PDA

View Full Version : Princess Hair...

lorig713
July 6th, 2008, 02:06 PM
I went for my follow-up orthopedic appointment last week (fractured hip...a story for another day). There were two x-ray techs trying to help. DH lifted me off the table and back to my chair and my single braid came along with us, the guy tech said “I love her hair. It's princess hair.” and the lady tech said “Oh, it's beautiful.” They asked the usual questions...how long did it take to grow hair that long, etc. DH later mentioned that the guy tech grabbed my braid and carried it along back to my chair. We thought that was cute. :)

So just a little princess hair story.

P.S. My hair is now 3” from knee and DH's is at waist length.

jenna
July 6th, 2008, 02:09 PM
isn't it great when people have such nice comments for you? so simple but can be a real spirit lifter, i think.

Xandergrammy
July 6th, 2008, 02:16 PM
You DO have princess hair, lori! I'm so sorry that you have a broken hip. Many prayers and positive thoughts to you for a swift healing. Sometime when you're feeling up to it, maybe you could get your DH to take a picture of you two and your hair? :flowers:

Blueneko
July 6th, 2008, 02:21 PM
You do have princess hair!!! :) It is awesome!

bohemian
July 6th, 2008, 02:23 PM
I love your hair on your pics!! You really DO have princess hair!! :D Thats such a lovely story!

Speedbump
July 6th, 2008, 03:03 PM
They indeed made the completely correct observation that you have princess hair. How astute of them, and kind to mention it! :D

lorig713
July 6th, 2008, 03:03 PM
isn't it great when people have such nice comments for you? so simple but can be a real spirit lifter, i think.

It's so nice! People can be so kind, especially when you need it the most. :)

lorig713
July 6th, 2008, 03:09 PM
You DO have princess hair, lori! I'm so sorry that you have a broken hip. Many prayers and positive thoughts to you for a swift healing. Sometime when you're feeling up to it, maybe you could get your DH to take a picture of you two and your hair? :flowers:

Hi Dear Friend Xandergrammy, Thank you for your dear wishes. The x-rays showed my hip is healing nicely and the pain is almost none at this point. I was just saying to DH that we should take some pictures...hmm, where is our camera??

I hope you are well! :flowers:

lorig713
July 6th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Blueneko, bohemian, Speedbump...

Thank you all very much! Life has been so hectic and my hair has definitely taken a backseat. To get such lovely comments from you all is so nice! :flowers:

kwaniesiam
July 6th, 2008, 03:21 PM
That is such a nice story and well deserved compliment :flowers: Hope you're on your way to a speedy recovery.

Ciel
July 6th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Don'tcha just love those nice hair comments. You do have princess hair by the way and I just love it. :)

SweetPea88
July 6th, 2008, 03:27 PM
What a wonderful story! You have incredibly beautiful princess hair! :flower:

Flaxen
July 6th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Oh, owie! :( Lori, I'm so sorry to hear that you broke your hip. :grouphug:

Indeed, you do have Princess hair, and what a fun compliment that was! :grin:

ole gray mare
July 6th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Yikes. So sorry about the hip! But yes, you DEFINITELY have the hair of a princess and the heart of a warrior! :flower:

Lady Verity
July 6th, 2008, 04:18 PM
That is so lovely! I especially like the way you had your very own braid-carrier.

DecafJane
July 6th, 2008, 04:26 PM
How nice of them to take the time to say such lovely (and true!) things. I really love the way they didn't let your hair drag on the floor - how thoughtful. :D Your hair is stunning.

I am glad your hip is healing and doesn't hurt so much any more. I hope it heals completely soon!!!

AprilElf
July 6th, 2008, 06:31 PM
That's a lovely story, and so cute with the guy carrying your braid.
I love your princess hair, and more pictures would be great! ;)
Very best wishes to you and your DH. :flowers:

Pegasus Marsters
July 6th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Aww that's lovely!

cindy58
July 6th, 2008, 06:36 PM
That's a lovely compliment! Sending you wishes for a speedy recovery!

Fee
July 6th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Get well soon lori :flowers: your hair is just stunning!

Teazel
July 6th, 2008, 07:38 PM
What a lovely story, and an astute observation! You have one of the most beautiful heads of hair on LHC, and that's saying something!

