PDA

View Full Version : Give Me One Good Reason...

HairFaerie
October 28th, 2011, 01:08 PM
...why I shouldn't put this on my scalp/hair.

Naked Organix Sea Buckthorn Body Butter

Ingredients: Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)+, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Beeswax, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Oil*, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter*, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil*, Tocopherol (Vitamin E).

http://organixsouth.com/naked-organix/body-butters/sea-buckthorn-body-butter.html

I did research on all of these ingredients and they all seem beneficial to hair! I was skeptical about the beeswax but from my web scouring, it looks like it is good for the scalp.

I have used it several times on my scalp with no adverse effects. Is there any reason why I shouldn't use it again?

DancingQueen
October 28th, 2011, 01:33 PM
I don't see a reason not to

SunnyRainStorm
October 28th, 2011, 02:32 PM
If you dont think it is too greasy or heavy you should be able to use it as you please.

RitaPG
October 28th, 2011, 02:48 PM
I don't really understand this post, did someone told you that product is bad? From what I see, it has better ingredients than most things I've seen around here, and if your scalp and hair respond well to it, I see no reason for you to stop using it :)

MrsGuther
October 28th, 2011, 02:54 PM
Sounds like it might cause buildup, but if you clarify every once in a while I don't see why there would be a problem in using it.

teal
October 28th, 2011, 03:07 PM
Sounds like it might cause buildup, but if you clarify every once in a while I don't see why there would be a problem in using it.

That's what I was thinking, too. :)

HairFaerie
October 28th, 2011, 03:22 PM
I don't really understand this post, did someone told you that product is bad? From what I see, it has better ingredients than most things I've seen around here, and if your scalp and hair respond well to it, I see no reason for you to stop using it :)

Well, the reason I am hesitant is because it is marketed as a "body butter" for body, face & lips. It doesn't mention hair at all. I was skeptical about the beeswax on my scalp too, wondering if it might be too "thick". I would think if it is really good for hair, why wouldn't they take advantage of that and mention it on the jar?

I guess the only thing to do is use it and see what happens! I will be sure to clarify periodically.

Elenna
October 28th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Well the beeswax and cocoa butter would deter me! But if it works for you then great. Be careful of build-up! Fine hair does need moisture just not so much during a conditioning session.

luxepiggy
October 28th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Well, the reason I am hesitant is because it is marketed as a "body butter" for body, face & lips. It doesn't mention hair at all. I was skeptical about the beeswax on my scalp too, wondering if it might be too "thick". I would think if it is really good for hair, why wouldn't they take advantage of that and mention it on the jar?

I guess the only thing to do is use it and see what happens! I will be sure to clarify periodically.

Probably 'cos people like me would be perturbed & not buy it :p I'm always wary of products that claim to do too many things, because I always suspect that they do lots of things OK, but nothing particularly well (^(oo)^)v

CurlyCap
October 28th, 2011, 05:35 PM
lol

I have a body butter that I use on my hair!

Many products are too light for me, and my shea-based body butter was perfect. It does cause a bit of build-up, but to be honest, that build-up helps control my curls.

If it works for you and isn't causing a problem, go for it.

Alvrodul
October 28th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Why don't you try it and see if your hair likes it? It might be a case on instant hate, which is one kind of result. But just how do you want to use it? A product that works well for, say, a pre-wash treatment might not work out when used in another way. And what works for one person may not work for someone else.
So you will need to experiment!:stirpot: