PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a protein treatment?

einna
October 29th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Hi. I need a protein treatment with hydrolysed protein, preferably keratin. It has to be without `cones and mineral oils, as I CO.
If someone has any recommendations for me, I will be very happy. :) Thanks!

Idjit
October 29th, 2011, 01:35 PM
My favorite is a gelatin treatment. This is the recipe http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/2/116257-pt-recipe-promised.html It's super easy and effective. I've found it's best if I whip it in the food processor for a little bit to make it foamy. Then it is much easier to apply.

Or I just take some neutral protein filler from sally's and mix it in a spray bottle with water. Then I just spritz it on my hair. That's even easier. I'm not sure what kind of protein is in there though.

Sookie
October 29th, 2011, 01:48 PM
That's amazing! I'm going to try it next time :D My hair loves protein!!

Beaglebuddy
October 29th, 2011, 06:40 PM
I really like Nexxus Emergencee and it does not have cones or mineral oil.
It does have hydrolyzed elasten, not keratin, and it also has collagen amino acids.
In fact here are the ingredients: water, collagen amino acids, polyacrylamidomethylpropane sulfonic acid, propylene glycol, hydrolyzed elastin, gelatin, methylparaben, DMDM hydantoin, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone.

Mina17
October 30th, 2011, 07:00 AM
This one's not keratin based, but for a protein treatment I love Hask Henna 'n' Placenta. It's so hard to find treatments without cones and this is cheap and easy to find in drugstores and works great on my hair.

einna
October 30th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Thanks for the answers! Now I have a few things to try! :D