. I plan on growing to hip and then growing to maintain, and am hoping to cut off the amount of damage I have from straightening and chemical dying. Let's encourage each other to keep growing! :)

MsBubbles
November 1st, 2011, 05:08 PM
Is there a reason your ends are fraying? Is it because of uneven growth, or dryness?

The reasons are: old pre-LHC blowfrying on velcro rollers, old highlights, and peroxide. I just need to baby the ends until all of that has grown out and been cut off. I have confidence I will get there...it's just going to be really slow.

I have been trimming half my length-gains each month since I first attempted a self-trim about 3 years ago. It's the best way for me. I tried going 2-3 months without trimming but my ends just got really bad.

Amber_Maiden
November 1st, 2011, 05:10 PM
The reasons are: old pre-LHC blowfrying on velcro rollers, old highlights, and peroxide. I just need to baby the ends until all of that has grown out and been cut off. I have confidence I will get there...it's just going to be really slow.

ahhhhh... Now I understand. Well, once I reach Hip I plan on growing out my damaged ends... damaged and frayed from chemical dyes and straightening... :( At least we've learned eh?

darklyndsea
November 1st, 2011, 05:10 PM
I think that it would take some effort on my part to not make it to hip by next November; theoretically, I should be there before summer hits. Which is to say, I'm in!

Amber_Maiden
November 1st, 2011, 05:12 PM
I think that it would take some effort on my part to not make it to hip by next November; theoretically, I should be there before summer hits. Which is to say, I'm in!

Awesome! Welcome! :D

Mesmerise
November 1st, 2011, 05:16 PM
I think this thread is a great idea! Sadly, I'm not ready to join it :(. I was about 1" from waist back in July, but ended up chopping off a few inches of thin ends... *sigh*.

I, too, had never really noticed the old waist to hip thread, but I think it is necessary to have one because there ARE a few of us who want to grow to hip and no further! I mean, you can join the waist to tbl thread... but if your goal is hip...then you never really kinda "graduate" from the thread lol.

Anyway, good luck to all you on your way to hip by November next year!

Amber_Maiden
November 1st, 2011, 05:24 PM
I think this thread is a great idea! Sadly, I'm not ready to join it :(. I was about 1" from waist back in July, but ended up chopping off a few inches of thin ends... *sigh*.

I, too, had never really noticed the old waist to hip thread, but I think it is necessary to have one because there ARE a few of us who want to grow to hip and no further! I mean, you can join the waist to tbl thread... but if your goal is hip...then you never really kinda "graduate" from the thread lol.

Anyway, good luck to all you on your way to hip by November next year!

You can join anyways, perhaps you'll make it.. Never know, you might have a good healthy hair growth year!! :D

I personally don't want to go much further than hip... If I do eventually want to go past hip, it will be in a couple of years. I want to maintain for a while to make sure I get most damage off the length.

Diamond.Eyes
November 1st, 2011, 05:34 PM
My hair is currently an inch or two below my waist. About a month a ago, my hair was just shy of hip length, but I ended up trimming it back up to my waist because my ends were looking a bit thin and scraggly. Since the trim, I've also switched to a hair routine that works a lot better for me and my hair has been growing like crazy :D! I'm really hoping that by February or March that I will have solid, hip-length hair. ^_^

Amber_Maiden
November 1st, 2011, 05:36 PM
My hair is currently an inch or two below my waist. About a month a ago, my hair was just shy of hip length, but I ended up trimming it back up to my waist because my ends were looking a bit thin and scraggly. Since the trim, I've also switched to a hair routine that works a lot better for me and my hair has been growing like crazy :D! I'm really hoping that by February or March that I will have solid, hip-length hair. ^_^

What is your new hair routine like? Care to share? :)

Diamond.Eyes
November 1st, 2011, 05:49 PM
Of course! :D I added Fish Oil to my daily vitamin intake, I bought a silk pillowcase about a month ago and that really helped my straight hair stay tangle-free at night. I also detangle my hair every morning and evening with my Tangle Teezer and a detangling mixture made out of VO5 conditioner, aloe vera gel, glycerin, jojoba oil, and distilled water . And about two months ago I started spritzing rooibos hair in my hair everyday and this also made my hair shed less, which is pretty useful because I always find that my hair sheds more in the fall.
What is your new hair routine like? Care to share? :)

jojo
November 1st, 2011, 05:58 PM
Please can I join? I have 3" and hope that this time next year to be hip after a few trims, though i am thinking of leaving it be until i reach hip and then trimming a little to tidy the hem up!

It shouldnt be such a difficult milestone for any of us really, the difference from waist to hip is small!

Amber_Maiden
November 1st, 2011, 05:58 PM
Of course! :D I added Fish Oil to my daily vitamin intake, I bought a silk pillowcase about a month ago and that really helped my straight hair stay tangle-free at night. I also detangle my hair every morning and evening with my Tangle Teezer and a detangling mixture made out of VO5 conditioner, aloe vera gel, glycerin, jojoba oil, and distilled water . And about two months ago I started spritzing rooibos hair in my hair everyday and this also made my hair shed less, which is pretty useful because I always find that my hair sheds more in the fall.

wow! The rooibos really works for that? How long do you let it brew for? Do you use it over several days or fresh? I'm thinking I might try it... I'm going through a shedding period currently... And I want it to stop!

Also, how does the tangle teezer work? I must admit I've seen people talking about it in a thread or two, but never paid much attention... :o

Amber_Maiden
November 1st, 2011, 06:00 PM
Please can I join? I have 3" and hope that this time next year to be hip after a few trims, though i am thinking of leaving it be until i reach hip and then trimming a little to tidy the hem up!

It shouldnt be such a difficult milestone for any of us really, the difference from waist to hip is small!

Of course you can join!!! The more the merrier! My plan is basically the same as yours :) Btw, you have gorgeous hair! wow! :)

Diamond.Eyes
November 1st, 2011, 06:10 PM
I think the rooibos is a major contributor to my hair not shedding so much. I usually brew a pretty concentrated batch, though I don't like the smell of it that much :/. But, after I spray it in my hair, it doesn't feel as dry. I think it helps keep your cuticle smoothed down. And the tangle teezer is my favorite hair tool I've ever used! It's awesome! It doesn't rip through your hair like a rake, it just lightly skims through any tangles you have and helps to distribute oils and moisture through your hair. I always use the bottom up method of brushing with my tangle teezer, and after brushing I'll find about two or three hairs in the brush, if that. It's a life saver lol
wow! The rooibos really works for that? How long do you let it brew for? Do you use it over several days or fresh? I'm thinking I might try it... I'm going through a shedding period currently... And I want it to stop!

Also, how does the tangle teezer work? I must admit I've seen people talking about it in a thread or two, but never paid much attention... :o

Yozhik
November 1st, 2011, 06:21 PM
I should be at hip in the next 3-4 months. :)

Then I think I'll stay between waist and hip while I gradually trim off non-LHC hair and perhaps experiment with layers.

teal
November 1st, 2011, 06:31 PM
Ooh, me me! :) I think I'll be at hip pretty soon (see my length album) but the longest layer is in pretty dire need of a trim - it's got the worst of the heat damage. I haven't trimmed since May 2010. I'm still on the fence about trimming because if I keep up with oiling the ends and hiding them in updos, it's actually not too bad.

jojo
November 2nd, 2011, 04:23 PM
Of course you can join!!! The more the merrier! My plan is basically the same as yours :) Btw, you have gorgeous hair! wow! :)

aww thanks, your is lovely too despite what what your FIL thinks!

Amber_Maiden
November 2nd, 2011, 04:48 PM
aww thanks, your is lovely too despite what what your FIL thinks!

thank you jojo :)

SoulOfTheSea
November 2nd, 2011, 05:07 PM
I'm with Yozhik, my hair twin, that I should be at hip pretty soon, but I sure hope it is by next November! Who knows, maybe when I reach hip I'll aim for tailbone? :)

Springlets
November 2nd, 2011, 05:53 PM
I think I'll be at hip in a few months, but I hope to have gotten rid of all my layers and be at hip by next November. :D

SoulOfTheSea
November 2nd, 2011, 06:09 PM
I think I'll be at hip in a few months, but I hope to have gotten rid of all my layers and be at hip by next November. :D

I thankfully did a big chop last April to get rid of all my layers... it was so worth it! But good luck in layer growing adventure! :D

Springlets
November 2nd, 2011, 06:36 PM
Good to know! I know layers are supposed to be good for curls (I've had them in my hair since 16 so I don't remember what it would be like without them), but I hate how they make my hair look thinner. Once I hit hip I plan to just trim them out as they grow. :)

SoulOfTheSea
November 2nd, 2011, 06:45 PM
Good to know! I know layers are supposed to be good for curls (I've had them in my hair since 16 so I don't remember what it would be like without them), but I hate how they make my hair look thinner. Once I hit hip I plan to just trim them out as they grow. :)

Yeah I hated the thin look as well, as well as the fact that all my ends were dried out and so unhealthy, and the layers just amplified that. Your hair looks great, though, so an extreme chop doesn't look like it's in order, lol. :D

Amber_Maiden
November 2nd, 2011, 06:48 PM

Love your wavey/curl hair :) Mine is almost like that (when I leave it alone... hehe). If I brush it enough it takes on much looser waves.

