PDA

View Full Version : To nobody in particular but especially you.

Kes
November 1st, 2011, 03:45 PM
Just a short little message to thank you all for your help, experiences and advice.
I have not been a member very long but in a short while have discovered the horrors of cones - and banished them. Discovered great ideas for styling meaning I have not used my hairdryer in many weeks. That combined with the COC wash, has massively improved the condition of my hair. I have a Yemini color that I really really love. The down side - I have spent a fortune on newly discovered hair toys and bits and bobs to create my own hair sticks, as I now know how to use them. Thank you, thank you oh and thank you.
Wishing you all good health, happiness and lengthening silky tresses.
Your all fantastic

Rocket22
November 1st, 2011, 04:13 PM
Awe how sweet. Even though it's not for me per say. I hope you continue to enjoy your hair and the wonderful people here that will teach you what they have learned, as you will someday pass it on to other new members :)

spidermom
November 1st, 2011, 04:18 PM
I'm glad that you're enjoying the community here and all that you've learned, but I'm not sure what you mean by "the horrors of cones". My hair responds very well to a little coney serum; I love it.

CavySong
November 1st, 2011, 04:25 PM
Can I also express my gratitude? Thanks to LHC my hair is in the best condition it has ever been in, and I have only been around about 6 weeks. Yes, I did find some great new products and toys, but I also found Catherine's (George Michael) Salon, in Woodbridge, VA. What a blessing.

Kes
November 1st, 2011, 04:26 PM
but I'm not sure what you mean by "the horrors of cones". My hair responds very well to a little coney serum; I love it.

The roots of my hair were always greasy, I was having to wash every other day. Then my no matter how much I conditioned the ends felt crunchy. Now it is washed every 5 - 6 days and feels silky down its whole length. I also knew when my hair 'needed' washing as my scalp just above the nape of my neck would itch so badly I would make my scalp bleed scratching - very elegant sight :eyebrows:. For me no cones = Happy hair.

McFearless
November 1st, 2011, 04:59 PM
Your avatar is just the cutest :)

silverjen
November 1st, 2011, 06:35 PM
Amen sister. This is the best site!

teal
November 1st, 2011, 06:36 PM
Yes! Thank you to everyone for your various bits of advice! :) Thanks to you my hair is in the best shape it's been for years. Decades, even. :flower:

Maelyssa
November 1st, 2011, 07:11 PM
Glad to hear you & your lovely locks are enjoying your experience here! Welcome aboard. :D

luxepiggy
November 2nd, 2011, 04:03 AM
I couldn't agree more. When I look back at my hair then vs. now, I'm amazed at the difference. I never would have thought it could change so much in such a short time - or that I could spend so much on hair stuff either (^(oo)~)

KwaveT
November 2nd, 2011, 06:21 AM
I imagine this website has helped many of us including me. I knew absolutely next to nothing about taking care of hair when I found this forum. I was ripping brushes through wet hair, drying my hair with a towel very roughly, making my oil and dandruff worse with shampoo that I was using, etc. It was a wonder that I am not bald from all this. I have learned much about hair supplements. I am not only growing my hair faster but taking much better care of it. I might be able to reach shoulder length by end of the year.

Delila
November 2nd, 2011, 10:23 AM
If it helps you feel any better, my hairtoy acquisitions have slacked off to nothing in recent years, so the embarrassment of riches I acquired early on have been quite useful. I'll probably have to go the rest of my life without buying more to convince myself that I'm saving money by trimming my hair myself, but that's okay by me. :)

(Though I am tempted to learn how to carve my own wooden hairtoys. Think that's a frugal hobby?)

Cowgirl16
November 2nd, 2011, 10:56 AM
I'm glad that you're enjoying the community here and all that you've learned, but I'm not sure what you mean by "the horrors of cones". My hair responds very well to a little coney serum; I love it.

Me too :D my hair loves Garnier Fructis