PDA

View Full Version : Pantene Smooth and Sleek, cones and body breakouts

Vanilla
October 29th, 2011, 07:57 PM
I used to use this line all the time when I was in high school. I saw they changed the name to "frizzy to smooth". Does anyone know if they changed the formulation?

The old one made my hair awesome, but it made my back break out super bad. Now that I'm using natural shampoo and conditioner, my skin has improved, but my hair isn't as healthy looking and as shiny when I used Pantene.

I know Pantene is super coney. Does anyone have any other recommendations that will make both my hair and skin happy?

jaine
October 29th, 2011, 08:02 PM
I have sensitive skin and I like cones...but I use a cone-free shampoo and conditioner in the shower so the runoff won't stick to my skin. Cones go on my hair afterwards in a controlled amount with a towel protecting my skin, and my hair stays up in a bun until it's dry. I use one of those clear coney shine serums...one with a short ingredient list so there are fewer variables

Amber_Maiden
October 29th, 2011, 08:04 PM
I used to use Pantene as well, but it also made me breakout. I stopped using conventional drug store shampoo and CO and turned to sls free CO&Poo from the healthstore.

turtlelover
October 29th, 2011, 08:07 PM
I get breakouts from Pantene on my back, but I also like it. My solution -- use a body wash that my skin likes AFTER finishing washing my hair!

Vanilla
October 29th, 2011, 08:12 PM
I have sensitive skin and I like cones...but I use a cone-free shampoo and conditioner in the shower so the runoff won't stick to my skin. Cones go on my hair afterwards in a controlled amount with a towel protecting my skin, and my hair stays up in a bun until it's dry. I use one of those clear coney shine serums...one with a short ingredient list so there are fewer variables

What's the name of the serum that you use? This sounds like a great idea!

Vanilla
October 29th, 2011, 08:13 PM
I get breakouts from Pantene on my back, but I also like it. My solution -- use a body wash that my skin likes AFTER finishing washing my hair!

What body wash do you use afterwards on your back?
I tried the proactiv body wash for breakouts and it didn't help a whole lot after using Pantene.

luxepiggy
October 29th, 2011, 08:18 PM
All of the Pantene formulations were revamped last year, so the new product will not be the same as the old Smooth & Sleek line. Opinions on whether the new formulas are better or worse seem to be about 50/50

No idea about the breakouts - I used Pantene for years and didn't experience any issues.

turquoisedays
October 29th, 2011, 08:47 PM
I've had breakouts in the past with Pantene and in fact I still use it, but I think it has diminished because I've used a body wash very consistently after washing my hair.

Panth
October 30th, 2011, 02:45 AM
Pantene always makes my forehead dry and scaley but I use it anyway. *shrug* I just try to make sure the run off doesn't get on my forehead and, if it does, I moisturise afterwards. I guess it's the strong SLS that does it.

WaitingSoLong
October 30th, 2011, 06:07 AM
I came here to say what luxepiggy said, and to add that I now use their Classic line and am not having trouble with it. I used to get bad backne and don't anymore, I wonder if this is why...interesting. Anyway, I always buy the shampoo and conditioner in one, then also the conditioner. It is my own version of CWC.

I don't find pantene's sulfates to be any stronger than other sulfate shampoos. I am always baffled that Pantene gets such a bad rap, it is the only poo for my hair. I just wish they had not changed their formulas. If their sulfates are so strong then why do I have to clarify once a month or so?

Vanilla
October 30th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Thanks for all your replies and your help. I'll be getting a travel size of Pantene shampoo and conditioner and report back!

Vanilla
December 1st, 2011, 06:31 PM
Reporting back! I tried their classic line and I love it! I really like the shampoo and conditioner in one and the separate conditioner. Thanks so much for all of your suggestions. :)