PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what to type my hair as!

isabelx
October 31st, 2011, 03:49 PM
So here's the problem, when clarified, completely clean and untouched my hair could easily be a 2c, little ringlets everywhere! :eyebrows:

But when I just shampoo and condition my hair and finger comb it afterwards it only looks around a 1c/2a.

So what can I say my hair type is? I very rarely see my 2c curls, sometimes I forget they even exist.

Since joining LHC I've changed my hair type about 7 billions times, I'm so confused as to what to put!

Also could this be evidence that my hair is damaged? when I was young and had complete virgin hair it was always 2c-looking.

Yozhik
October 31st, 2011, 03:56 PM
The first method you describe is the "proper" hairtyping method, so that's what I would call your true texture. With the second method, you're fingercombing your hair and thus affecting its texture.

Can you remind me what UBL length is? Could it be that your hair is still short enough that a definite texture is hard to define?

isabelx
October 31st, 2011, 03:58 PM
The first method you describe is the "proper" hairtyping method, so that's what I would call your true texture. With the second method, you're fingercombing your hair and thus affecting its texture.

Can you remind me what UBL length is? Could it be that your hair is still short enough that a definite texture is hard to define?

It stands for 'upper back length', between shoulder and APL :) and maybe, it's hard to determine my hair type because my longest strands are around 12 inches long, the rest are cut into layers.

spidermom
October 31st, 2011, 03:58 PM
I don't know what you should do, but I go with 2C because this is how my hair looks untouched. There are days when my hair looks 1B, but that isn't natural. The more I manipulate it, the straighter it gets.

isabelx
October 31st, 2011, 04:13 PM
I suppose it makes sense to type myself as my true texture, I just wish I could see it more often!

jojo
October 31st, 2011, 04:24 PM
I don't know what you should do, but I go with 2C because this is how my hair looks untouched. There are days when my hair looks 1B, but that isn't natural. The more I manipulate it, the straighter it gets.

sounds the same as me, wish i could stop messing with it!:)