PDA

View Full Version : Can you type a pixie?

ScorpioMouse
November 1st, 2011, 09:26 AM
Good morning! I'm trying to type my hair, but it's kind of difficult at such a short length. I used to have STRAIGHT-straight hair, but when I cut it this year, all these wavies turned up. So now I don't know. Any help is appreciated! (And yes, I know there's color damage, we're working on that ;))

I've posted two pics in my album, as I can't figure out uploading them into a post. I'm not usually a luddite, but in this case....well, I am.

lapushka
November 1st, 2011, 09:45 AM
I think it's kind of hard to tell at that length. Maybe you're in the 2s? I'm not sure, though.

spidermom
November 1st, 2011, 10:31 AM
I think it's hard to type short hair. Some people lose body/wave with length, others get more of it. I couldn't type mine until it was arm pit length.

ScorpioMouse
November 1st, 2011, 10:46 AM
Thanks, you guys. Sigh. Maybe I'm jumping the gun. I hope the waves stick around, though, even when it's a bit longer.

HairFaerie
November 1st, 2011, 10:59 AM
It is hard to type short hair. When I had a pixie, it was super straight. As it approaches shoulder, I get a lot of waves. As it approaches BSL, the waves change again.

So, I would say it's hard to type hair at a few different lengths, not just pixie! :)

XcaliburGirl
November 1st, 2011, 11:34 AM
Yes, I'd say you are a 2 of some sort. Actually, my hair is straight on top and starts waving at my ear level when long, so it definitely changes as you grow. Right now I am at strangely grown out pixie length (SGOPL?), and my hair looks more like a 1C than the 2B that my hair is long.

If you want some support growing out, feel free to joing the Super Shorties thread:
Any Super-Shorties Out There??? (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=18405&page=812)

maborosi
November 1st, 2011, 11:43 AM
You might want to let it get a little bit longer before trying to type it.

Oh, and for the record, your avatar is just waaay too cute. :D

~maborosi~

uptosomeone
November 1st, 2011, 12:36 PM
One thing to think about: if you had straight hair, was that after letting it dry completely naturally after a shower? I thought I had 100% straight hair too, but after letting it dry au naturale ala hair typing method I realized I had enough bend to be a 1b. I'd just been wet combing every last remnant of bend out before. You may have been doing the same.

ScorpioMouse
November 1st, 2011, 01:21 PM
Xcalibur, I haven't hit the rocky part yet, but I know from experience that I'll be on the super-short thread as soon as I hit Mullet City and need to cry on someone's shoulder!

@maborosi, that's Peorth. She's a cutie! An antisocial pincushion, but she photographs well.

@uptosomeone, that's exactly right. I didn't know people *didn't* comb their hair after washing it! It's still fairly straight if I comb it, but even then, there are some flips and waves, so something's changed. But if I want to really be wavy, it's fingercombing for me.