PDA

View Full Version : What is this style called?

Bell
October 28th, 2011, 06:04 PM
I dono if there's a name for it but i'm sure there is...I kinda just made it up myself but i'm sure i copied the general style subconsciously or something :p

The style is made by gathering your hair and putting it through a hair tie/scrunchie once then twisting the tie(as if to double tight it for a loose fitting scrunchie) and flipping your hair up into the tie.

Looks like a loop with a fan of the hair ends.

Just curious about what its called if a name exists for it :p

Aeris
October 28th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Like a ponytail not pulled all the way through?

I call it a bunny tail :)

Mythica
October 28th, 2011, 11:24 PM
I think I know what you mean, and I call it a doubled pony or a pony-bun.
It gives my hair a cool look if I let it dry in one and then take it out--straight on top where it was slicked back and then it goes into sort of pinup-y waves and big curls. :)

MrsGuther
October 28th, 2011, 11:26 PM
I call it a "messy bun" and I used to wear my hair like that all the time. My hair has since grown too long for the style to be comfortable to me, as the ends poke my neck.

Kyla
October 28th, 2011, 11:36 PM
All the girls at my former high school called it a messy bun. I think it's pretty cute on some, but I can't pull it off without some major tangles. :p

"Bunny tail" is SUCH a cute name for it though! I love that!

luztrella
October 28th, 2011, 11:39 PM
I know the style you are speaking of, a gal did it to her hair during church without a mirror, just by feel and I was so impressed. I thought I am going to have to learn how to do that.

teela1978
October 28th, 2011, 11:39 PM
To me, a bunnytail is when you make a knot with your hair, pin the knot close to your scalp, and leave the ends hanging out in a ponytail (bun+ponytail=bunnytail). The loopy thingy is just a half-pulled through ponytail :)

missdelarocha
October 29th, 2011, 01:06 AM
I guess it's something people have always generally done so that's probably why but you're right, there's no name for it! A half tail? Ponybun? :lol:

cowgirllong
October 29th, 2011, 05:41 PM
I've always called it a half pony. It definitely isn't a messy bun.

MandyBeth
October 29th, 2011, 06:27 PM
I call it a pony loop. On 6 yo, she wears it looped twice and in pig tails, so she wears piggy loops.

Bell
November 4th, 2011, 11:21 AM
heya everyone sorry...for got to check back lol x.o

Bunnytail sounds adorable but i dono if its really that, its not really a bun as far as i know...its pretty simple really, ponyloop i guess would accurately describe it :p

Googled "ponyloop" and found this: http://promhairdosandideas.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/feb-2011-392-199x300.jpg

This is pretty much it. My hair is a little shorter than the girl in the picture so i get a cute fanning of the hair ends and a slightly smaller little loop. i usually wear mine fan down, rather than up as pictured. I love this style though, cute and simple, easy to do, and keeps my hair controlled and out of my face.

moxamoll
November 4th, 2011, 11:25 AM
I used to do that all the time but I don't think I ever called it anything! :) My hair is long enough now that the weight eventually pulls the loose end back up and out, so I don't do it as much any more.

I like the pony-loop nae!

racrane
November 4th, 2011, 11:32 AM
I call it a messy pony, but there's lots of names for it. My hair is starting to get too long for it, but it was nice when my hair was at flip and was too short for a lot of other styles.

PinkyCat
November 4th, 2011, 11:35 AM
We used to call it the "peacock thing".

I've seen women put it way up on top of their heads too.

Bell
November 4th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Peacock thing sounds good lol, thats what it reminds me of now that you mention it, that or fan thing(like those fold out fans)