PDA

View Full Version : Are you doing anything special with your hair this weekend?

Curlsgirl
March 14th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Hee hee, sounds like taking your hair on a romantic date or fixing a candlelight dinner for it :p

But really are you doing anything special to it?

I think I am going to clarify, think it's time even though I don't use cones it still feels a little "builduppy". I am going to add a smidge of baking soda to my regular shampoo to accomplish that. Then I am going to slather a nice SMT made with Jessicurl Too Shea and aloe gel over it and put a heat cap on it while I clean the house (well part of it anyway).

Next? :magic:

wolf girl
March 14th, 2008, 08:32 AM
I think a really good heavy oiling is in store........

(I can already feel my hair smiling and saying "thank you") :D

Euphony
March 14th, 2008, 08:33 AM
I have been so hair lazy - busy sewing in my off time - neglecting my hair. My roots show it in a bad way! I not only have about an inch of roots showing under the henna, but I also apparently missed a big blob of hair in the back that is VERY noticeable when my hair is up - there must be 2 inches possibly 3 inches of natural color there...so I've missed it a few times.

So long story short, I'm going to henna my roots (picking up henna tonight) and doing a gloss.

Meli
March 14th, 2008, 09:13 AM
I'm considering to do a honey lightening treatment, it's three weeks since I did the last one. I can't sleep if I leave it on overnight, though, so I'll do it only if I have enough time to spend some hours with plastic wrap on my head in daytime.

Awalia
March 14th, 2008, 09:17 AM
I just colored mine with safe non permanent color that lasts 10 washes and fades back to my own color :) it looks great!

egg99
March 14th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Mine's getting a wash this weekend whether it likes it or not ;) That's about it for us...

redcelticcurls
March 14th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Just same old same old. I have some stuff from Curlmart on its way and it'll probablt get here on Monday.

I do plan on wearing it out in all it's big curly redness since it's St Patricks Day weekend. :D

vindo
March 14th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Some complicated Chinese Bun Version that makes it 2 times a big as a normal chinese bun :D

Chamomile betty
March 14th, 2008, 10:11 AM
I am going for a dusting Saturday morning. I am pretty pleased with myself because the last time I got my ends dusted it was Dec.1st - good for me.

I shoud give a deep condition treatment but I am waiting on some dark blond hair color and want to put in some lowlights this weekend. I would do deep condition after of course.

As for now, I am sitting here with freshly misted and detangled head in a high bun.

Patrycja
March 14th, 2008, 10:19 AM
this weekend is the celebration of my one year marriage anniversary,so tonight we plan on going to the place where we had our first dinner as a married couple.I plan on leaving it down with my bangs swept to one side.I am taking a nice hairtoy with me though,in case I get hot *wink wink*hehe

Our real anniversary is on St.Patricks Day whoo hoo!

ohjezebel
March 14th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Given that my boyfriend will be out-of-town, I'll be spending a lot of time with stuff in my hair. I want to do a deep conditioning treatment - either an SMT, a heavy oil/honey treatment, or finish my caramel treatment mix - wash it, and I even want to try a coconut milk soak. I just have to decide which to do first.

jel
March 14th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Like Euphony, I'm going to henna my roots tomorrow. Except I already have a baggie of henna+cassia mix in my freezer. I might even add a tablespoon of cassia powder to the defrosted mix, to lighten the colour even more, and use any leftovers for a henna gloss with conditioner.

ncurls
March 14th, 2008, 12:07 PM
I think I might henna my hair this weekend. If I don't get around to that, I'll definitely try to at least give it a deep conditioning treatment.

cassie_g
March 14th, 2008, 12:10 PM
All I have planned is my weekly wash. Nothing special.

Carina
March 14th, 2008, 12:14 PM
My hair is screaming after oil.I think I have to do some heavy oiling this weekend to make it happy.Bye bye dry ends:p.

Neorah
March 14th, 2008, 12:26 PM
I'm definitely going to clarify this weekend, because my hair has been feeling a bit off for past week or so. And I'm planning on buying a pair of hair scissors and giving my ends a teeny trim.

BlndeInDisguise
March 14th, 2008, 12:35 PM
I'm going to let my hair be its normal self again after trying to convince it that it REALLY likes oil. :p

atlantaz3
March 14th, 2008, 12:44 PM
I really owe my hair an SMT!

Delilah
March 14th, 2008, 12:48 PM
I'm putting indigo in, followed the next day by a deep oil/aloe/honey treatment the next day.

Cichelle
March 14th, 2008, 12:56 PM
I'm going to wash my hair tomorrow and give CV shampoo bars one more chance, this time with a vinegar rinse to see if that helps. I am overdue for a henna treatment, but I know I won't get around to it this weekend. I will probably mix it up on Sunday night, though and then apply it on Monday.

artemis
March 14th, 2008, 12:56 PM
I practiced cutting my hair last night :) I'm getting a few (much needed) inches cut off next week, so I figured what the heck and trimmed about an inch myself yesterday just to see if I could do it. It worked pretty well and I might start doing a few mini-trims myself throughout the year instead of getting one substantial cut every spring.

