PDA

View Full Version : Sulfate after going no-poo

Lici1209
October 29th, 2011, 11:10 PM
So I've been using a non-sulfate shampoo (Yes to Tomatoes) for a few months and successfully transitioned. I came home though for a few days and had to use a sulfate shampoo. How far will this set me back? Is this starting over?

Vanilla
October 30th, 2011, 12:31 AM
So I've been using a non-sulfate shampoo (Yes to Tomatoes) for a few months and successfully transitioned. I came home though for a few days and had to use a sulfate shampoo. How far will this set me back? Is this starting over?

I think your transition has been enough time that it shoudnt make a difference.

When I shampooed with a SLS shampoo instead of a non SLS shampoo, I waited a little longer to shampoo with the non sulfate shampoo to get back to my normal routine (4 days instead of 3 days).

Roscata
October 30th, 2011, 03:43 AM
I used SLS shampoo after a year long break and I did not see any scalp set backs. If anything my scalp just got rid of build-up and I was able to go without washing for a couple of days longer (just this once). I guess using SLS shampoo on a regular basis upsets my scalp, but using it rarely is OK.

I hope that explanation helps! :D

oktobergoud
October 30th, 2011, 05:11 AM
I use both SLS and non-SLS shampoos all the time. I use the one with SLS once in a few weeks to clarify (I still use cones!) and I don't notice any difference...

Lici1209
October 30th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Awesome, thanks everyone!

Roscata
October 30th, 2011, 03:44 PM
You're welcome Lici1209! :D

Lici1209
October 30th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Sorry, more questions! So today my hair got really itchy and dandruffy, it was so weird! I'm torn though, should I use a sulfate dandruff shampoo (T/Gel) or try to keep going without? I don't want to set myself back, I guess once didn't do anything but I'm worried twice in one week will set me back.

Roscata
October 30th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Sorry, more questions! So today my hair got really itchy and dandruffy, it was so weird! I'm torn though, should I use a sulfate dandruff shampoo (T/Gel) or try to keep going without? I don't want to set myself back, I guess once didn't do anything but I'm worried twice in one week will set me back.

Why do you think that is?

vampyredolly
October 30th, 2011, 09:56 PM
It shouldn't. I was no poo for years until had to use it to fade my dyed hair. It feels bad when I use it but after it dries.. just a little poofy and goes back to the norm!

Lici1209
October 31st, 2011, 01:04 PM
I just worry since I'm removing so much of the oil that it will start over compensating and then get used to it again. Haha I'm not sure, it's probably just silly worries, just so happy I finally got through the transition phase I don't want to ruin it.