Amber_Maiden
November 2nd, 2011, 07:04 PM
So last night i found out my waist hair length is 31in. Tonight i remeasured to make sure it was correct- It is!

I also measured down to my hip and a bit past to bottom of my tattoo, which is close to TBL. That is 35.5in.

So, calculated out, I have 4.5 in to a bit past Hip!! WOOT!!!!!

Once at hip, I'll probably grow an inch past, and then start maintaining, and like I said before, growing out damage...

Springlets
November 2nd, 2011, 07:08 PM
Your hair looks great, though, so an extreme chop doesn't look like it's in order, lol. :D

Love your wavey/curl hair :)

Thank you guys! :D

owlathena
November 2nd, 2011, 07:25 PM
Ooohh this is me! I'm at waist right now at 31in. I'll be hip-ish by Nov 2012.

MagicAndMayhem
November 2nd, 2011, 08:51 PM
I'm not waist yet, but I hope to get to hip-ish by then!!

Mayflower
November 3rd, 2011, 09:09 AM
I'm in :D I'm a bit past my waist now (no idea how many inches that is on me though) but I have about 5 inches left 'till hip, depending on how wavy my hair is.
Hip is my ultimate goal so when I reach that, I'm gonna stay there and work on a nice thick U-hemline. I have crazy layers so that's going to take a while haha but that's okay.

Zesty
November 3rd, 2011, 09:25 AM
I'm in! I think I have about 4 inches until I'm solidly hip, so I should be there by this time next year. I'm also going abroad for a semester in February, and I'm hoping those five months of being busy and not worrying about my hair will lead to a pleasant surprise when I get back in June/July. :)

Amber_Maiden
November 3rd, 2011, 11:12 AM
Figured out that I should be at Hip by July/August. I don't know how it will look though, since my hair is so wavey. I might have to grow it a bit past Hip just so it looks like I'm at hip... if this makes any sense...

Chamy
November 6th, 2011, 01:41 AM
Im in, like julliams im a bit tired of the whole thing, and need some motivation. Maybe this could be good for me, something to aim at. Because i know that i dont want to cut it. How many inches is waist for you guys. I think it's about 36 or something on me.

julliams
November 6th, 2011, 03:45 AM
Are you sure it's 36" on you? Are you very tall? I'm 167cm tall with a long torso and waist is 31". Remember that waist is where the smallest part is on your torso, not where your jeans go up to. It's alot higher than alot of people think.

bunzfan
November 6th, 2011, 04:23 AM
I'm a shortie being just over 5ft tall and waist is around 27 1/2 i have 2 inches to go but the gap between hip and waist is very small so i will probably make that in about 3 months strange.

xoerincolleen
November 6th, 2011, 06:44 AM
I'm getting pretty close to hip! I think I have about 2 - 3 inches to go. I've been trimming off about a half inch every month in order to thicken up my ends since July, so I'm hoping to get there with a nice hemline. I've been heat styling a lot more than usual the past month, though, and have been unable to find cone-free conditioners (I'm abroad), so my hair routine has been weird lately. I'll be glad to go back to what I know works for me and hopefully my hair hasn't suffered too much!

~BoHemiAngel~
November 6th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Yay, a thread for me!! :cheese: I'm just now reaching waist (need to post new pics soon) and I hope to reach hip in a year! My hair grows painfully slow at 1/4" per month, though, so it might be just wishful thinking...

In any event, lovely to "meet" you all, and I'm happy to be here! :D

Amber_Maiden
November 6th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Here's a pic: 31in. Sadly, as you can see, because of that stupid hairdresser, I'm barely there!

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff519/shamber1/IMG_4697-1.jpg

KLin
November 6th, 2011, 08:19 PM
This is for me. My goal was no trims and to go toward Hip this year. I had lots of trauma, surgery and hormones this year and my hair is growing slow with a few big sheds. I need to measure my waist and hip and TB goals and check in again.

floweringmoment
November 6th, 2011, 09:20 PM
i'd love to join all you beautiful ones on this journey :-) http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee512/floweringmoment/x2_8fa1b2e.jpg

Avienda
November 6th, 2011, 09:48 PM
yeah! I'm in this group now! I'm about half inch to an inch past waist now! I really thought it would take longer and was just wanting to get waist by Christmas, but surpassed it two months early! You have no idea how super excited I was when I realized it was past waist!!!

julliams
November 7th, 2011, 04:20 AM
Here's a pic: 31in. Sadly, as you can see, because of that stupid hairdresser, I'm barely there!

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff519/shamber1/IMG_4697-1.jpg

You are about 2 inches past waist in my opinion.

StormVixen
November 7th, 2011, 07:02 AM
I would LOVE to reach hip by next November... I think its an unlikely goal for me, as my curl eats the length... I will try tho :)

lesbia
November 7th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Here I am! I just passed waist! I need 5 cm to reach hip! It seems not much but my hair starts to grow so slowly...

xoxophelia
November 7th, 2011, 07:25 AM
I would join but I only have about 1-2" until hip. I trimmed just recently so I should be there by Feb. at the latest so I don't know if I count for this group..
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4575&pictureid=116421

Spinny
November 7th, 2011, 07:39 AM
I'd like to join! I was at waist, I think, but now my pregnant belly has gotten in the way of me really knowing where waist is. :)

I can figure out how far I have to reach hip though...going to look for the measuring tape.

Spinny
November 7th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Hmm...well, waist was about 31, and hip for me is about 34, and I'm at about 31.75 right now, so I definitely think I can make it by next November, as long as my postpartum shedding doesn't go overboard.

Like many of you, my plan is to start trimming once I reach hip, so my layers can catch up. My shortest layers are only 20", so I think I may be hanging out at hip for a while.

tigereye
November 7th, 2011, 08:49 AM
My bottom layers are currently less than 1/2 " away from waist, so I should be at hip by next november (I have only a 4" gap at most between waist and hip) My only worry is keeping my long layers looking nice as I grow them down)

SoulOfTheSea
November 7th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Eeeeep! I just looked at where my hemline is today in the mirror, and it seems like hip is forever away! :o

KLin
November 7th, 2011, 10:27 AM
Measured today, waist on me is 31", Hip 35", TB 39"
I measured my hair air dried and not really pulled straight (have wavy/curls) and the longest parts are 33.5"

So weird to measure out my body. My waist now smaller then 31" as I have lost weight so I am happy about that measurement. :cheese: However my breasts are small again and I am too sad to measure them for new bras yet :rolleyes:. Just let my hair grow long and healthy and I can wrap myself up in it.

It will take me several months to reach hip with my tips, then I can just trim to that lenght and thicken my hemline. That is my goal by my birthday in Oct 2012, by Nov I will decide to stay at hip or move towards TB

Yozhik
November 7th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Eeeeep! I just looked at where my hemline is today in the mirror, and it seems like hip is forever away! :o

You'll get there, hair twin! :flowers:

What I found was helpful was measuring how many inches hip is for me (33"). I'm now at 31.5", but if you include wave-induced shrinkage, I know hip isn't going to come for at least 4 months if not longer (my ends are pretty curly).

SoulOfTheSea
November 7th, 2011, 01:22 PM
You'll get there, hair twin! :flowers:

What I found was helpful was measuring how many inches hip is for me (33"). I'm now at 31.5", but if you include wave-induced shrinkage, I know hip isn't going to come for at least 4 months if not longer (my ends are pretty curly).

Thanks for the encouragement hair twin! :)

Well today I measured my hair, and it's only 24 inches long... O_O. What is up with that? I expected way more! :eek: I thought I did a good job of stretching out the wave, too. I guess it has to do with torso length and what not right?

Yozhik
November 7th, 2011, 02:07 PM
^^I'm not sure how torso length could account for all of that difference, although I do have a long torso.

:hmm: SouloftheSea, Did you measure from your hairline down back your head or from the crown of your head?

Amber_Maiden
November 7th, 2011, 02:09 PM
I'm not sure how torso length could account for all of that difference, although I do have a long torso.

:hmm: Did you measure from your hairline down back your head or from the crown of your head?

From hairline, where your hair ends at the top of your forehead.

Yozhik
November 7th, 2011, 02:49 PM
From hairline, where your hair ends at the top of your forehead.

Sorry to be unclear in my post - I was asking SouloftheSea where she measured from because I thought it might account for the fact that she's getting 24" at waist+ length. :)

I went and edited it to make it more clear. :)

Shesta
November 7th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Nice threat that I'd like to hop in. :D Yet I'm a bit unsure if I'll get there on time. I'm getting so pissed off with my hair these days... I just want to chop it all off.. arggh!

SoulOfTheSea
November 7th, 2011, 05:18 PM
^^I'm not sure how torso length could account for all of that difference, although I do have a long torso.

:hmm: SouloftheSea, Did you measure from your hairline down back your head or from the crown of your head?

I took some hair from the side of my head and measured from the top of my part to the end. Did I do it wrong? That was my first time I ever measured! :D

Yozhik
November 7th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Yay for first measurings! :cheer:

I can't remember where the guidelines are, but the standard LHC way to measure is to measure from your hairline (at the center of your forehead) straight back down your head, and let it drape to the ends of your hair on your back. I like to get help for this, for accuracy's sake.

I bet if you measure this way you'll put on at least 6" to your initial measurement. :)

Amber_Maiden
November 7th, 2011, 06:41 PM

I can't remember where the guidelines are, but the standard LHC way to measure is to measure from your hairline (at the center of your forehead) straight back down your head, and let it drape to the ends of your hair on your back. I like to get help for this, for accuracy's sake.

I bet if you measure this way you'll put on at least 6" to your initial measurement. :)

Getting help is what I would recommend as well. Also, stand in the mirror and hold the end of your tape to your hairline.

SoulOfTheSea
November 7th, 2011, 07:43 PM

Getting help is what I would recommend as well. Also, stand in the mirror and hold the end of your tape to your hairline.

Oh okay, thanks you guys! I will remeasure soon! :)

LadyJennifer
November 7th, 2011, 08:31 PM
My hair just reached waist wet (though still not there wavy), so I'll be here soon.
I have a question though, what exactly is considered hip length?

Yozhik
November 7th, 2011, 08:49 PM
I think it's top of the hip bones -- the parts protruding out in the front.

I find it to be a kind of nebulous marker, though, because there's no clear body landmark on your back. :shrug:

Springlets
November 8th, 2011, 12:15 AM
I guess it would depend on the type of jeans, but if you're wearing hip hugger jeans, the mark would be at the top of them. That's what I'm going by anyway. :)

tgagurl27
November 8th, 2011, 03:52 AM
Im going to join because I think I will reach that by november as I have quite a short body haha

KLin
November 8th, 2011, 12:02 PM
I tied a string around my smallest waist spot, and around my hips ;). Then when I was holding the measuring tape at my front hairline with one hand, and using the other to guide the bottom of the measuring tape to the ends, I could see where to take measurements. So glad my husband and boys did not walk into the bathroom :rolleyes: How do you explaine that??

I did find out I have a freckle on the back of my left hip and will be using that now as my hip-length goal marker.

julliams
November 8th, 2011, 07:13 PM
I am so close. From the back it's only about an inch away. If I tip my head back a tiny bit, it's there. Makes me wonder why it's so important to be worrying about the last one inch!! When it's wet it's pretty much there.

BUT - from the side, just looks like waist length - what's up with that?

Amber_Maiden
November 8th, 2011, 07:16 PM
I am so close. From the back it's only about an inch away. If I tip my head back a tiny bit, it's there. Makes me wonder why it's so important to be worrying about the last one inch!! When it's wet it's pretty much there.

Same here, I look shorter (as in my hair) from the side angle... My husband noticed that.

xoxophelia
November 9th, 2011, 07:03 AM

We are in the same boat then. My hair is actually long enough that in photos people have told me I am to hip. But, I figured 34-35" would put me at solid hip. Oh my goodness.. I just realized I had a bad hair dream last night. My hair was as long but 90% of it was about BSL and then coming out of the middle was a V that went down to its current length. And I was thinking.. AAARGH I am going to have to trim a lot again!

My hair also looks shorter from the side so I had no idea I was so close to hip length.

I'm actually happy I am so close because that means by February I will be able to just maintain and forget about my hair until I am happy with it :).. I will resume growing at some later point.

schweedie
November 9th, 2011, 08:43 AM
I thought I'll join in here as well - the other thread doesn't seem like it's going to stay alive. *g* I think I could make it to my version of hip at some point in the spring, maybe summer. I'm aiming for the top of my jeans.

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k626/growingmyhair/november.jpg

Freckled.Thing
November 9th, 2011, 05:05 PM
I'm not quite at waist yet, unfortunately. I think I have about 8 or 9 inches to go until my goal of hip. Doesn't look like I'm going to make it by next November, but maybe January 2013? A girl can hope.

Good luck to all you guys!

Kelikea
November 10th, 2011, 04:50 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=118425&albumid=8987&dl=1320806577&thumb=1http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=118425&albumid=8987&dl=1320806577&thumb=1
My latest length shot. I am about an inch from tailbone at the point in the back, but my hemline is U-shaped, so the sides are just past waist.

bunzfan
November 10th, 2011, 05:15 AM
I don't know if it counts as i measured my hair wet as its wavy and i am only an inch short of waist. On dry hair i still have a inch and a half to go, still happy though:D

UP Lisa
November 10th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Well, I've been to BCL. Back to Hip for a while. Don't know if I'm going for more length again,, or possibly maintaining at Waist, since that's probably where my hair looks best.

Amber_Maiden
November 14th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Just dyed my hair a different colour, an auburn brown... but about 10in of the bottom length is black. very pissed off about this. Now I have to try to get some of that colour to fade... gah! It looks so weird in a messy bun! Like all my hair in the front is brown and then I have this messy bun that's black! LOL

Winged
November 14th, 2011, 03:03 PM
I'll join this thread. I think I'm about an inch below my waist right now. Once I hit hip length, I'm going to focus on growing out all my layers so I have one solid length.

layla<33
November 18th, 2011, 01:36 PM
i will be brushing waist by the end of next month but i would like to join as well :) my hair grows 1 inch per month and my hips are about six inches from my waist (im long waisted) so im planning to to be at hip before novenber, july at the latest.

PriscillaCherel
November 18th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Propbably I mad it before novemer next year(hopefully june/july or something like that) :) I got fast growing hair

Amber_Maiden
November 18th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Welcome all! :)

Alun
November 18th, 2011, 07:27 PM
I reached waist some time ago, but I think my hair may be shrinking! If hip isn't as far as tailbone, then I'm in. Not sure where hip length really comes on me, or if I can get there.

Zhennni(:
November 18th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I am solidly at waist and heading towards hip! :D but I want to grow out my short layers:O

sweetestpoison
November 18th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Joining this thread fo sho! I am right about waist right now, my hair grows super fast though, i don't know if November is close enough but i am definitely interested in everybody elses progress :cheese:

Amber_Maiden
November 18th, 2011, 08:38 PM
I reached waist some time ago, but I think my hair may be shrinking! If hip isn't as far as tailbone, then I'm in. Not sure where hip length really comes on me, or if I can get there.

You can try! Happy growing! :)

Chamy
November 19th, 2011, 06:00 PM
So are there anyone here that trims regularly? I have started trimming again after a while without any trimming at all, and my hair really feels thicker, i do think i will make it to hip in a year though.

Amber_Maiden
November 19th, 2011, 06:42 PM
So are there anyone here that trims regularly? I have started trimming again after a while without any trimming at all, and my hair really feels thicker, i do think i will make it to hip in a year though.

I do. I did it quite a bit this past year, to the total amount of about 13in. I'm planning to slow down and only dust once and a while now though.

sweetestpoison
November 19th, 2011, 10:00 PM

I trim pretty much any time i look at my hair. I don't do a full trim, i just trim ends that i see are split. I do this especially after blow drying or flat ironing. Not just to keep it healthy, but to keep it looking smooth too. I think it's called micro-trimming? I don't know, but i am experimenting with the "trim by the moon" and am scheduled for my next full trim Dec. 10th. I do full trims maybe 2-3 times a year! If you want to trim by the moon for length, dec. 10th (full moon) is apparently the time to do it!

schweedie
November 20th, 2011, 02:16 AM
Oh, I absolutely get my hair trimmed regularly - every three months, give or take a week. My hair does better that way, and my hairdresser knows I'm growing it out and never takes off more than necessary. Around 1/4 to half an inch or so, usually.

Amber_Maiden, you trimmed 13 inches in a year? Did you still get noticeable growth? In that case you must have an amazing growth rate!

Violettwin
November 20th, 2011, 03:08 AM
I'm in! I'm at 31" at the moment, hip is about 3 - 4" away but I have layers so I guess 6" would give me a thicker hemline & account for 'wavy hair shortening effect'.
I haven't had a trim since feb, I think I might have to be brave & start micro trims, I'm now borderine phobic of hairdressers & I can't afford to go anyway! - any advice on self trims would be welcome :)

Amber_Maiden
November 20th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Oh, I absolutely get my hair trimmed regularly - every three months, give or take a week. My hair does better that way, and my hairdresser knows I'm growing it out and never takes off more than necessary. Around 1/4 to half an inch or so, usually.

Amber_Maiden, you trimmed 13 inches in a year? Did you still get noticeable growth? In that case you must have an amazing growth rate!

Oh yeah, I'm almost back to where I was last Christmas. I think I'm just a couple inches away from where I was. I was at hip last Xmas. :) I was never vigilant about about measuring and am only getting into that now- so I don't even know how much my hair grows a month! I'll know by the beginning of December though!

UP Lisa
November 21st, 2011, 06:33 AM
I trim regularly. Working on thickening up the ends. I used to be at BCL, but have been back to Waist, and now at Hip for a while.

Amber_Maiden
November 24th, 2011, 11:36 AM
The other day while showering, I asked my husband where my hair fell when wet. Apparently 1/4 of the way down my tattoo!!! :)

Falcore
November 25th, 2011, 05:05 AM
Ooooh may I join?

My longest layers are at 31inch or so. Hip is around 35 on me but my waves eat a bit of length so fingers crossed I will make it

I do intend on trimming every few months to cut off past damage. Looking forward to reading everyone progress :D:)

Sweetie
November 25th, 2011, 05:59 AM
I'm joining in, since I'm at waist from a few days!!!! I'm aiming at hip, and I think November 2012 it's a reasonable time!

mel88lem
November 25th, 2011, 06:14 AM
I'm in the 31-32" arena (like a lot of waist-length folks) and am just a smidgen away from waist - I don't like to call it until I'm dead certain it's there! I haven't measured where waist is on me, but from the other waist-to-hip posts, it must be around 3-4 inches. I'm pretty normally shaped. I have the world's slowest growing hair (4" per year if I'm lucky) and I know I'll need a trim sometime in the coming year (it's been a good 6-8 months since my last one), but I'll hop onto this thread with the rest of you! Not sure if I'll have enough to make it to hip or not in a year, but it's worth a go!:)

Kelikea
November 26th, 2011, 08:16 AM
I'm in the 31-32" arena (like a lot of waist-length folks) and am just a smidgen away from waist - I don't like to call it until I'm dead certain it's there! I haven't measured where waist is on me, but from the other waist-to-hip posts, it must be around 3-4 inches. I'm pretty normally shaped. I have the world's slowest growing hair (4" per year if I'm lucky) and I know I'll need a trim sometime in the coming year (it's been a good 6-8 months since my last one), but I'll hop onto this thread with the rest of you! Not sure if I'll have enough to make it to hip or not in a year, but it's worth a go!:)

Hey, don't feel bad. I grow an average of about 1/4" a month. I was at 33.5 in July and now, in November I'm almost 35.25". Here are my length shots:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8987&pictureid=117338July 2011
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8987&pictureid=119185Nov. 2011 wet
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8987&pictureid=118425Nov. 2011 dry
My hand is at tailbone in the other pics!
I think the longest layer in back is at hip, but I'm waiting for the sides to catch up before claiming hip-length. Happy Growing!!

jojo
November 26th, 2011, 08:29 AM
I am waist and have been for 12 months as I have trimmed nearly all ive grown this year; i needed to get rid of thinner ends. I am now going to trim every 6 months, when I shall take a good 1/2" off. I am hoping to reach hip around next summer.

I do notice a good trim helps me retain my grown length, rather than it just breaking off, so in the long run, trimming does allow me to gain extra inches, which sounds silly but its true!

flowerlovelong
December 11th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Im at waist length now. Even though I plan on trimming in '12 I'll try my hardest! ;)

gazelle
December 11th, 2011, 03:53 PM
I hope being with you. My hair is newly waist now, when it is dry, it shrinks to BSL. So dry and hip seems not realistic, but wet and hip may be

pinchbeck
December 11th, 2011, 04:07 PM
Not sure if I am at waist, but think I am. Joining this thread will be my commitment to not cut my hair as I have done multiple times during my hair growth journey. I found not obsessing over the length got me where I am now with length.

I recently learned that leave in conditioner by Ion is better than the oiling I had been doing for the past few years. The oil would build up and make my hair more unmanageable and odd looking. My new comb from Hairsense (the rake version) is also helping to manage my tangles and when they are 'caught' by the comb they can be untangled with care.

Getting my length to my hips would be a dream and the first time in my life!

pes3108
December 11th, 2011, 07:12 PM
I am about an inch away from solid waist, but my ends are touching it!!

http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff397/pes3108/th_006.jpg (http://s1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff397/pes3108/?action=view&current=006.jpg)

my hair seems to be growing pretty quickly, but i don't know if hip by next November is realistic. Keeping my fingers crossed though, as I continue to pamper my hair!!:)

arwenevenstar37
December 11th, 2011, 07:46 PM
I'll join too!!! Hip is my goal and currently I just hit almost waist :) hopefully by next november I'll be at hip too :)

longhairedleah
December 11th, 2011, 07:46 PM
I hope being with you. My hair is newly waist now, when it is dry, it shrinks to BSL. So dry and hip seems not realistic, but wet and hip may be

Same here! Although I think I may be more like "just almost" waist than actually there. But I'm hoping by November i can get to hip (when wet/straight), with only S&D trims til then!

I'm joining! =)

sarahramen
December 12th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I just hit waist so this is the thread for me! I measured hip (the top of the bones, which is practically the same as waist on me) at 32 inches, 2 inches away. My goal this year is hip dry, unstretched, which will probably be a couple inches longer. Since I have such a tiny distance to go this year I decided to focus on hair health instead of length. I will be doing a microtrim of 1/4" or less every month or 2, to keep my splits to a minimum.

so, what are the buns that everyone can do at this length? my lineup consists of a cinnamon bun, lazy wrap bun and a really crappy equilibrium bun.

gazelle
December 15th, 2011, 06:08 AM
so, what are the buns that everyone can do at this length? my lineup consists of a cinnamon bun, lazy wrap bun and a really crappy equilibrium bun.

Although my length is near to you, I am new to buns. I am sure there will be more informational messages, but I want to mention that braided cinnamon bun is comfortable and easy for me.

Also I newly learnt the pencil bun. It worked with my dirty hair very well. (But it falled with clean hair after a while:rolleyes:)

PriscillaCherel
December 15th, 2011, 06:14 AM
I am over Waist! Now going to hip:D

Amber_Maiden
December 15th, 2011, 08:27 AM
I am over Waist! Now going to hip:D

Awesome! Same here!!! I'm at 32in now!!!:D

Kelikea
December 16th, 2011, 05:00 AM
I just hit waist so this is the thread for me! I measured hip (the top of the bones, which is practically the same as waist on me) at 32 inches, 2 inches away. My goal this year is hip dry, unstretched, which will probably be a couple inches longer. Since I have such a tiny distance to go this year I decided to focus on hair health instead of length. I will be doing a microtrim of 1/4" or less every month or 2, to keep my splits to a minimum.

I do Chinese bun, infinity bun, knot bun(actually, that probably needs more length), you can see them all in my album:)

Here is my latest length shot, after a trim:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8987&pictureid=121123dry
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8987&pictureid=121322damp
My hand is at tailbone! Is this hip? The sides need to catch up...

Amber_Maiden
December 16th, 2011, 07:07 AM
I do Chinese bun, infinity bun, knot bun(actually, that probably needs more length), you can see them all in my album:)

Here is my latest length shot, after a trim:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8987&pictureid=121123dry
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8987&pictureid=121322damp
My hand is at tailbone! Is this hip? The sides need to catch up...

Wow! You're almost a hip!
Where you're hand is, I'd say it's TBL.

MoreWhenNuh
December 16th, 2011, 01:54 PM
I think this is the thread for me! I have 2-3 inches till hip I think. It's hard to tell. It might be just an inch or 2.

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m564/WennaDale/hair2-2.jpg

I'm going to do a lot of trimming over the next year to get rid of the dry dyed ends and let some of my side layers catch up. So it may take me a whole year to get there!

AlabasterAlice
December 16th, 2011, 01:59 PM
I'll join this. :) My hair is just barely at waist now, so now I'm on to hip!

I have about 4-5" to go to get there, and I hope my hair can do that in a year. It used to grow a good 6-7" in a year (and that's being modest!) but I don't think it grows that quickly now. Probably has something to do with how bad my health is nowadays. :/

dulce
December 16th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Just reached waist so am coming here! Yay! My goal is tailbone or hip if my hair will grow that long?Time will tell.

Amber_Maiden
December 16th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Welcome to all the newcomers! :)

Spring
December 16th, 2011, 08:01 PM
I think this is the thread for me! I have 2-3 inches till hip I think. It's hard to tell. It might be just an inch or 2.

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m564/WennaDale/hair2-2.jpg

I'm going to do a lot of trimming over the next year to get rid of the dry dyed ends and let some of my side layers catch up. So it may take me a whole year to get there!

You look like you've reached hiplength already and you're on your way to tailbone :p

MoreWhenNuh
December 16th, 2011, 08:51 PM
:) I thought maybe it was really close. Maybe another inch or so to be absolutely sure it's at the widest part of my hips. I think I'm gonna trim an inch or 2 off soon too. I guess I'm a little doubtful of my length now that I've joined LHC. I thought it was really long till I came here and saw classic and beyond! :D

Nannanej
December 19th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Okay, so.. as far as I know ..I'm at solid waist now, and I think I have around 4 inches to go before I reach hip. That should take me 10-11 months, so I guess this is totally my new home :D

bunzfan
December 19th, 2011, 07:27 AM
I'm getting so close to waist, hips are just round the corner because i'm low waisted this was took today to show off the flexi 8

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/5732/dscf9210o.jpg
By wavyone (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/wavyone) at 2011-12-19

So i should defiantly be at hip by next November:)

Kricket
December 19th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Yaaay! I will have to join. I was originally going to cut off my hair because the job I start this summer isn't conducive with so much hair, but until then at least, I will see if I can get it to hip. I'm a little past hip, so hopefully in a few months I'll be at hip and maybe by the summer my ends will be thicker.

wicked kisses
December 19th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Hey, count me in. I don't have a good siggy pic yet, but I'm planning on it.
I've been growing out for about ten years now, and it's almost back to hip length on me... problem is, I'm having a 'weight' problem, as in, if I don't put it in a braid or up, it pulls on the front of my scalp, and feels like it's going thin up there.
:eyebrows:

Oh, and H'lo all, I guess I'm kinda new here.

To be nobody but yourself--in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else-- means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.

- EE Cummings, poet

ArienEllariel
December 19th, 2011, 10:34 PM
I should be waist by Valentines day... so is this possible do you think?

Callque
December 24th, 2011, 07:58 AM
I'm in!!! I'm currently 1.75 inches away from waist, and hip is only 2 inches away from waist.

So, 3.75 inches until I'm at hip. :D Plus, I am in the no trimming in 2012 club. :)

This was on Dec. 20:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?u=44773&dateline=1324734093&type=profile

Good luck everyone!!!!!! :)

Callque
December 24th, 2011, 08:00 AM
I should be waist by Valentines day... so is this possible do you think?

Well how many inches will it take for you to get from waist to hip?

MsBubbles
December 24th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Progress update...well I got another inch closer to hip but my ends are not presentable and most of my length wafts and floats as if filled with helium. I really think I am going to have to maintain here at 34" for the remainder of time til Nov 2012! I'd like to be at hip with a solid, discernible hemline rather than floating fluff!

kaiakai
December 26th, 2011, 03:39 PM
I think I'm going to lurk in this club :)

Centifolia
December 27th, 2011, 03:42 PM
I'm in!

I about an inch or two away from hip, but since I plan on trimming a lot this next year that seems a nice goal. Maybe trimming half an inch every three months?

I also need to take a new photo of my lenghts.

Zesty
December 27th, 2011, 06:30 PM
I should be in for this. I have a few more inches to go (pretty sure it's less than five, though I don't keep close track), but I won't be satisfied I'm hip until the ends are reasonably thick, so I think November 2012 is a safe goal. :)

Maelyssa
December 27th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Well I'm one inch past waist and I'm hoping to make hip by then. Wish I had some pics to post.

Amarante
December 28th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Ok, I'm jumping in. I'm newly waist, and should be able to make it. :)

Kelikea
December 29th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Here is my latest pic 12.29.2011 My hand is at tailbone.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8987&pictureid=122260

Avienda
December 29th, 2011, 08:36 PM
This is the place for me atm! I'm about 1 inch below waist right now, and will be to hip by summer most likely!

gthlvrmx
December 31st, 2011, 06:47 PM
Im in this! Ill be there before november hopefully!! :D

ElusiveMuse
December 31st, 2011, 06:48 PM
I'm just barely at waist and I'm not sure if I can make it in 10 months to hip so I will tentatively lurk in this thread. :)

VONNiiE
December 31st, 2011, 07:37 PM
Just the perfect thread! THANKS! :)

SoulOfTheSea
December 31st, 2011, 07:44 PM
My hair is so close to hip now. It's at hip when it's wet in the shower, and it's like an inch past waist now. Just a little bit longer. :)

AnnaJamila
December 31st, 2011, 08:58 PM
Here I am!!! Here's hoping! :gabigrin:

hanne jensen
January 4th, 2012, 10:01 AM
I'm going to join this thread if I may. I want to be hip length by Xmas 2012. I only need 8 cm to waist. Before you start kicking me off this thread, please let me explain. I have a VERY short waistline. I measured it-under 2 cm! It's very hard for me to differenciate between waist and hip.

LisaMonster
January 4th, 2012, 10:03 AM
I'm hoping for longest layers at hip by the end of the year, November would be great. Longest layers at at waist now.

Misty'sMess
January 5th, 2012, 01:32 AM
This is so where I belong, I have been at waist for about four/five months now and can't wait to reach hip. At the moment it is the longest it's ever been and I really want to break my personal record all the more.

ladylovecraft
January 5th, 2012, 02:10 AM
Can someone please define where hip is for me? Obviously it's at hip level, but where on the back? Can someone make a picture in paint with a line across or something?

bunzfan
January 5th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Can someone please define where hip is for me? Obviously it's at hip level, but where on the back? Can someone make a picture in paint with a line across or something?

You could always take a picture wear you can see you waist and hip i.e just wearing a bra on your top half and then draw lines across with photo bucket, thats what i did to see where waist was on me :)

Amber_Maiden
January 31st, 2012, 08:01 PM
Let's keep it alive here people!!! Anyone growing???

SoulOfTheSea
January 31st, 2012, 08:07 PM
Let's keep it alive here people!!! Anyone growing???

I am about two inches past waist at the moment! Only about two more inches left to go! :joy:

lunalocks
February 1st, 2012, 04:24 AM
I am just about to hit hip! I may have to have a mini trim before I do.

LocustSpawning
February 1st, 2012, 04:28 AM
Aaaaaaaagh I can't wait till I'm at hip.... won't be there by November though >: ( Good luck everyone!

Jesabel
February 1st, 2012, 05:40 AM
I could be near here if I didn't have to trim out dead ends as I grow.. sighh

StormVixen
February 1st, 2012, 05:44 AM
I think I *might* actually be at hip when I pull my hair straight! Shame it sproings all the way back up to shorter than waist tho...

Amber_Maiden
February 1st, 2012, 06:14 AM
I think I *might* actually be at hip when I pull my hair straight! Shame it sproings all the way back up to shorter than waist tho...

My hair is also at hip when I pull it straight- but it springs back to just past waist when I let go! :( More growing for us curlies and wurlies.

Phalaenopsis
February 1st, 2012, 07:12 AM
I'm growing too! Just 3 more centimeters (a good inch) and I'll be at hip again :)

Kelikea
February 3rd, 2012, 08:30 PM
Here are two more recent pics:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8987&pictureid=123672
The first one is from Jan. 12 and shows off my waist and my hair ending about an inch above my BC.

The second is from Feb. 2 and looks to be almost grazing TB.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8987&pictureid=125617

I think my sides have finally gotten to or past waist. Sorry for the inconsistent shots, but HB hates me showing off my BC, so I went back to the "hand at TB" even though it probably moves with each take.

What do you think? Can I call this hip?

Shesta
February 4th, 2012, 12:16 AM
Definitelly! Your hair is so beautiful with all the curls. I wish mine looked like this.. ah! simply gorgeous! :crush:

Elenna
February 4th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Waist length going for tail bone length actually.

Kitsu
February 7th, 2012, 05:18 AM
oh a challenge I think I'll join this although its a little late. I can always hope for a summer spurt to help out ^^

Amber_Maiden
February 7th, 2012, 06:07 AM
oh a challenge I think I'll join this although its a little late. I can always hope for a summer spurt to help out ^^

All in this together! I think all of us wish for growth spurts! :)

StellaKatherine
February 7th, 2012, 06:29 AM
I would realy like to join! I guess it is now the wais length or little lower as my braid hits my waist now. Hopefully my hairdresser won't cut too much when i go next time... I will pray for only giving me a nice hem and unhealthy ends off, just little bit of cut and nothing else.... And otherwise i am in for the adventure from waist to hip <3

StormVixen
February 7th, 2012, 07:03 AM
I just cut my hair a little more than I intended, I *may* just reach hip whilst wet by November :P

Mayflower
February 7th, 2012, 07:23 AM
I cut 6 inches in the last 1,5 month so I'm not really sure I'm gonna make it by november lol. I cut the really long pieces (the longest layer which was basically see-through) so I'm solid waist with a straight hemline, but I have a long torso.
Maybe I'm gonna cut all the growth I get this year in order to get rid of the layers (or at least some) because why having hiplenght hair if I'm not happy with how it looks.

Kitsu
February 7th, 2012, 10:40 AM
When I got my trim it really was not too bad. Sure they wanted to take more off but I told them that I only wanted a very little amount off. they cut a slight U in. I think it helped that my friend told the stylist that I'd had very bad hair experiences before, she made it sound like I'd been traumatized lol

StormVixen
February 7th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Wow, I'm quite upset with myself... I was way too scissor happy with that trim :(
Now that my hair's all curled up and dry, its gone from Waist (curly) to BSL (curly) and one side is noticeably longer than the other from the front, tho my mum says it looks good from the back... I was aiming to just create a nice deep V hemline... but screwed it up, I guess... I'm going to let it grow out to Waist (curly) then try to find a reputable (but affordable) stylist who'll do the deep V properly... then I'll continue growing that out to hip with just S&D maintenance...

It is REALLY nice to have nice freshly cut ends, with none of the weird bits left from my last (&#163;70 rip-off!) salon cut :D

Artsygirl71
February 7th, 2012, 01:34 PM
ugh, I have 7 inches to go for Tailbone length......

patience isn't my strongest quality.......but I am hangin' in

Glorylocks
February 7th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Right now I'm between waist length and tailbone length. My hair is 31 inches. I don't have too far to go until I reach hip length! I know I'm a little late on joining in on this but I just became a member of LHC and I'm just so excited!! I'll be sure to post a picture of my hair sometime soon! Also the bottom layer of my hair, the hair that grows underneath the rest of my hair (I hope that made sense) is really course and damaged..does anyone know of any ways I can help that section of hair along so that its not as dry, course, and damaged?
Thanks so much! Jesse

Kelikea
February 7th, 2012, 06:08 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=117338&albumid=8987&dl=1319761818&thumb=1http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=125617&albumid=8987&dl=1328270573&thumb=1
July2011-Feb2012 growth with 1 trim:)

I guess I have graduated to hip length. (The other waist to hip thread agreed I was hip or past.) My hair touched TB when wet in the shower. I guess my next goal is TB. I want it to really look like TB, I need the sides to catch up. Not sure if I want to go all the way to classic, but I've never been there, so...maybe?

Happy Growing!

Falcore
February 7th, 2012, 06:29 PM
A warm welcome to you Glorylocks!

Perhaps doing a weekly moisture treatment would help that damaged bit? Pretty much baby it but it might have to be cut out which you can do with micro trimming so you still get your length. How did it get damaged to begin with?

On another note, I too am sailing on my way to hip. I will be there before Nov but I need to trim out more damage so hopefully full hip and healthy ends by Nov!

Falcore
February 7th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Congrats Kelikea on hip length! Looks great.

We need a thread from graduating from this ones called "hip to tailbone" lol

Kelikea
February 7th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Right now I'm between waist length and tailbone length. My hair is 31 inches. I don't have too far to go until I reach hip length! I know I'm a little late on joining in on this but I just became a member of LHC and I'm just so excited!! I'll be sure to post a picture of my hair sometime soon! Also the bottom layer of my hair, the hair that grows underneath the rest of my hair (I hope that made sense) is really course and damaged..does anyone know of any ways I can help that section of hair along so that its not as dry, course, and damaged?
Thanks so much! Jesse

This part of my hair is what gets the most splits, I think because of rubbing on your back or because of ponytail damage. S & D as much as possible, condition, find something that creates "slip" in your hair. Try to bun without a ponytail (use a stick, fork, etc.) Good Luck!

Glorylocks
February 9th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Well, I just realized that apparently I am at hip length! I guess I thought that hip length would be more upper thigh length I guess. Now that I think of it though that would make tailbone length before hip length..I guess I didn't really think that one through! =) So now I guess I'll be working on tailbone length! Does anyone know if there is a hip to tailbone thread? I searched for one and couldn't find it but didn't know if that's just because I have bad searching skills!:o Thanks so much!

Kitsu
February 9th, 2012, 02:35 PM
there is a waist to tailbone thread if that helps

hmmruka
February 10th, 2012, 01:50 AM
I am not sure if I am at hip or not yet. I havn't looked at the back in awhile... I do know it seems like I have been at waist forever. But I have wurly hair and a high waist so maybe that is why. I do not plan on going much past hip at this point though. I deffinetly should be at least hip by November and could have a much thicker hemline, or maybe tailbone with my current fairy tail ends. What length is full hip from the front? I almost think thats what I really want but how long is that in the back does anyone know?

holomi
February 10th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Just got a trim today. I think I'm back at waist. That's okay though, my hair was bugging me and now my ends feel great. :)

sweetestpoison
February 11th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Just got a trim today. I think I'm back at waist. That's okay though, my hair was bugging me and now my ends feel great. :)

I know how you feel! I am hoping i can still be part of this thread, but i'm not 100% sure i'll make it by November now

SoulOfTheSea
February 11th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Growing my hair out to hip during the winter is so hard. It makes me want to cut my hair to BSL or a shorter MBL... Oi vay.

bunzfan
February 12th, 2012, 01:21 AM
I get to join you all hip is only 2 inches away hoping the growth spurt continues hip is one of my favourite lengths.

Falcore
February 12th, 2012, 01:24 AM
Welcome bunzfan. You'll be at hip for sure by Nov :)

Becky9679
February 12th, 2012, 01:30 AM
Hmm, I think I'll join this one. I'm very nearly at waist right now and I think 10 months or so gives me enough time to get to hip ;)

Falcore
February 12th, 2012, 01:44 AM
Welcome to you too Becky9679. I've seen pics of your hair and it's so pretty!

bunzfan
February 12th, 2012, 02:18 AM
Welcome bunzfan. You'll be at hip for sure by Nov :)

Thank you:D i still don't quite believe that i'm at waist i must of taken about 10 pictures in all different angles just to make sure, my hips looks more waist to me for some reason:rolleyes: i think in a month i will look defiantly there , it looks like i'm tilting my head back but i got told as a child i have a double crown.

Becky9679
February 12th, 2012, 02:23 AM
Welcome to you too Becky9679. I've seen pics of your hair and it's so pretty!

Aww, thank you! I love your name and avatar, The Neverending Story was such a cool film :)

jojo
February 12th, 2012, 05:54 AM
I am so near hip length, some hairs reach but im not claiming until I am a full hip which is around 33-34" on me. I am just short of 32" at present.

Ive straightened my hair in this photo to show length, though my hair is getting less wavy these days. I was planning on my next trim being in May but I am thinking of holding on until august when I should be 34.5" and then will trim off 1/2". I am growing better since introducing cod liver oils (for joints rather than hair but great side effect) and last month I was commenced on calcium supplements off my G.P. which are helping!

My present length taken yesterday, showing my true colour for once!
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/truecolour-1.jpg

Amber_Maiden
February 12th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Gorgeous colour jojo!! You'll get to Hip pretty quickly I think! :)

Falcore
February 12th, 2012, 06:19 PM
@bunzfan - Well we all think you're waist :) I know how you feel though when I look at my hair side on it doesn't look that long then I grab a mirror and go "oh no, it's still waist" and my face framing layer don't help me either grrr!