I'm also going to start working back into the CO routine. I'd switched to CWC for a few months, but I'm thinking of going back to CO now.

jojo
March 14th, 2008, 01:43 PM
my hair is getting a treat this weekend, its been nice to me all week. It is getting an almond oil and coconut oil deep oiling, its not had one for a while.

Other than that just bunned up!

Madeleine
March 14th, 2008, 01:54 PM
I'm due with some henna, probably on Sunday.

blackcat905
March 14th, 2008, 02:51 PM
I'm going to use Amla/coconut oil on my hair (I haven't decided yet!) and I'm also going to try out a new shampoo I bought which is a supermarket version of Herbal Essences, it seems.

Sarahmoon
March 14th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Yes, I'll wash it :laugh: I've gone a weak without washing for the first time since years :) My hair is greasy but it isn't very noticeable as long as I don't wear it loose.

nahleili
March 14th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Ha, I actually have a wedding to go to so "anything special" is a new 'do - sock bun with braid around it for the rehearsal, and liberty rolls with a bun for the wedding day.

Pyrola
March 14th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I'm oiling it and giving it a good brush with my BBB. Washing day tomorrow.

Iona
March 14th, 2008, 04:01 PM
A good deep oiling with coconut and avocado oil with a bit of shea butter on top. Then I'll Probably do a CWC.

eadwine
March 14th, 2008, 04:03 PM
Not going to do anything special with it that I don't usually do. It is currently in a coconut oil soak, and I will sleep with that overnight. :)

FrannyG
March 14th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Coconut milk soak on Sunday for me. Now, that's excitement! :hollie:

ladystar
March 14th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Just washed and wearing it down and proud

thetokenlady
March 14th, 2008, 07:09 PM
I and 7 friends are headed out Saturday to a matinee of "Menopause, the Musical." We have main floor Cabaret seating with drinks and appetisers. One girl said to dig up something green, just because, so I'm going to braid some shamrock garland into a braided bun.

So actually, I won't be washing tomorrow like usual because braids work better on oily hair!

:toast:

birthmarkie
March 14th, 2008, 08:13 PM
I'll chime in with a "wash it" :p That is special for me. I've successfully been stretching it out to two days between washings. I'll add a little baking soda, like you recommend CurlsGirl :)

I may do a CO soon. It will be one year since my last haircut on Monday. :cheese: Aw, heck, I may even try an SMT for the occasion. Who knows :D

Mahars
March 14th, 2008, 08:18 PM
I'm going out to San Fran for my best friend's birthday. We're going to a really nice place and I'm considering flat ironing. Any other ideas? I don't really want to wear it up, but I want it to look stylish and "finished."

itslex71
March 14th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Benign neglect is in store. Maybe some Monistat.

serenitygal
March 14th, 2008, 09:55 PM
I'm thinking a good heavy oil-and-shea-butter soak Sunday evening/night, followed by a nice SMT on Monday morning.
It's been ages since I did either, and my hair is begging for some TLC.
I also have an appointment with my fantabulous stylist for a trim and some non-permanent color on Thursday. Yay!

sweetkandi
March 14th, 2008, 09:58 PM
I just cut my bangs. I had side swept bangs, but they were always getting in the way, so now I cut them shorter, to be like "normal fringe" They are just above my eyes. A good length I think. Cute when my hair is up.

Starr
March 15th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Henna!!!

I'm planning on doing a full treatment tonight followed by a glossing the next day. . . I kind of skipped last month so I'm making up for lost time.

MadPirateBippy
March 15th, 2008, 01:38 AM
I'm sleeping with it in a crown braid. If it keeps going well, I might buy a silk bonnet from Tenderheaded and sleep with it in a crown braid all the time.

That almost sounds naughty- I'm sleeping with my hair. OOOOH. Don't tell my boyfriend, he might get upset...

Shanarana
March 15th, 2008, 03:02 AM
Hee hee, sounds like taking your hair on a romantic date or fixing a candlelight dinner for it :p

Hmmm, the way my dating has been, I'm thinking that may be a good idea..:cheese:

I'm not going to do anything special this weekend......I usually give it a break on weekends after a week of fussing with it for work.

jacqueline101
September 23rd, 2013, 10:07 AM
I might wash mine do my care routine and try a new braided hair style.

sarahthegemini
September 23rd, 2013, 05:06 PM
I might do a coconut oil pre-wash.

Eta: Wait, I just ​saw the date of this tread :o

Islandgrrl
September 23rd, 2013, 07:32 PM
And she strikes again.

Hairitic
September 25th, 2013, 08:08 AM
I have a Herbal Masque mixed up. I think I'll go ahead and apply it this weekend. Perhaps I'll give it a good oiling too. ;)