PDA

View Full Version : Question about hair

RoseOfClare
October 31st, 2011, 06:05 PM
I have a question about hair. My hair grows relatively slow its taken about a year from it to go from SL to BSL. But I've recently noticed my hair is actually quiet strong, as in I can take a single strand that has fallen out from shed and actually pull it apart from one tip to the other and have it stretch quiet a bit before breaking.

Would anyone know what would cause this?:confused:

Yozhik
October 31st, 2011, 06:15 PM
Considering that the norm for hair growth is considered to be .5 " per month, growing hair from shoulder to BSL in only a year is normal, if not above-average growth rate. :)

As for your hair being strong, that's great, too! Some people do the exact same test to see if their hair needs more moisture or more protein.

Good hair health could be genetic, or could be based on your texture, diet, or some other factors. :)

RoseOfClare
October 31st, 2011, 06:24 PM
My hair is very fine. I didn't realize it was a way to test for moisture or protein. Guess my hair is just lucky lol. When ever I do CO it doesn't always seem to absorb so I always wondered about that too.

silverjen
October 31st, 2011, 07:14 PM
I'd say you have fast hair growth! It's going to take me a year and a half to get from shoulder to BSL, and my growth rate is exactly average.

RoseOfClare
October 31st, 2011, 07:39 PM
ive always been told my growth is slow i never knew what the average rate was

Nae
October 31st, 2011, 07:55 PM
Yeah, that sounds like pretty normal growth, depending on how tall you are can really make a difference too don't forget. It also sounds like you have nice strong hair! Everything is going well! Hang in there!

Amber_Maiden
November 1st, 2011, 02:46 PM
good job! strong hair and fast growth! lucky you!!!!