PDA

View Full Version : How to enhance or get some waves back?

vampyredolly
November 1st, 2011, 11:03 AM
I chopped my hair off years ago and went no-poo=

http://i41.tinypic.com/29dd1fs.jpg

went red.

most days are like this

http://oi55.tinypic.com/2yvqs01.jpg

and sometimes it's

http://oi55.tinypic.com/6nqmqa.jpg

what type of curl is that?

I'm a little below BSL and I noticed the longer I go, I seem to lose curl and it has a slight wave near the ends. I'm still no poo. I can hold no-heat curls for days opposed to heat. Would oil help?

moon2dove
November 1st, 2011, 11:14 AM
Sorry I can't answer your question :( But I will be interested in anyone who can, because I have the same thing. My hair was curly with frizzes, as my hair has grown - (bsl) - my curls have gone!!! Is this normal ?

Mayflower
November 1st, 2011, 11:25 AM
I used to have a lot more waves/curls when my hair was shorter too. Now I'm at waist lenght so my waves get really flat sometimes. Just try helping your hair abit by damp bunning -this gives me alot more waves and body than when I damp braid. This obviously manipulates your natural hair texture, but if your hair is naturally wavy the waves/curls last all day.

vampyredolly
November 1st, 2011, 11:51 AM
I seem to get more curls when my hair is shorter, super damaged or thinned out *too much* but long, thick and healthy please!

I always feel like a cheater when I do damp buns! But I suppose if no one knows.. :D

Amber_Maiden
November 1st, 2011, 12:08 PM
Try spraying it with water... that seems to help me.

Vanilla
November 1st, 2011, 12:28 PM
Oil probably won't help, because your curls are stretching with weight. I know aloe gel has always worked for me to define my waves.

kaned_ferret
November 1st, 2011, 04:09 PM
I actually find that oiling really brings out my curl, so worth a try! Everyone's going to be different, so get experimenting! Sadly it's a fact that the weight of longer hair will pull out curl / and wave patterns, but you can also aid their appearance by drying using methods such as "plopping" - it really does work wonders!

jaine
November 1st, 2011, 04:16 PM
How about some Caruso steam rollers? They are non-damaging and quick to use in dry hair.
(caveat: they only work for me if I don't have silicone in my hair, but if you're no-poo then you're probably not using silicone anyway.)

bobbsi
November 1st, 2011, 05:30 PM
You should try the Curly Girl Method. It can help on waves too!

Amber_Maiden
November 1st, 2011, 05:38 PM
ohhh I almost forgot- sea salt in a spray bottle! it's amazing and doesn't hurt your hair much at all.

bobbsi
November 1st, 2011, 05:42 PM
ohhh I almost forgot- sea salt in a spray bottle! it's amazing and doesn't hurt your hair much at all.

Although...if it's sunny the tiny salt crystals can work as lenses which can eventually damage the hair if done too often.

chou
November 1st, 2011, 06:26 PM
Have you tried an amla pack? It's very acidic and conditioning and makes my hair spring up into curls--you can see the difference in my albums.

But there are many possible reasons why your hair is straighter now that you may not be able to fix except with no-heat curl sets: the dye, no-poo, wave stretching with more length, etc.

Avital88
November 5th, 2011, 04:50 AM
yes i have a big head of curls when its short, but right now its just wurly and only curly if i really put products in it.that why i have some layers,because i like my curls,they make you look younger too.
To have curls i dont brush my hair(or comb) until it is completely dry or for more not brush at all:D