PDA

View Full Version : I have no shampoo but oiled...

joflakes
October 31st, 2011, 12:12 PM
...I washed it this morning with lots of water and then conditioner bar but it still looks lank and oily!

I can't get to the shop anytime soon. What is a vaguely decent way of washing hair without anything bad and things I'll have? I have no ACV, have got bicarbonate of soda, baking powder....the usual!

(It is my fault, my shampoo and shower gel fell into a recess behind my shower cubicle where I can't reach!)

Amber_Maiden
October 31st, 2011, 12:15 PM
The baking soda will work! Just use a small amount in your hand and use a bit of water to make a paste. Wash your hair with that! :)

joflakes
October 31st, 2011, 12:22 PM
Right you are! It looks horrible! Fortunately today is the first day I managed to french plait the front of my hair :D

teela1978
October 31st, 2011, 12:28 PM
Do you have any conditioner? A CO wash does a much better job on oil than you'd expect!

spidermom
October 31st, 2011, 12:31 PM
I'd do very dilute dishwashing liquid. My hair doesn't get along with baking soda; it's too alkaline, and you'd need to follow with an acid rinse. You already said you don't have vinegar.

joflakes
October 31st, 2011, 12:34 PM
Teela - I only have a conditioner bar, no real conditioner!

Spidermom - good plan. I have used it before but wasn't sure whether or not it was really really bad!

spidermom
October 31st, 2011, 12:58 PM
I think you'll be o.k. if you dilute it a lot.

I once used full-strength Dawn dishwashing liquid to remove Vaseline from my hair after Halloween, and I don't remember that it did any damage. I didn't pay such close attention to my hair back then, but my hair from around that time looks good in pictures, not dried out and damaged.

DoubleCrowned
October 31st, 2011, 09:11 PM
You could try an egg wash. Be sure that you use cool water, though, or you will end up with bits of cooked egg in your hair.

joflakes
November 1st, 2011, 01:31 AM
No eggs at the moment either! haha.

I'll definitely be trying the washing up liquid later, unless I just go to my Dad's house (10 minutes walk away) to shower, haha.

Othala
November 1st, 2011, 04:34 AM
Use any bar soap you have and then do a diluted ACV rinse.