Can't wait to see your hair a hip!

@Becky9679 - I know, right? I use to watch it over and over as a kid. I guess it is the Neverending story after all!

I'll eventually put a pic up of my hair when I'm feeling better about it though. Hmm one day..

@Jojo - your hair looks so silky! I might have to buy some of those cod liver oil tablets, I think. ATM I'm taking prenatals (I'm not pregnant) and MSM. Have to wait til pay day, though.

PriscillaCherel
February 13th, 2012, 01:50 AM
I just cut 1 inch last week to thicken up my hemline and i love it, here we come hip length :) Hopefully end of may or June!

LadyJennifer
February 13th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Finally joining this thread! My hair seems to hit a stall right at waist and now I'm postpartum shedding, I should be done soon though. Last time I had pp shed I had growth spurt right after, so I'm hoping that happens again!

bunzfan
February 13th, 2012, 10:45 AM
@bunzfan - Well we all think you're waist :) I know how you feel though when I look at my hair side on it doesn't look that long then I grab a mirror and go "oh no, it's still waist" and my face framing layer don't help me either grrr!

@Becky9679 - I know, right? I use to watch it over and over as a kid. I guess it is the Neverending story after all!

I'll eventually put a pic up of my hair when I'm feeling better about it though. Hmm one day..

@Jojo - your hair looks so silky! I might have to buy some of those cod liver oil tablets, I think. ATM I'm taking prenatals (I'm not pregnant) and MSM. Have to wait til pay day, though.

Finally joining this thread! My hair seems to hit a stall right at waist and now I'm postpartum shedding, I should be done soon though. Last time I had pp shed I had growth spurt right after, so I'm hoping that happens again!

Oh thank you:D yeah the side are the longest bits i recently started taking cod lover oil capsules to and my hair certainly seems shiny and growing so maybe it was that, great for arthritis to. Thanks for encouragement.
When i had my last baby nearly 3 years a go i remember there being a fair bit of shedding but boy did it grow and still felt pretty thick. Your hair is lovely btw

constancev18
February 14th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Joining too! I have about 2.25 inches to go which should take me until Sept. Hopefully by Nov I'll have a fuller HL hemline (instead of 1 piece over HL) ;)

Falcore
February 14th, 2012, 06:27 AM
@ bunzfanOK- I'm so getting cod liver tablets now. I'll have to stop drooling over hair toys on Etsy so I can afford to buy them lol. Cool vid on the cheat nautilus too :)

@LadyJennifer & Constancev18 hello and welcome!

CTH3989
February 18th, 2012, 06:01 PM
I'm on my way towards hip and I am hoping to be there by June.

http://i54.tinypic.com/250hztc.jpg

Becky9679
February 19th, 2012, 02:01 AM
Ok, this is my official 'I'm at waist' photo. I'm sure I can reach hip in 9 months
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8088&pictureid=126673

Amber_Maiden
February 19th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Ok, this is my official 'I'm at waist' photo. I'm sure I can reach hip in 9 months

Wow! Lovely hair! And yes- I definitely think you'll be at Hip by November! :D

jojo
February 19th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Gorgeous colour jojo!! You'll get to Hip pretty quickly I think! :)
thank you, i hope so! im thinking june !

@Jojo - your hair looks so silky! I might have to buy some of those cod liver oil tablets, I think. ATM I'm taking prenatals (I'm not pregnant) and MSM. Have to wait til pay day, though. thank you, the cod liver has definately helped with my hair!

oh my im in love with your hair!

laurarvt
February 19th, 2012, 10:47 AM
I'm thinkin I can join you guys......I can't believe hip is not very far away!!!

PinkyCat
February 19th, 2012, 12:09 PM
I'll join!
I want to be TB by my wedding next February - so hip in November sounds pretty good to me! Good luck all!

Becky9679
February 20th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Thanks jojo and Amber_Maiden! You guys both have lovely hair too ;)

Kitsu
February 20th, 2012, 03:57 PM
come hair grrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwww wwwwww :s

Shesta
February 26th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Today is the day that I should have hit hip. But nooooooo! Growth is completely stalled for already a couple of months. Still have 2 inches to go. :(

Kitsu
February 27th, 2012, 04:42 PM
ok so I measured my hair its 29 inches from my hairline as of today for it to be at hip on my body that means it will have to be 33 or 34 inches. I've not worked out a growth rate for my hair yet but 5 inches is doable isn't it?

whimaway
February 28th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Hi I'd like to join this thread. :) I just reached waist when the curls are stretched, and my hair grows like a weed, so hopefully I should be to hip by next november! I may need a little trim in between though...

bunzfan
February 28th, 2012, 12:50 AM
I took another picture yesterday and i look like waist properly now and i think hip is only 2 inches away what do you all think hip is the next bright pink stripe down from my waist

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/2215/015naw.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/99/015naw.jpg/)

Ryanne
February 28th, 2012, 02:26 AM
I'll join! I should've been past hip by now, but growth is stalling or getting curlier, and it's still stuck at waist mostly (unstretched).
So the target of this thread is more feasible than the tail-bone one.

Chibbylick
February 28th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Well here I am, back to waist after a stupid hair cut, where I walked in with ends I could tuck into my jeans, asked for a trim, and came out at waist :(
I want to get to classic, so this is my thread for now!

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd283/chibbylick/IMG_0523.jpg

gah sorry it is so big!

bunzfan
February 28th, 2012, 03:49 AM
Love the picture chibbylick is that your little girl her face is priceless :lol: sorry about your hair cut i bet your so mad least you have super healthy ends now and your hair looks so beautiful and thick now.

owlathena
February 28th, 2012, 03:51 AM
I might have already posted in this thread, but I'm at waist now and hopefully will be at or passed hip by November! (BCL would be a wonderful birthday present :D )

tigereye
February 28th, 2012, 04:09 AM
I think I'm only an inch or so away in my longest strands now, though my layers are miles behind. I don't mind though, because I like the v-cut and the shape my layers give. Only a couple of months to go, hopefully *crosses fingers*

Shesta
March 3rd, 2012, 11:50 AM
I'm two inches away from hip, but my growth is so inconsistent for the last few months that I start to doubt myself if I'll ever reach it by November. For both January and February my growth is exactly 0!!

Amber_Maiden
March 3rd, 2012, 04:45 PM
I'm two inches away from hip, but my growth is so inconsistent for the last few months that I start to doubt myself if I'll ever reach it by November. For both January and February my growth is exactly 0!!

Don't worry- I'm not growing that much either :(

Kitsu
March 3rd, 2012, 04:57 PM
Checking in for Marches Hair in :3

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9903&pictureid=127693

My waves eat length a little but pulled out i'm a smidgen over waist. Hoping to get to just past waist with a wave by June :3

Strelitzia
March 4th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Well I guess I'm joining pretty late but here's hoping for an awesome growth spurt in summer :D!!
I'm definitely at WL right now but think a little trim might be needed to give a more solid hem... can't decide! I'll have to measure to see how far I've got to go, a rough guess is 5 inches. Haven't had a hair length goal before, rather exciting :cheese:

Alva
March 4th, 2012, 04:40 PM
I am chiming in also! I recently passed waistlength again and my next goal is of course hip! However, I might get there quite soon, cuz I got a really short back and I think its at max 3 inches for me to get there! Next to that it grows quite fast, it sometimes goes up to an inch a month. I will just see where it leads, for now, I am here :D

Spinny
March 5th, 2012, 02:48 PM
I just measured - I think my length is to the top of my hips, but my goal is really to be at...is there another term?...butt-dimple length by November. :laugh:

Maybe not everyone has those butt dimples, and won't know what I'm talking about, I don't know.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7056/6810925814_6979f821a1.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/41468443@N04/6810925814/)

constancev18
March 5th, 2012, 03:31 PM
My longest strands are almost there--I'm thinking May/June if I exercise. But the bulk of my hair should make it by Nov.

Falcore
March 5th, 2012, 05:10 PM
@Kitsu - I love your waves :)

@ Spinny LOL! Butt dimple length you make it sound like cellulite! Hehe I know what you're talking about, though - kind of like two dents on your very lower back (I have them too.)

Spinny
March 5th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Yes - THAT! Not cellulite, lol! :D

Clem_Dela
March 5th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Totally joining this thread, I'm dying to hit classic.... But one thing at a time!