Best wishes for a trouble-free recovery. :flowers:

LongForLife
July 6th, 2008, 07:41 PM
:D You do have princess hair, what a perfect description of it. :) Hope you get better soon.

spidermom
July 6th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Best wishes to you and your princess hair. I'm so touched.

Angellen
July 6th, 2008, 09:57 PM
That's so very sweet! Your story made me all warm and happy inside. I hope you are feeling better soon. Best wishes to you. :flowers:

Elenna
July 6th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Lori sorry about your hip.

I always think of you as a fairytale mermaid. I like the princess title too for you.

katiana
July 6th, 2008, 10:28 PM
That was so lovely..thank you for sharing..you and your princess hair are so beautiful!

betsala
July 7th, 2008, 06:14 AM
i hope that i have princess hair someday! your hair is beautiful and i am sorry about your injury.

Islandgrrl
July 7th, 2008, 06:46 AM
So sorry about the hip! That has to be a real challenge. I hope you're all healed and feeling better very soon!

What a nice hair compliment, though! I've admired your hair since I first joined the boards. *ALL* your hair compliments are well deserved! I'd love to see a picture of your hair at your current length, and DH's as well! :)

paper
July 7th, 2008, 06:49 AM
What a cute story. :heartbeat

wendy645
July 7th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Awww how sweet! And they're so right! Your hair is stunning, and is just so... fairy tale princessy! hehe

I'm glad your hip is healing well! You're in my thoughts for a speedy recovery! :-)

heidihug
July 10th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Hope you are healing well, lorig!

Just wanted to share my princess hair story. I was working at an outdoor customer appreciation/sales event for my company the past couple of days. We mix and mingle with our customers and help them enter contests and direct them to salespeople, etc. Lots of people bring their kids along, and I try to acknowledge them, if I can; the bitty ones are at knee level and are often overlooked.

One woman had her little girl with her, probably about 3 years old, a precious blondie with huge blue eyes. I bent down to say hello to her, and my almost classic-length braid fell over my shoulder and hung down in front of her. Her eyes got even bigger and her mouth dropped open, and she reached out and touched it with her hand. I asked her if she liked it and she just nodded and whispered "Princess!". Her mother then got busy with a salesperson and I was speaking to other people, and I kept feeling something brushing against my behind. It was the little girl who was following me around and touching my braid - not pulling on it, just touching it reverently.

It made my day, she was a sweetie. I hope it gives her a good memory about a long-haired person!

Fencai
July 10th, 2008, 11:19 AM
that's too cute! my hair isnt even close to being that long (not yet!)
but those are really cute stories!!!!!

Sofoulee
July 10th, 2008, 11:22 AM
How adorable :) simple, sweet things

ailin
July 10th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Aww bless! That's too cute, heidihug.

AmselJoey
July 10th, 2008, 11:44 AM
That is the sweetest story!:flower:

I'm studying to be an elementary school teacher and that would have made my whole world!

sexyjacksparrow
July 11th, 2008, 05:54 AM
You definitely do have princess hair, Lori. It's always nice to get a compliment though isn't it.

Kerry xx

Sammybunny711
July 11th, 2008, 07:17 AM
That is SO sweet! How nice when people recognize beautiful hair when they see it! I think your hair looks like a princess too!

lorig713
July 19th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Hi Dear Friends,

I apologize for my delay in coming back to thank you all. Work has been keeping me away from my fun time here on LHC. Recently when I got a RL hair compliment, I think of all the kind comments you left for me on this thread. :D

Thank you very much! :blossom: Here's to all our princess hair! :cheer:

pookatrina
July 19th, 2008, 09:15 AM
You've got some of my favorite hair on the board, just stunning. Will send prayers for that hip.

Patrycja
July 19th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Princess hair sounds like a dream :) You are so lucky to have it!!!! That was a wonderful comment and I hope you have a speedy recovery and you get to feeling better soon!

Forever_Sophie
July 19th, 2008, 09:43 AM
You really do have princess hair, it's gorgeous!!

Best wishes for a smooth recovery :)

Raederle
July 20th, 2008, 03:35 PM
I'm not sure how I missed this. Of course you have princess hair, supreme hair, <fill in the positive adjective of choice> hair.

But more importantly, I'm sorry to hear of the broken hip. Please take care of yourself. We're all rooting for your recovery. :flowers:

Shiin
July 20th, 2008, 03:45 PM
What fantastic (and well deserved!! comments.

Quick healing vibes for you! :flower: