PDA

View Full Version : Guess it's time to announce reaching waist length :)

Dreams_in_Pink
October 30th, 2011, 11:20 AM
It's been a while since it reached waist in photos. But IRL it didn't feel that way (when i looked at my hair in a mirror i was always a few inches shorter) Today i took a picture and saw how my hair looked WL even with curly ends, so i decided to finally announce it :D

I'm not yet enthusiastic about this because most of the strands haven't reached waist yet. Front layers are even shorter than BSL and it's bringing me down :( I'm not doing any trims to even the difference though, i just value length over hemline.

Here are some photos because it did happen! LOL :D

Uncombed:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4555&pictureid=117527

Combed:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4555&pictureid=117528

shikara
October 30th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Congratulations! Care and patience pay off! Beautiful hair by the way!

Yozhik
October 30th, 2011, 11:32 AM
What pretty hair, Dreams in Pink! It's sure come a long way, and it looks great!

Personally, I really like the unbrushed photo and how marvelously it shows off your wurls. :crush:

einna
October 30th, 2011, 11:38 AM
It looks very good! Congrats on waist!

*Seraphina*
October 30th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Your hair is beautiful, I also like the colour. :)

morrigan*
October 30th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Congratulations :D!
Your hair looks awsome.

AlannaMaria
October 30th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Beautiful hair! I'm in pretty much the same boat right now. Congratulations!

Rocket22
October 30th, 2011, 12:08 PM
yay waist! that is awesome! I know how you feel not feeling it until all layers catch up.. I'm in that boat too

lapushka
October 30th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Congratulations on reaching WL!

crystalkiss
October 30th, 2011, 12:14 PM
I can't see pictures because I'm a n00b, but I can say:

1) The hair in your avatar is goooorrrgeous, oh my gosh. <3
2) CONGRATS!
3) "The Last Hairbender," LOL. Win.

Mountaingrrl
October 30th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Congratulations! Your hair looks really healthy, too!

Naphthylamine
October 30th, 2011, 12:51 PM
I just love your curls :flower: Congrats for reaching WL!

Accalia
October 30th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Congratulations! Wish I was there already...

ericthegreat
October 30th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Your hair has grown to such a beautiful length. And the condition is wonderful, its so full and thick even down to the ends even though you say you haven't trimmed them in some time. Keep up the great work!

EleanorD
October 30th, 2011, 01:31 PM
I can't wait to see it when I'm not a newbie anymore!

Sunny_side_up
October 30th, 2011, 03:38 PM
Your hair looks great! Very good progress indeed:)

Xi
October 30th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Congratulations on your lovely long wurls & curls!:blossom: Your hair also has such beautiful, rich colour. Happy growing! :)

McFearless
October 30th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Congrats!! Its not like just a few strands have hit waist, quite a lot of your hair is already there. Enjoy it :D

McFearless
October 30th, 2011, 04:32 PM

LOL that makes me laugh everytime.

Welcome to the lhc crystalkiss!:D

dulce
October 30th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Congrats!!

crystalkiss
October 30th, 2011, 04:58 PM
Thanks, McFearless! :D *waves*

KwaveT
October 30th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Congratulations on reaching waist. That is my goal just a long way away. I have to agree absolutely beautiful wave and color that your hair has.

Feng-Shui
October 30th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Congratulations!:flower:

Your hair is very beautiful.:)

getoffmyskittle
October 30th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Congratulations! :D

Kristin
October 30th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Congrats! Your waves are beautiful!

Amber_Maiden
October 30th, 2011, 07:37 PM
super cool!!!! lovely!

Dreams_in_Pink
October 31st, 2011, 02:18 AM
shikara, einna, *Seraphina*, morrigan*, AlannaMaria, lapushka, Naphthylamine, Mountaingrrl, Sunny_side_up, dulce, Feng-Shui, getoffmyskittle, Kristin, Amber_Maiden, Xi, Accalia

Thank you all so much! :cheese:

What pretty hair, Dreams in Pink! It's sure come a long way, and it looks great!

Personally, I really like the unbrushed photo and how marvelously it shows off your wurls. :crush:

Thank you!! Yes yes me too :p Who doesn't love how unbrushed hair looks!

yay waist! that is awesome! I know how you feel not feeling it until all layers catch up.. I'm in that boat too

Yep, because of these layers it's shorter than awesome right now. Can't wait till it's all one length!

I can't see pictures because I'm a n00b, but I can say:

1) The hair in your avatar is goooorrrgeous, oh my gosh. <3
2) CONGRATS!

1) Thanks a lot! :D
2) Thanks again XD
3) Congratulations for being the first person to notice that :)

Your hair has grown to such a beautiful length. And the condition is wonderful, its so full and thick even down to the ends even though you say you haven't trimmed them in some time. Keep up the great work!

I only trimmed twice and they were like microtrims. I stopped doing that when i realized i was only cutting the bottom longest layers which are already healthy and blunt :( it's the canopy that's damaged and much shorter.

Thank you, BTW :)

I can't wait to see it when I'm not a newbie anymore!

You'll get there before you know it! <3

Congrats!! Its not like just a few strands have hit waist, quite a lot of your hair is already there. Enjoy it :D

Thanks!! Not a lot, just the underlayers have hit the waist. Canopy's still somewhere ranging from APL to BSL.

Congratulations on reaching waist. That is my goal just a long way away. I have to agree absolutely beautiful wave and color that your hair has.

Thank you! Well, it fails to impress you when you have it because it never feels as long as you'd imagined :/ That's why most people change their goal length to longer lengths in time :D

maria_tasha
October 31st, 2011, 03:07 AM
your hair is awesome. So shiny and such beautiful curls/waves. Congratulations!

freckles
October 31st, 2011, 05:44 AM
congratulations!

junkyschristmas
October 31st, 2011, 09:39 AM
Congratulations! I feel inspired now ;)

Slinks
October 31st, 2011, 03:59 PM
:-) lovely hair ..

jojo
October 31st, 2011, 04:26 PM
congratulations, love the richness of your colour and the thickness is so pretty

thelittlestdoc
November 1st, 2011, 01:42 AM
So exciting! Waist is my current goal and I love to see pics when others reach it :)

Safira
November 1st, 2011, 08:16 AM
So beautiful hair you have! Gongratulations!

Mayflower
November 1st, 2011, 09:18 AM
Nice hair, looks a bit like mine when I take a picture with flash! Congratulations on reaching your goal!

Lapin
November 1st, 2011, 11:05 AM
***gaaassspppppp***

Your hair is gorgeous!
I have to admit, I'm a little biased because your hair is what my hair would (and may one day) look like when longer and healthier. You're my first hair twin, of sorts, only i'm a work in progress and you are a stunning inspiration!

XcaliburGirl
November 1st, 2011, 11:24 AM
It looks beautiful. I like the gradual lengths, especially in the uncombed picture that's how I want my hair to be.

Dreams_in_Pink
November 1st, 2011, 03:23 PM
maria_tasha, freckles, junkyschristmas, Slinks, jojo, thelittlestdoc, Safira, Mayflower, XcaliburGirl Thanks to all of you! :D

***gaaassspppppp***

Your hair is gorgeous!
I have to admit, I'm a little biased because your hair is what my hair would (and may one day) look like when longer and healthier. You're my first hair twin, of sorts, only i'm a work in progress and you are a stunning inspiration!

Wow i'm flattered! :o My hair isn't too healthy either, last few inches are trash, but it doesn't show in photos. Don't worry, you'll get there in no time :) The longer hair grows, the faster it grows :D