Kitsu
March 6th, 2012, 03:52 AM
@Kitsu - I love your waves :)

Thank you ^^ I keep meaning to try heat free curls but I dont want to lose the length! lol

Shesta
March 7th, 2012, 12:14 PM
I just measured - I think my length is to the top of my hips, but my goal is really to be at...is there another term?...butt-dimple length by November. :laugh:

Maybe not everyone has those butt dimples, and won't know what I'm talking about, I don't know.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7056/6810925814_6979f821a1.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/41468443@N04/6810925814/)

Very pretty wave pattern! I wish mine did the same thing but .. noooo.. it's getting straighter and straighter each day :(

DarkSky
March 11th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Well I measured my hair today and I'm definitely at my goal length which is 28in or waist! Yippeeeee!!! When I let my hair go curly it's only an inch to a half inch above that since my back layers are 2a/b. Anyways I really thought this is as far as I want to go with my hair length and that waist would be plenty long enough but I'm considering going maybe 1 or 2 inches more. Perhaps not hip length but more between hip and waist. Who knows!!! Isn't this how it tends to work out. You become addicted to growing?

Amber_Maiden
March 12th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Well I measured my hair today and I'm definitely at my goal length which is 28in or waist! Yippeeeee!!! When I let my hair go curly it's only an inch to a half inch above that since my back layers are 2a/b. Anyways I really thought this is as far as I want to go with my hair length and that waist would be plenty long enough but I'm considering going maybe 1 or 2 inches more. Perhaps not hip length but more between hip and waist. Who knows!!! Isn't this how it tends to work out. You become addicted to growing?

Congrats! And yes, you become addicted to growing- and you realize how short your hair is compared to some LHC members! lol

Becky9679
March 19th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Today's monthly growth photo - my thumbs are at my hips (please ignore the fact that my hair is in dire need of a wash :p). Hip isn't looking that far away!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8088&pictureid=129105

Amber_Maiden
March 19th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Today's monthly growth photo - my thumbs are at my hips (please ignore the fact that my hair is in dire need of a wash :p). Hip isn't looking that far away!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8088&pictureid=129105

Very nice growth!! And love the dress btw!:D

Becky9679
March 19th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Very nice growth!! And love the dress btw!:D

Thank you on both counts ;)

I wear the dress for length photos to give an easier comparison with my past length photo (the one on the left in my signature) as I was wearing it then.

Firefly
March 19th, 2012, 10:53 AM
I've been reluctant to join this thread, because I'm just not sure I'm going to be able to reach hip by November. If I have my normal increase in hair growth over the summer, then maybe... last summer though, I really stalled during the warmer months-- very unusual for me! Ah well, I'm going to think positively and jump in! :)

PinkyCat
March 22nd, 2012, 10:58 AM
Here's my latest - 33". November here I come!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7960&pictureid=129345

Safira
March 23rd, 2012, 05:27 AM
Hello everyone. So, I´m bit confused about hip lenght. I´m asking your opinions, if I´m at hip lenght or not.
I don´t have hips, I have straight body figure so I don´t know...

My hands are at waist, ends are not combed as you can see =)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8673&pictureid=129407

And in other ankle, ends are combed but because of my shapeless waist/hipline I´m unsure...
I have very long hips, I don´t know how to explain it, I have long back but my waist is high.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8673&pictureid=129408

What do you think? Hips or waiting?

bunzfan
March 23rd, 2012, 05:31 AM
You look hip to me i think i can see the curve of your hips on the first picture.

Amber_Maiden
March 23rd, 2012, 05:54 AM
You are definitely at hip, on your way to TBL!

Shesta
March 23rd, 2012, 07:19 AM
Ta-ta-dam!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8514&pictureid=129409

After a stall and huge shed for several months, taking this picture yesterday made me realize that I actually have some growth and I'm getting closer to hip if not hitting it already. :D

What do you, guys, think? :)

Amber_Maiden
March 23rd, 2012, 07:56 AM
Ta-ta-dam!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8514&pictureid=129409

After a stall and huge shed for several months, taking this picture yesterday made me realize that I actually have some growth and I'm getting closer to hip if not hitting it already. :D

What do you, guys, think? :)

You are at hip!

bunzfan
March 23rd, 2012, 08:09 AM
I'm jealous ladies it will be the summer before i'm there i think...

Safira
March 23rd, 2012, 08:40 AM
Bunzfan and AmberMaiden, thank you, I´m at hip, at last =) :cheese:

Kitsu
March 23rd, 2012, 03:03 PM
I want to update but i have to wait 4 ore days for it to of been a full month of growth since my last update *is excited*

Amber_Maiden
March 23rd, 2012, 07:32 PM
Apparently I am at hip!!! My husband measured my hair- 33in... still... but my TBL is at 35. He made me stand straight, and he measured to where my hips were as well, and where my hair ended. Apparently I haven't been standing so straight in my pics, and my pregnant belly makes me lean a bit. ..

Wish me luck guys! TBL by the end of the summer I'm hoping!!! I'll still be cheering you all on!!

Safira
March 23rd, 2012, 09:22 PM
Together we´re aheading TBL-lenght!

Shesta
March 24th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Well done, Amber! :) Shall we all move to the other thread? :p

bunzfan
March 24th, 2012, 01:29 PM
*sob* little me is still here ....

JellyBene
March 24th, 2012, 01:32 PM
I am nowhere near ready to officially post on this thread but you ladies certainly help give the inspiration I need to keep growing! :D

Amber_Maiden
March 24th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Together we´re aheading TBL-lenght!

Well done, Amber! :) Shall we all move to the other thread? :p

Let's do it! :D

Falcore
March 25th, 2012, 01:50 AM
Apparently I am at hip!!! My husband measured my hair- 33in... still... but my TBL is at 35. He made me stand straight, and he measured to where my hips were as well, and where my hair ended. Apparently I haven't been standing so straight in my pics, and my pregnant belly makes me lean a bit. ..

Wish me luck guys! TBL by the end of the summer I'm hoping!!! I'll still be cheering you all on!!

Congrats, Amber on making hip!! We've got similar hair so I'm now looking to you as my inspiration :)

Falcore
March 25th, 2012, 02:03 AM
*sob* little me is still here ....

*Sigh* Me too.. but getting close! I always get a lil' confused about where hip is. Do you go by the bones sticking out at the front? Or do you go further up where the crest of the hip is? It's so confusing! (to me anyway.) :rolleyes:

bunzfan
March 25th, 2012, 02:45 AM
*Sigh* Me too.. but getting close! I always get a lil' confused about where hip is. Do you go by the bones sticking out at the front? Or do you go further up where the crest of the hip is? It's so confusing! (to me anyway.) :rolleyes:

I go by the front its much easier :lol: and i think that's how most people see hip length. About 2 inches to go.

MissBiss
March 25th, 2012, 03:20 AM
I'm on my way towards hip and I am hoping to be there by June.

http://i54.tinypic.com/250hztc.jpgWow! What a lot of shrinkage.

Kitsu
March 29th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Monthly picture and measure here I'm up to 30.2" now from my hair line :3

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9903&pictureid=129795

Sorry for the odd side veiw agle but the DB was agitated with me for some reason and would only take one photo lol

lapushka
April 8th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Just reached WL, and this seems like fun, so I'm in! :) :D

jesis
April 8th, 2012, 10:59 AM
For me, waist is almost 32", but hip is only about 3" below that. My body is weird lol. Wish I could join you ladies! Good luck!

bunzfan
April 8th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Glad there's still some of us left i was getting near hip but i trimmed so i'm back at waist.

Freckled.Thing
April 8th, 2012, 11:37 AM
So I've been at waist for a while but I don't really know where hip is on me. I suppose if I get very lucky I might reach hip by November. Unfortunately my hair seems to go very slowly so I'm not too optimistic.

kaiakai
April 11th, 2012, 12:58 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9391&pictureid=130604

It looks like I've gained about an inch since December. MAYBE. :/

bunzfan
April 11th, 2012, 02:50 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9391&pictureid=130604

It looks like I've gained about an inch since December. MAYBE. :/

But your hair looks so fantastic it looks so healthy. We will all get there :)

Clem_Dela
April 16th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Well just now i went to measure (for the first time in several weeks) to see exactly how far i was from hip, only to discover that my hair grew TWO INCHES!

It's at 31 inches now, and when i checked, hip is 32 inches for me... i'm so close! might have to leave this thread soon.

CTH3989
April 18th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Wow! What a lot of shrinkage.

Yes it is!

Updated pic: http://i39.tinypic.com/96x5ph.jpg